Spyderco 2018 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Spyderco 2018 Lists: Delivered & Upcoming

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I keep looking at the picture. I think it's definitely a Lum. I couldn't find any other models with that bolt pattern. But I think it's a Lum Chinese or Lil Lum.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

My bet is certainly a new Lum Tanto. Screw patterns and/or handle shapes of other Japanese Spydies don’t match. Plus I’d be pretty sad if it was an exclusive Lil’ Lum (no offense to the little guy ;))

The BladeHQ teaser shot (courtesy of course of BHQ):

My gray Lum Tanto:
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

That just about settles it in my mind. That's the closest model I've seen with that bolt pattern beneath the clip! Also, looks almost certain there was a change in the clip as well. Thanks for sharing, RadioactiveSpyder!

That comparison shot also convinces me a little more that the teaser BladeHQ shared, is not Jade g10! :eek: - They're deceptive(in good fun) like that! :D
-Nick :bug-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mushroom wrote:That's been bugging me, I just can not seem to figure out what it is! :confused:

Initial assumptions, being a BladeHQ exclusive, are that it's Jade/M4. But after hearing suggestions of it being a Lum Tanto, it made me question if Spyderco has ever used M4 in any Japanese made Spydies? And would they do it for this?

Judging from pictures I've seen of the Lum Tanto, this most recent teaser shot looks to have a different clip but thats a fairly easy change. Also, the bolt pattern in the teaser shot seems like it could match whats on the existing Lum Tanto!
I have my doubts but I, also, think it could be a Lum Tanto. :D

With that said, I know I'm not the only one who would be stoked to see it.

I'm thinking Lum Tanto as well. The real question is if so, what kind of price are we looking at? What was the last Tanto sprint run priced at?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Chef’s Knife VG-10 Corian (Japan) is at some dealers.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Finally! I have had one on pre order for well over a year.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

That BladeHQ Instagram teaser could well be the Lum Tanto folder like the Sprint Run of 2011 with Light Gray G-10 and VG-10.

Last edited by RamZar on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Yes!! I’ve been waiting for the Chefs knife for a while!!
Josh
SG89

Post by SG89 »

so excited about the chef's knife!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Ippon

Post by Ippon »

RamZar wrote:That BladeHQ Instagram teaser could well be the Lum Tanto folder like the Sprint Run of 2011 with Light Gray G-10 and VG-10.
I hope they do a big run then.....
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

murphjd25 wrote:Yes!! I’ve been waiting for the Chefs knife for a while!!
A good friend has been shopping for good Chef's knife. I told him Spyderco's new Chef's knife should be out soon. I guess he didn't want to wait because last night he told me he just received a Wusthof. My attempt to convert him over to Spyderco wasn't a total failure because he said he also received a couple of Spyderco paring knives.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:Yes!! I’ve been waiting for the Chefs knife for a while!!
A good friend has been shopping for good Chef's knife. I told him Spyderco's new Chef's knife should be out soon. I guess he didn't want to wait because last night he told me he just received a Wusthof. My attempt to convert him over to Spyderco wasn't a total failure because he said he also received a couple of Spyderco paring knives.
That’s too funny. I actually just converted my mom to Spyderco knives as well! She text me a picture of her new 6” kitchen knife and matching paring knife tonight! Wait until I bring over the Chef knife next time I see her haha.
Josh
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Ippon wrote:
RamZar wrote:That BladeHQ Instagram teaser could well be the Lum Tanto folder like the Sprint Run of 2011 with Light Gray G-10 and VG-10.
I hope they do a big run then.....
Definitely a Japanese Spyderco folder with HAP40/SUS420 Steel. I’m guessing around $200 with G-10.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Coming soon: BladeHQ Exclusive Lum Tanto 3.9" Satin HAP40/SUS420 blade and Natural G-10 (C46GHAP40P) for $219.95.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ife--71566

vivi

Post by vivi »

RamZar wrote:Chef’s Knife VG-10 Corian (Japan) is at some dealers.

That looks nice. Might pick one up.
:unicorn
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Where is everything? Can't take the waiting! :confused:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

steelcity16 wrote:Where is everything? Can't take the waiting! :confused:
Same here haha can't wait ;) :(
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

The para 3 52100 and s90v are carbon fiber. One is listed as peel ply and the other textured. Anyone know what the difference is? Or are they the same but have two different ways of listing them?
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

steelcity16 wrote:Where is everything? Can't take the waiting! :confused:
Since the MAP announcement in late November 2017 there have only been 5 new Spyderco knife releases the past nearly two months! I wonder if there’s an intentional delay to allow dealers to sell off discontinued items and cash in further due to higher street prices.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The length of time it's taking for Knifecenter to clear out the discontinued models is kind of shocking to me.