P3 S90V CF

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ross8425

P3 S90V CF

Post by ross8425 »

Molle Ninja

Re: P3 S90V CF

Post by Molle Ninja »

Got that, too. :)
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

And the 2 stores that have them raised the price to $207 from $191.
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Molle Ninja wrote:And the 2 stores that have them raised the price to $207 from $191.
:rolleyes: That sucks.

$200+ for this.... not for me. I wasn't going to get one regardless, I just felt like I would let people know that it is out since I have seen about 80 posts on this particular combination. Hopefully it helps a few folks grab one.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Yea too rich for me, I'll stick with my Cruwear
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I’m all over this one :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Added it to my cart... thought about it for a little... Think I'm going to pass on this one too :(
I like it overall, but it's pricier than I'd like. I'll just save my money for an extra PPT Sprint. ;)
-Nick :bug-red
jdw

Post by jdw »

There is the possibility of pricing yourself out of business. I am around 50 and one of the things that I have always loved most about Spyderco was how high quality of a product that you can get for a reasonable cost. If Spyderco, as a company, wants to follow the business model of gouging every cent they can then the product is that less attractive....and before I hear any 'troll' calls, I have been buying Spyderco longer than a lot of you are alive.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Love the peel ply CF, but gonna pass at that price.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

jdw wrote:There is the possibility of pricing yourself out of business. I am around 50 and one of the things that I have always loved most about Spyderco was how high quality of a product that you can get for a reasonable cost. If Spyderco, as a company, wants to follow the business model of gouging every cent they can then the product is that less attractive....and before I hear any 'troll' calls, I have been buying Spyderco longer than a lot of you are alive.

Haven’t been back here in awhile and read this..... spot on.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Popsickle wrote:
jdw wrote:There is the possibility of pricing yourself out of business. I am around 50 and one of the things that I have always loved most about Spyderco was how high quality of a product that you can get for a reasonable cost. If Spyderco, as a company, wants to follow the business model of gouging every cent they can then the product is that less attractive....and before I hear any 'troll' calls, I have been buying Spyderco longer than a lot of you are alive.

Haven’t been back here in awhile and read this..... spot on.
I can understand being unhappy with price increases and passing on models when they go above certain thresholds, I certainly do, but I don't think passive aggressive accusations of price gouging are warranted or fair.

Sorry if you guys missed the 30+ page thread about it, but Spyderco has been pretty transparent about their challenges and rationale on pricing. It's a complex issue and these aren't decisions they make lightly, (unless they're liars too?). It seems odd to me that long term members/enthusiasts now suddenly think Spyderco is just maliciously raising prices because they can, so Sal can buy a bigger boat or something? :confused:

Maybe that wasn't the intent of JDW's post, and there were other points made that I don't object to, but "price gouging" is a perjorative term and that's how the bolded portion came across to me.
:spyder:
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

The intent of my post (the original one) was to bring notice to this knife being available due to all of the threads and posts I have seen asking when and where, not to discuss the price of it.
bacmapei

Post by bacmapei »

Just got an "in stock" notice. $192 usd with free shipping.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

In stock at KW
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

I don't even think it's a bad price? The CF alone always adds expense, plus s90v, plus a brand new (amazing) model with a new proprietary locking mechanism. It's a steal! But I don't like CF so I don't want one :p
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

That didn’t last long. Missed out with KW.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Just got my order in @ SFO
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

In at oso g k. I just can't figure out why I would buy it instead of the blurple 110v. I mean it is not like the CF handles make it cut faster.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

cheeseheaded wrote:In at oso g k. I just can't figure out why I would buy it instead of the blurple 110v. I mean it is not like the CF handles make it cut faster.
Not instead; in addition. ;)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

Spydersense wrote:
Not instead; in addition. ;)
The in addition will be maxamet...I hope. :eek: