Shot Show surprises

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
thewoodpecker

Re: Shot Show surprises

Post by thewoodpecker »

Anyone else wondering why they didn't go wire clip on the Brouwer or why the clip is placed so far down the handle? Mantra 3 is interesting, hoping we see a Mantra 4. If 4V is getting into the line maybe we'll see something like the Nilakka in 4V down the line. =)
Last edited by thewoodpecker on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

DUPLICATE
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I just watched the blade hq video again and noticed that the lil’ native backlock is linerless! Woohoo!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

That lil Native back lock looks really good. I was sort of one the fence about this knife but after seeing it on the BladeHQ video I know I am going to have to have one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

Well, looks like the Paysan is in my future. Nice CQI there!
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I had overlooked the Paysan, it looks like a winner. Hopefully won't be too high priced. I didn't get the Nirvana, perhaps the Paysan.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

4v! That knife is going to be fun.

The Python looks much better to my eye than the Nirvana. Might actually be tempted by that one.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

The Lil' Native back lock also has a floating pin, but the compression lock has screws on both sides. Why do you think that is? I know the Military has done away with the stop pin that has screws on both sides, so why not the compression Lil' Native?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

p_atrick wrote:The Lil' Native back lock also has a floating pin, but the compression lock has screws on both sides. Why do you think that is? I know the Military has done away with the stop pin that has screws on both sides, so why not the compression Lil' Native?
good question
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Condor also released a knife called "Amalgam" yesterday at SHOW.
What's up with the names? :p
God'sMyJudge

Post by God'sMyJudge »

did anyone catch that glimpse of the orange h1 spyderhawk in the intro! need it.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Surfingringo wrote:
elena86 wrote:
Mushroom wrote:I really love that sheepsfoot blade on the new Rassenti! :eek:

I'm actually super excited about how many new sheepsfoot blades are in the works! Techno 2, Paysan, both clipitools!
That is not quite a sheepsfoot ...
Thankfully. Man, what a beautiful design. I like it better than the Nirvana and I’m SO happy they left off the machined texture on this one. I love the actual edge profile but I need to do some drawings to see if I can modify the top line/spine to give it a sharper tip without marring the aesthetics.
Man, I wouldn't mess with that beauty but I'm not Lance...I'm sure you'll find a way to improve the blade shape to your liking ;) I didn't pull the trigger on the Nirvana just because of the blade grind and the bead blasted finish but i'll bet my money on the Paysan regardless the price. THAT IS A SEBENZA INSINGO KILLER, mark my words :cool:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

p_atrick wrote:The Lil' Native back lock also has a floating pin, but the compression lock has screws on both sides. Why do you think that is? I know the Military has done away with the stop pin that has screws on both sides, so why not the compression Lil' Native?
True, the PM2 and linered N5 still use the original screw design and the CQI’d Military and linerless N5 (CF/G10) now use the floating stop pins. Pretty much direct reflection of the CQI process here. Clearly they haven’t (or perhaps never will) tasked someone to CQI the comp lock stop pin (not sure I’d want them to either since it’s the primary load point).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Oh, and...

YAY!!! New Spydies!!! Slysz and Rassenti are two of my absolute favorite collaborators, and those fixed blade Bowies, drool... :D
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:...Clearly they haven’t (or perhaps never will) tasked someone to CQI the comp lock stop pin (not sure I’d want them to either since it’s the primary load point).
The more I thought about it, the more I came back to this idea. But then I think that the compression lock is more or less like an inverted liner lock. So if the floating stop pin is an improvement for the Military, then... But what do I know.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
True, the PM2 and linered N5 still use the original screw design and the CQI’d Military and linerless N5 (CF/G10) now use the floating stop pins. Pretty much direct reflection of the CQI process here. Clearly they haven’t (or perhaps never will) tasked someone to CQI the comp lock stop pin (not sure I’d want them to either since it’s the primary load point).
But the Para 3 has the update. :o
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Just another video of what we've seen already, but figured its worth posting.

Though, there is a good look at the Rhino as well! Also, an estimated price of roughly "$150 MSRP" from Eric!

https://youtu.be/j3RFBLXRT8I
-Nick :bug-red
mattman

Post by mattman »

p_atrick wrote:
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:...Clearly they haven’t (or perhaps never will) tasked someone to CQI the comp lock stop pin (not sure I’d want them to either since it’s the primary load point).
The more I thought about it, the more I came back to this idea. But then I think that the compression lock is more or less like an inverted liner lock. So if the floating stop pin is an improvement for the Military, then... But what do I know.
The compression lock is definitely *not* an "inverted liner lock"... The liner does the spring function in both, but that's where the similarity ends. The force vectors are completely different.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Nice that updated Techno! I really like its new form. I can't wait to see all the new knives and proto's in Amsterdam.....
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

thewoodpecker wrote:Anyone else wondering why they didn't go wire clip on the Brouwer or why the clip is placed so far down the handle?
Yes, I wondered the same thing. I also wouldn't mind it as a liner lock/compression lock, rather than RIL.