Knife Addiction

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dtoad

Knife Addiction

Post by dtoad »

Do you find Spyderco Knifes are addictive?

That moment you come to realization that your #knifeaddiction has taken complete control of your life. :eek:

Sal, thank you, I hope you find enjoyment in this photo enough to let that stashed CPM_S125V go to someone (ME) that will ride all the way out with it. :)

For anyone that may have a all in shot like this willing to share, please feel free to post and/or comment here as well.

Cheers, to Spyderco, and those who know.......Image
Last edited by dtoad on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PanChango

Re: Knife Addiction

Post by PanChango »

Wowser!

Nice collection.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Not so much an obsession but definitely eats up a big chunk of my hobby time.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
mattman

Post by mattman »

Great pic, sir!

Can anybody tell me a little blurb about the bottom left, with the bug?
Never saw one...
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

Evil D wrote:Not so much an obsession but definitely eats up a big chunk of my hobby time.
Same here. I just wish I could afford all of the styles that catch my eye. "So many styles, so little cash"
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

It’s not just the knives but the whole shebang: knives and all the stuff that sails in them, the philosophy, ethics and the people including the aficionados. A rare combination.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

O_O oh my, that is quite an impressive collection.
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

mattman wrote:Great pic, sir!

Can anybody tell me a little blurb about the bottom left, with the bug?
Never saw one...
Thank you!

It's the 2000 Spyderco forum knife.... Limited numbers and some claim that only a couple hundred actually made it out to forum members...
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Thank you all for the replies. I hope others can pipe in and post some pics and/or comments of what feeds their addiction as well......
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

dtoad wrote:Do you find Spyderco Knifes are addictive?

That moment you come to realization that your #knifeaddiction has taken complete control of your life. :eek:

Sal, thank you, I hope you find enjoyment in this photo enough to let that stashed CPM_S125V go to someone (ME) that will ride all the way out with it. :)

For anyone that may have a all in shot like this willing to share, please feel free to post and/or comment here as well.

Cheers, to Spyderco, and those who know.......
Missing the Red G10/m390? ;)
mattman

Post by mattman »

Molle Ninja wrote:

Has there been a Millie in this config?
I must have missed that...
sal

Post by sal »

Very Impressive!

Gail won't let you have mine, but I'll see what I can do.

sal
npad69

Post by npad69 »

:eek: holy feces! That is some collection!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Nope.

I enjoy knives as a hobby. Researching different models, buying them, trying them out, sharpening them, seeing how the steel performs, seeing what I think of handle designs and ergonomics over time, etc.

But I've learned to resist the urge to buy them all, whether all is all the different models, or all the variations of a favorite model.

For example, the Military was my favorite folding knife for a long time. At most I only ever had two of them. For a while I had none. Recently purchased a CTS204P and it's nice. Don't have an urge to buy any other Military folders because the CTS204P gets the job done well, and it's not being discontinued anytime soon.

About the only time I make what would otherwise be unreasonable purchases, e.g. buying 4 Pacific Salts in one year, it's because they're being discontinued.

I also trade a lot as my interests change. I started EDCing fixed blades much more than folders late 2017, so I started trading off some folders for custom fixed blades.

Now my collection is a lot more balanced. I try to have my stock of knives always reflect my usage. Knives that don't see use end up getting gifted, sold, or traded.

I have no safe queens. Whether it's my decade old Police 3 with tons of memories, or the Aqua Salt I got from Sal himself that I still regularly baton and pry with.
:unicorn
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

I don't think you have enough militarys.
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

mattman wrote:
Molle Ninja wrote:

Has there been a Millie in this config?
I must have missed that...
No, it was a pm2
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Evil D wrote:Not so much an obsession but definitely eats up a big chunk of my hobby time.
LOL, I hear ya David.

So let me ask, 17,000 posts to a knife forum wouldn't be considered a obsession?
Last edited by dtoad on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Vivi wrote:Nope.

I enjoy knives as a hobby. Researching different models, buying them, trying them out, sharpening them, seeing how the steel performs, seeing what I think of handle designs and ergonomics over time, etc.
Vivi, Great post and thanks for taking the time to reply...

Me as well actually.

Most of my madness starts with when I find one that I truly like and use/carry on a daily bases. Where I loose control, is then trying to find the different variations (mainly the discontinued) of that knife. Most of my collection is of knives that have been discontinued.

My current madness today is mainly in these knives in which I have and use multiple versions of all.

Citadel
Spyderhawk
Aqua
Catcherman
Military.

My military addiction, started with a foliage D2, but it was all over once I owned, carried, and used one of the 1st gens on a regular bases. I love that older style, aggressive jimping and choil on the earlier 440 and ATS versions.

And yes, I need to seek help........
Last edited by dtoad on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

sal wrote:Very Impressive!

Gail won't let you have mine, but I'll see what I can do.

sal
Thank you, much appreciated :D
Nate

Post by Nate »

Jaw-dropping collection, awesome pic!!

I have multiples of many models now, but nothing on that scale. Remembered and dug up an old pic of my collection (minus a couple of fixed blades, South Fork and a B70P mule). This is from July of '16:

It was taken at a time when I was trying to consolidate, fun to look back and see how much has changed.

Many of these are now indeed gone (6), but while I won a few battles, an updated pic would show that I'm losing the war lol. I'm a little afraid of breaking them all out to quantify exactly how much I've failed in the last 20 months or so... :o
:spyder: