Cannot upload "Extension .jpg" pictures?

This area is for information on how the forum works and for posting issues/requests. This is NOT to discuss Spyderco products, service, or Spyderco.com, etc. Please review the stickied threads PRIOR to posting a new thread!
SpyderEdgeForever

Cannot upload "Extension .jpg" pictures?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Hello, I have a question about making a post with some pictures.

I wanted to put a post in the Off Topic Section about these very cool hand made Filipino knives for all to see, and when I tried to use the standard Attach File function to upload the pics into the post, it says "extension .jpg not allowed". I am familiar with standard .jpg files but I have never heard of this kind. Have any of you heard of this? I've put posts here before with attached picture files and there was no problem so I wonder why these ones are blocked?

Thank you in advance for any and all help on figuring this out.
TazKristi

Re: Cannot upload "Extension .jpg" pictures?

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, SEF:
Is it possible for you to post or private message me a screenshot of what you're seeing? I just tested and was able to post an image without any issues. The "extension" mentioned is just referring to the ".jpg" - a file extension is simply the type of file and in this case, it's ".jpg." We haven't changed any settings on the forum but I did double-check and we haven't blocked any image files. Could you try again and see what happens? A screenshot of what you're seeing would be most helpful. If you can't post an image please e-mail it to me at forums@spyderco.com and I'll take a look.

Thanks!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
SpyderEdgeForever

Thank you I will try to do that! I appreciate the help.
SpyderEdgeForever

Thank you Kristi, it worked, I was able to post the pictures in the Off Topic section, the Filipino knife pictures that a friend and fellow knife enthusiast from there sent me.