Blade Show 2018 !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Blade Show 2018 !!!

Post by Candyman »

Soooo Blade Show 2018........ how many of you are planning on going this year? It is truly one of the funnest, craziest events I go to and I thoroughly look forward to it every year. Monstrous knife show every day. Some of the best places to eat and then chill late night at the famous "PIT" and have drinks and bump elbows and BS with the top knife makers around the world, knife enthusiasts and friends. I booked my room back in July cause all the good hotels tend to sell out quick. Interested to see how many of you I'll have the pleasure of hopefully meeting this year. June 1st-3rd, always a good idea to show up on the 31st.
Atlanta, Georgia
Cobb Galleria events center but you guys already knew that ;)
Think for yourself
OkanSeven

Re: Blade Show 2018 !!!

Post by OkanSeven »

I’m going 100%!! I went last year for the first time and it is truly a glorious experience! I will certainly be there and hope to meet as many of you guys and gals as I can!!!

My Blade Show carry will be my Sprint Run Worker, if your going what will your carry be?

-Okan
:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I’ll be there for sure. I love the show and this will be my 4th year in a row.
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

If funds allow then yes. Flying in from South Africa is long and expensive.

Last year was my first and it was fun to meet so many people.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I'm planning to attend this year. Any hotel tips? I'm looking at saving some $ with a short drive vs paying up for something walkable.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

mb1 wrote:I'm planning to attend this year. Any hotel tips? I'm looking at saving some $ with a short drive vs paying up for something walkable.
My suggestion is to go on the blade show website and give the number a call. If you book directly through them you save a a huge chunk of change and they can also help you with finding a good suiting hotel.

Rich
Think for yourself
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Surfingringo wrote:I’ll be there for sure. I love the show and this will be my 4th year in a row.
I could be mistaken but I believe you helped me out with getting a picture with Sal last year. You offered to take the picture. :) I was the fella with the Sage 4 tattooed on my calf. If not then disregard and I just made this ackward. Hahahah
Think for yourself
Wanimator

Post by Wanimator »

I want to go but life is taking me as the wind may blow.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Richierich252000 wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:I’ll be there for sure. I love the show and this will be my 4th year in a row.
I could be mistaken but I believe you helped me out with getting a picture with Sal last year. You offered to take the picture. :) I was the fella with the Sage 4 tattooed on my calf. If not then disregard and I just made this ackward. Hahahah
If you'd said "I was the fella with the daisy tattoo on my butt", THAT would have been awkward, for all involved! :D
Last edited by Larry_Mott on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Richierich252000 wrote:
If you'd said "I was the fella with the dasiy tattoo on my butt", THAT would have been awkward, for all involved! :D
Hahahahaha, I can always count on you for a laugh Lars.
Think for yourself
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Richierich252000 wrote:
I think that was me. We need to tell each other our forum names when we meet this year. Maybe even put your forum name on your name tag. I really enjoyed meeting Wanimator and Animportant last year and getting to put faces to the names. Hope to meet more this year.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

OkanSeven wrote:I’m going 100%!! I went last year for the first time and it is truly a glorious experience! I will certainly be there and hope to meet as many of you guys and gals as I can!!!

My Blade Show carry will be my Sprint Run Worker, if your going what will your carry be?

-Okan

I will definitely be carrying an Autonomy and a Janisong. Praying that I'll be carrying a new ATR more than anything though. ;)
Think for yourself
MCM

Post by MCM »

I will be there. 1st SHOT SHOW in a couple weeks, then Blade. Missed the "regular" Blade hotel... sold out...
Will be slumming it at the Wingate by Wyndham June 2018 .

Always stayed at the Renaissance Waverly in the past. Waited a bit too long this year.
Will be sneaking in though. LOL LOL
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I would really love to go some day. I wish the show was closer to Hawaii.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Freediver wrote:I would really love to go some day. I wish the show was closer to Hawaii.
I wish I lived in Hawaii so I could freedive regularly. :spyder:
- Mark

sonarsessions

Post by sonarsessions »

I went to BLADE for the first time last year.. and in all honesty... IT WAS AWESOME.

Holy crap, so much win. Spyderco booth was always full of people checking out the current, new, and upcoming models, as well as those panning for Youtube interviews for their channels. I got to meet a few of the employees and everyone was extremely nice. I have to admit that having BLADE here in Georgia makes June an exceptionally fun month for me, especially since my birthday is about 2 weeks after :) Looks like I will be saving up some $$ for my birthday gift at BLADE.
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Going to try to make it this year, but the wife and I have our 15th anniversary this year so that may hinder my travel funds.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
mb1

Post by mb1 »

So...if I just planned to attend Friday, or maybe Friday and Saturday, would I regret not staying longer? I know it's a big show. I'm wondering if I will have seen what I want to see after the first day. Do they keep you hooked with daily deals and lotteries? I'm guessing 2 days might be the sweet spot.
- Mark

Candyman

Post by Candyman »

mb1 wrote:So...if I just planned to attend Friday, or maybe Friday and Saturday, would I regret not staying longer? I know it's a big show. I'm wondering if I will have seen what I want to see after the first day. Do they keep you hooked with daily deals and lotteries? I'm guessing 2 days might be the sweet spot.
In my opinion 2 days would be more than enough time to see everything for your first trip. Second trip you have more of a lay of the land and then start to explore other things as well.

Rich (Candyman)
Think for yourself
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Richierich252000 wrote:
mb1 wrote:So...if I just planned to attend Friday, or maybe Friday and Saturday, would I regret not staying longer? I know it's a big show. I'm wondering if I will have seen what I want to see after the first day. Do they keep you hooked with daily deals and lotteries? I'm guessing 2 days might be the sweet spot.
In my opinion 2 days would be more than enough time to see everything for your first trip. Second trip you have more of a lay of the land and then start to explore other things as well.

Rich (Candyman)
That's kind of what I was thinking. It's an important consideration when every night in a hotel is like chucking a Spydie out the window! :eek: :D
- Mark