Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by xceptnl »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Bento box shop has the blue 204P Domino and blue PE Lil Matriarch for $206. Maybe not crazy but considering their normal pricing it is a very good deal.
Let me know if you want to partner up Darby. I need a PE Lil
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Any eBay deals out there?
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:Any eBay deals out there?
Haven't seen any today. Hoping to get one myself.
*Landon*
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Sorry Landon, I am tempted but I am not a big flipper fan and I spent a lot of money this holiday season.

I hope you score a PE Lil Matriarch. They are a great EDC.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

i am travvy wrote:To anyone that preordered the sb caly jr from smkw, they finally replied back about the situation. Stated they cannot honor the price and are offering refunds on cards that were charged. They will however leave your name in the preorder que for the full cost.
Thanks for heads up.. Just called and cancelled my order for a full refund!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
rivy

Post by rivy »

jmh58 wrote:
i am travvy wrote:To anyone that preordered the sb caly jr from smkw, they finally replied back about the situation. Stated they cannot honor the price and are offering refunds on cards that were charged. They will however leave your name in the preorder que for the full cost.
Thanks for heads up.. Just called and cancelled my order for a full refund!! John :)
Still odd that they haven't reached out to those who have been charged though. I have heard nothing from them at all.
phaust

Post by phaust »

rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Still odd that they haven't reached out to those who have been charged though. I have heard nothing from them at all.
Agreed and same here. I'm not going to cancel yet and see if they end up not correcting the mistake and ship it
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

rivy wrote:
jmh58 wrote:
Agreed, odd they haven't taken the initiative to contact people they've charged. I sent them an email today inquiring about the order status.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

So they charged people's cards three weeks ago and haven't communicated with anybody since and they do not plan to honor it? :confused: Mistakes happen but communication is key.

If they hold the current funds until they have them and then charge the balance between that and MAP plus collect their $8 shipping charge then that will not be a very good deal after all.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
phaust

Post by phaust »

Paid with Paypal myself, but per the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, they need permission to charge your card again if there was no agreement to charge it again later or for a recurring charge (I don't remember seeing anything like that when I paid). Without that, you can/should file a dispute with your cc company (Visa or whatever), and enough disputes can cause them to lose the ability to process that type of card, which is obviously a big deal for the business. ...or just tell the business that, and usually they'll reimburse you because they don't want the dispute against them
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bhq still has native 5 fluted cf for $215 everywhere else has raised the price...i just ordered one
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Bhq still has native 5 fluted cf for $215 everywhere else has raised the price...i just ordered one
You go girl :D
Babalu32

Post by Babalu32 »

SMKW called me today regarding the calypso jr. pricing debacle.
I believe they are initiating contact to those who pre ordered.
Of course they cannot honor the initial price.
I used paypal, so I gave her my credit card # over the phone to pay the remainder.
Also of note, she said they ordered 101, and have 90 pre orders.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Babalu32 wrote:SMKW called me today regarding the calypso jr. pricing debacle.
I believe they are initiating contact to those who pre ordered.
Of course they cannot honor the initial price.
I used paypal, so I gave her my credit card # over the phone to pay the remainder.
Also of note, she said they ordered 101, and have 90 pre orders.
Did they indicate an anticipated date?
*Landon*
Babalu32

Post by Babalu32 »

No, I didnt ask.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Amazon has the Slysz Bowie for $226. Currently out of stock... you know the drill.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

abbazaba wrote:Amazon has the Slysz Bowie for $226. Currently out of stock... you know the drill.
I ordered that, thank you. I also ordered at $250. But don't hold your breath. I had them cancel one order right after the model was discontinued. I'm guessing there's a database out there giving them bad info b/c it hasn't been updated with future status or something. But can't hurt to order and see what happens!
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
rivy

Post by rivy »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:
abbazaba wrote:Amazon has the Slysz Bowie for $226. Currently out of stock... you know the drill.
I ordered that, thank you. I also ordered at $250. But don't hold your breath. I had them cancel one order right after the model was discontinued. I'm guessing there's a database out there giving them bad info b/c it hasn't been updated with future status or something. But can't hurt to order and see what happens!
Worth a shot! Had them cancel one on me too.
btbyrd

Post by btbyrd »

I must have been luck because I picked one up at $250 when they were out of stock and managed to get one shipped to me. Best of luck on that... it's definitely a gem and worth the hype. I just wish we'd seen a new fancy Slysz in the 2018 catalog... maybe in the supplement.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Another here who tried for the Slysz Bowie when Amazon had them at $250 a few weeks ago, only to have the order canceled. I am happy to try again for $25 less this time! We'll see :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King