Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spy4life

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by spy4life »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Another here who tried for the Slysz Bowie when Amazon had them at $250 a few weeks ago, only to have the order canceled. I am happy to try again for $25 less this time! We'll see :)
I ordered mine for $225 so let’s wait to see what happens...
~spy4life~

Collections: GB1, GB2, Dice, Urban-K390, Positron-S35VN, Sliverax, Southard brown&blk, CS Native 5 S90V, KW Military S90V Carbon/Ti
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Not to crush your dreams, but how would Amazon replenish stock of a discontinued model??
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Exactly, there is no way to restock something no longer being manufactured. Won’t hurt you I guess since they don’t bill til they ship, but .....
spy4life

Post by spy4life »

You guys just crushed my dream :(
~spy4life~

Collections: GB1, GB2, Dice, Urban-K390, Positron-S35VN, Sliverax, Southard brown&blk, CS Native 5 S90V, KW Military S90V Carbon/Ti
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sometime Spyderco still has stock of discontinued knives which get distributed after the fact.

There’s hope yet.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

15% off entire site at Rakuten w/ code NEWYEAR15. Some good deals on :spyder:s but I ended up using the code for a new Fenix flashlight. I did however buy a DLC Para 3 for my father's birthday which arrived a couple of days ago authentic & NIB for anyone concerned about getting a knife through them. I am always nervous when purchasing through a new outlet/dealer but am satisfied with the exchange.
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

Couple of my go-to reputable dealers don't have price changes yet.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

KnickKnackCity wrote:15% off entire site at Rakuten w/ code NEWYEAR15. Some good deals on :spyder:s but I ended up using the code for a new Fenix flashlight. I did however buy a DLC Para 3 for my father's birthday which arrived a couple of days ago authentic & NIB for anyone concerned about getting a knife through them. I am always nervous when purchasing through a new outlet/dealer but am satisfied with the exchange.
Most of the knives on the site seem to ship from Reds Gear. I picked up a BK7 on the 20% off deal.
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

abbazaba wrote:
KnickKnackCity wrote:15% off entire site at Rakuten w/ code NEWYEAR15. Some good deals on :spyder:s but I ended up using the code for a new Fenix flashlight. I did however buy a DLC Para 3 for my father's birthday which arrived a couple of days ago authentic & NIB for anyone concerned about getting a knife through them. I am always nervous when purchasing through a new outlet/dealer but am satisfied with the exchange.
Most of the knives on the site seem to ship from Reds Gear. I picked up a BK7 on the 20% off deal.

Where do you purchase direct from Reds Gear ?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mastermachetier wrote:
abbazaba wrote:

They go by the name The Roost on this site apparently https://www.rakuten.com/shop/the-roost/info/
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I've ordered from the "Roost" thru Rakuten and had good success though it was just the CBN rods. Can't speak for knives and such. Get flooded with emails from Rakuten now. Guess I need to unsubscribe.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

abbazaba wrote:
Mastermachetier wrote:
abbazaba wrote:

They go by the name The Roost on this site apparently https://www.rakuten.com/shop/the-roost/info/

Red's Gear is now known as ozarksource.com

I recently used a 15% off deal to score a Blue Stepped Titanium Chaparral for $280 (It should be delivered today). Use discount code REDSGEAR for 15% off.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

jmh58 wrote:
i am travvy wrote:To anyone that preordered the sb caly jr from smkw, they finally replied back about the situation. Stated they cannot honor the price and are offering refunds on cards that were charged. They will however leave your name in the preorder que for the full cost.
Thanks for heads up.. Just called and cancelled my order for a full refund!! John :)
Got my refund transaction confirmation today.. :D On to other knives!!! :cool: John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
rivy

Post by rivy »

jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
i am travvy wrote:To anyone that preordered the sb caly jr from smkw, they finally replied back about the situation. Stated they cannot honor the price and are offering refunds on cards that were charged. They will however leave your name in the preorder que for the full cost.
Thanks for heads up.. Just called and cancelled my order for a full refund!! John :)
Got my refund transaction confirmation today.. :D On to other knives!!! :cool: John
Still haven’t heard anything from them myself...
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Did you call them?? That's what I did.. And it was a few days before I got the cancellation confirmation notice.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
rivy

Post by rivy »

jmh58 wrote:
rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Did you call them?? That's what I did.. And it was a few days before I got the cancellation confirmation notice.. John :)
Nope, and I don’t intend to. If they can’t honor the price they should be reaching out. Especially since they already have my money.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Nope, and I don’t intend to. If they can’t honor the price they should be reaching out. Especially since they already have my money.
I totally agree with you, but prepare for disappointment
rivy

Post by rivy »

twinboysdad wrote:
rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Of course, I don’t have any expectations. I am a bit disappointed with their customer service at this point though.
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I've emailed SMKW twice and called once to cancel that order. No credit yet and no responses to the emails.
vivi

Post by vivi »

rivy wrote:
twinboysdad wrote:
rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Of course, I don’t have any expectations. I am a bit disappointed with their customer service at this point though.

They called me a few days ago to tell methey can't honor the price. Still not showing any refunds on my account...

My emails asking about the price were ignored.
:unicorn