Any more M4 Jade models coming to BH?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blendergasket

Re: Any more M4 Jade models coming to BH?

Post by blendergasket »

I really wish the Lum had a left hand carry option, it looks great, but without that I'm gonna have to pass. I'd love to see a Shaman and a small knife like a native (little or regular) in this configuration. I got the Manix and I absolutely love it. I'm eating a yam with it as I write this. The Lum looks a bit like a Gayle Bradley 2 to me, the GB would be pretty awesome with natural G10 that goes out to the edge.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Such a great combo with the Jade and M4 and Jade Hap40. Hope to see many more models in this family. They cant make a Native 5 or Caly 3 in this combo soon enough!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
rivy

Post by rivy »

steelcity16 wrote:Such a great combo with the Jade and M4 and Jade Hap40. Hope to see many more models in this family. They cant make a Native 5 or Caly 3 in this combo soon enough!
Oh man... a caly would be incredible!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

rivy wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:Such a great combo with the Jade and M4 and Jade Hap40. Hope to see many more models in this family. They cant make a Native 5 or Caly 3 in this combo soon enough!

Tell me about! I'd even take Jade with VG-10 or Super Blue since we just had a Hap40 sprint of the Caly 3. Heck even H1 would be sweet!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

Imagine a jade M4 delica -- it would sell like hotcakes
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Gimme a Hap40 Worker in Jade please!
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Yojimbo 2 would be crazy
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Hopsbreath wrote:Yojimbo 2 would be crazy
Tell me what is the attraction to the Yojimbo? I am a huge fan of so many Spydies, but the Yojimbo doesnt even show up on my radar? Sell me a Yojimbo!
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

steelcity16 wrote:
Hopsbreath wrote:Yojimbo 2 would be crazy
Tell me what is the attraction to the Yojimbo? I am a huge fan of so many Spydies, but the Yojimbo doesnt even show up on my radar? Sell me a Yojimbo!
Get one in your hand and it will sell itself...it's super dope.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Man, after the Manix DLC mania they would be crazy not to do this combo in the rest of the Golden-made models. Especially revisiting the PM2 and Military with this combo. The black blade and hardware against the Jade is such a cool contrast. Then drop some Natives on us! Can't wait for that one. Love the Native!
Donut

Post by Donut »

Yojimbo is a pretty sweet knife. It melts in my hand, putting my thumb on the spine feels nice, the power of the straight edge feels good in my mind.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Donut wrote:Yojimbo is a pretty sweet knife. It melts in my hand, putting my thumb on the spine feels nice, the power of the straight edge feels good in my mind.
What cutting/slicing tasks does the Yojimbo excel at?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

steelcity16 wrote:
Donut wrote:Yojimbo is a pretty sweet knife. It melts in my hand, putting my thumb on the spine feels nice, the power of the straight edge feels good in my mind.
People. I am told.
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

steelcity16 wrote:Man, after the Manix DLC mania they would be crazy not to do this combo in the rest of the Golden-made models. Especially revisiting the PM2 and Military with this combo. The black blade and hardware against the Jade is such a cool contrast. Then drop some Natives on us! Can't wait for that one. Love the Native!

I agree completely. I usually prefer satin, but this combination with the black liners came out amazing. When you add corrosion resistance it was a no brainer for my use. I would definitely be in for a PM2, but I would really love a Shaman. I’ve been waiting for a sprint/exclusive to pick it up.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

oh my goodness. DLC+M4 is a very, VERY tempting combination. Coated for those who worry about corrosion, plus killer aesthetics with the jade.

I would - no joke - drop 200+ EASY on a Shaman in this configuration. Or less for a Lil' Native compression lock...

I'm daydreaming about it....
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:oh my goodness. DLC+M4 is a very, VERY tempting combination. Coated for those who worry about corrosion, plus killer aesthetics with the jade.

I would - no joke - drop 200+ EASY on a Shaman in this configuration. Or less for a Lil' Native compression lock...

I'm daydreaming about it....
Yeah, they really need to keep this going and work through the entire Golden-made lineup. I'd buy 2 of each. Can't wait for the next one...whatever it may be (please be the Native!).
Donut

Post by Donut »

twinboysdad wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
People. I am told.
So, MJ's argument for why to use a Wharnie is: if you curve the blade upward like most knives are curved and you are moving your hand in an arc like our bodies are designed to move, the angles counter-act each other and the blade ends up slipping off what you are trying to cut. Having the edge be straight like the Yojimbo is will keep the edge against what you are trying to cut.

I think there's a video on this.

I want to say that when I cut something stationary with a wharnie, I end up always using just the tip. If you have an upswept blade, it will stop you from using the tip so much and give you the ability to choose what part of the edge you are cutting with.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

rivy wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:Such a great combo with the Jade and M4 and Jade Hap40. Hope to see many more models in this family. They cant make a Caly 3 in this combo soon enough!
A Caly3 Hap40 would be SWEET in the Jade!!!! Yes Sir!!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)