First Knife of 2018

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hopsbreath

Re: First Knife of 2018

Post by Hopsbreath »

Picked up a Hap40 Endura last night. My first Hap40 blade, I was around just as they started releasing but disappeared from the forum until recently. It’s already been a user so I won’t feel too bad when I practice sharpening it. Still haven’t attempted M4 so this’ll help me gradually ease into steels requiring more patience.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Zome yellow/green Delica. Going back to the delica design after years ago hence it was my first Spydy in high school when you could carry a blade to shop class. Very excited.
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Urban K390 came in today. I am very happy with this Italian slip joint. I really like the half stop on this, in particular.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I got my Shaman today. It is very impressive knife. I would love to see many sprints and exclusives.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
quattro98

Post by quattro98 »

First knife of 2018 was the 40th Anniversary Native. Second was a sprint run Worker.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Larry_Mott wrote:
bh49 wrote:
xceptnl wrote: I have something bolstered on its way too. Very excited about it too. Ian helped me out greatly.
I hope to see pictures. Soon :)
Second that! :)
Met the mailman at the box because the anticipation was unbearable.

Thanks Ian..... its a beauty.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

That's pure class xceptnl :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote: Met the mailman at the box because the anticipation was unbearable.

Great find. Gold bug. congrats.
Now you need one with black bug :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:
xceptnl wrote: Met the mailman at the box because the anticipation was unbearable.

Great find. Gold bug. congrats.
Now you need one with black bug :)
The red handled model will be next, this 75mm version fits my hand like it was made for me. Thanks Sal & Mr. Schempp!
*Landon*
BravoTango

Post by BravoTango »

My first Knife of 2018 is turning out to be a factory 2nd Yoji2 that I got a great deal on. It'll be my first compression lock and I am looking forward to playing with it.
:spyder: Ben,

The North Remembers.

Has (Always in flux): Shaman, Chef, Techno, M390 Para 3, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 M4. Manix 2 XL, Blue Weave Domino, CF Chaparral, Vtoku2 Endura 4, D-Fly Salt Hawk SE.[/s].

Wants: Manix 2 XL CPM-M4 or 4V, Compression Lock, Tip-up Military, Yojimbo 2 XL.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I'm waiting on a Rit dyed Salt2 that I purchased from a fellow on Instagram, along with a Stretch 2 FRN and S30V Wharncliffe Delica from Cutlery Shoppe. They're supposed to be here tomorrow, so here's hoping the snow melts enough for the mail to get delivered.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

K12P Chefs Knife ordered today :) First one of the year haha
Josh
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Stopped by the SFO on the 3rd while road tripping and got me a PD1 Mule and a LBHB which I've been wanting forever but for some reason never clicked on. Starting the year off right!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
Ohbabyadrian

Post by Ohbabyadrian »

---
Last edited by Ohbabyadrian on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Already stumbled backwards into a deal on my 2nd of 2018, but I now have a new Jess Horn sprint inbound.
*Landon*
jacala

Post by jacala »

I can't tell you what I ordered from a shop that I cannot name.
But I can say that they have only 1x left. :-)
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

I had to snag one of the Southards, but I’m still waiting on it to come in.
Drewthebrave

Post by Drewthebrave »

My first Spyderco of 2018 will most likely be the Orange Spyderhawk Salt, whenever my preorder goes through. If that preorder takes too long, I may end up picking up a Para 2, Native 5 or Sliverax first.
In the meantime I bought a Leek & a Skyline (both discounted blems) to add some low-cost alternatives to EDC rotation (Idon't always want to carry a $100+ knife). They are impressive knives for the money (under $35 ea), but they also help me appreciate the finely tuned details of my Spyderco knives that elevate them into the next tier. I think I'm officially hooked!
Mr. Pick

Post by Mr. Pick »

My first one just arrived yesterday. A Zome Green Endura4 - though mine looks more Zome Brown than Zome Green. Never had an Endura and I am surprised by how much I like it. Of course every new knife is my favorite.... ;-)
Oogie

Post by Oogie »

I had gifted myself my first Spyderco this xmas, the PM2. Though I really appreciate the design and function, I find myself targeting designs with blades 3” or less. Fast forward a few weeks now, and I’ve added a few more pairs! I’ve enjoyed exploring the different models and steels out there, but expect to slow down for the time-being. Feeling good about my choices thus far, and hope I can do these steels justice with the Sharpmaker.

Always appreciate the passion and enthusiasm of the forum threads. I’ve been a long-time enthusiast of Oakley eyewear, so have some experience with how easy it is to get carried away with a hobby like this. But for now, here is where 3 weeks of purchases have left me: