Reinhold Rhino Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
araneae

Re: Reinhold Rhino Update

Post by araneae »

swigert wrote:If anyone is unhappy about price and where it ended, just compare to similar knives with similar materials of similar size and it’s spot on.
The problem for me is it started out at a very different place. At $130 I will have a hard time seeing this pushing a Dragonfly or Chapparal (both with a lower price point) out of my pocket. Going off the pics, I believe it is a slightly less useful blade shape for me. Compared to the original specs (which I would have bought and tried out for sure), I probably will have to pass on trying it out. It looks great though and I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy Michael's design.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

TazKristi wrote:Hey, everyone:
We've confirmed the new SKU # and the pricing information for the new Reinhold Rhino.

C210CFP
MSRP: $199.95
MAP: $129.97

Thanks for hanging in there with us as we worked through the final details! We're looking forward to the much-anticipated release of the Reinhold Rhino. And on that note, I'm sorry, the one thing I don't have is an ETA.

Kristi
Ouch. My pre-order for two will now not cover the cost of one. I guess I can wait even longer for this one, until someone has a sale or coupon deal. Looks lovely however.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JonesE

Post by JonesE »

I will still be picking one of these up. Thanks for the update.

JonesE
swigert

Post by swigert »

araneae wrote:
swigert wrote:If anyone is unhappy about price and where it ended, just compare to similar knives with similar materials of similar size and it’s spot on.
The problem for me is it started out at a very different place. At $130 I will have a hard time seeing this pushing a Dragonfly or Chapparal (both with a lower price point) out of my pocket. Going off the pics, I believe it is a slightly less useful blade shape for me. Compared to the original specs (which I would have bought and tried out for sure), I probably will have to pass on trying it out. It looks great though and I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy Michael's design.
Yes, it certainly has changed.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank you for the update, Kristi. Really appreciate that! :)
TazKristi wrote:Hey, everyone:
We've confirmed the new SKU # and the pricing information for the new Reinhold Rhino.

C210CFP
MSRP: $199.95
MAP: $129.97

Thanks for hanging in there with us as we worked through the final details! We're looking forward to the much-anticipated release of the Reinhold Rhino. And on that note, I'm sorry, the one thing I don't have is an ETA.

Kristi
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

...And thank you all for your continued kind support on this too. I know it sounds cheesy when I say this, but please know I appreciate it very much. You guys are the best. :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
phaust

Post by phaust »

Definitely not the first time a knife has changed from early renditions and cooled reception. People can't help but compare versions.

I like this new version better though. I have the Ambitious and Dragonfly for cheaper carries when working in a goverment building (requiring a blade length under 2.5"). I'm glad for something a little higher end I can carry in that situation.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

phaust wrote:Definitely not the first time a knife has changed from early renditions and cooled reception. People can't help but compare versions.

I like this new version better though.....
Me too :D I think for everyone that was disappointed this wasn't going to be a 'value line' knife, there is someone like me that is really exited about the upgrades. The bargin hunters are disappointed, the afi's are happy... you can't please everyone unfortunately.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Yup. If the budget version was a run away hit, everyone would be asking for a version like this. Kinda like the Premium Tenacious requests.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Love the new version - I'll be all over this one when it drops!
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

Loved this guy initially and have been following since. Was hoping this would be a sub $100 knife and that's why I was so excited. Great looking, compression lock, etc.

But to be honest, for the same price, I may stick w the Sage 5
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Dang I saw this thread bumped and thought it had finally dropped. Post some more pics for us while we wait Michael!

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Dang I saw this thread bumped and thought it had finally dropped. Post some more pics for us while we wait Michael!
Well... You're not alone in that! ;) I thought it might have dropped too!
Also, I don't know if Michael still has the sample anymore, but I'm sure he doesn't lack pictures! :D Lets see 'em :spyder:
- Nick :bug-red
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hey guys,

I'd be happy to share a few more pictures: :)

Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Thanks!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Tease!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Show-off! :P
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Guilty as charged :o . By the way, those are the nicest things I've been called today. Truth! ;)

Here's one more for tonight...

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

That really is a good looking knife!
Josh
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

SpyderNut wrote:Hey guys,

I'd be happy to share a few more pictures: :)
Thanks for the pics! :spyder: