I love the Spyderco Endura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

I love the Spyderco Endura

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I have to say, I love the Spyderco Endura 4 knives. The Foliage Green, the standard Endura 4, with both plain edge and serrated Spyder Edge. Thank you Sal! And a question: Sal, will the Endura continue to be in the Spyderco lineup of products as far as you know for a good time to come?

And do the rest of you all also love the Spyderco Endura knives?

My favorite is the Endura Saber Grind in both serrated and plain edge.

Its a "winner winner chicken dinner!" :)
Jazz

Re: I love the Spyderco Endura

Post by Jazz »

I love it for an outdoor knife, but most days have one in my back pocket. FFG, mostly. Great knives.
- best wishes, Jazz.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I am an Endura fan but have to admit sharpening the Saber variant is tough. You can tell it was made idiot proof with a tip that won't break and huge shoulders protecting the edge. FFG is much easier to sharpen for me
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

Most days will find a SE ZDP-189 Endura in my back pocket. Great knife.

I think about the only thing that may replace it will be the updated linerless Pacific Salt.
Caustic Dick

Post by Caustic Dick »

Love my Endura. Would never part with it. Saber grind is my favorite too. Its so light and slim you don't even notice it in the pocket.
Don't get bit by your Spyderco........
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

An orange E4 is my dedicated backpacking folder. Pulled double duty this year as a work knife when I remodeled the house. Cutting carpet, thinning out some trim, opening paint cans (don’t judge me), and even used it to clean the edges on some pipes in the crawl space during a plumbing disaster. Great knife, possibly my most used Spydie!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

That is very cool that you found all those uses for that, Hopsbreath. How was the edge after opening the paint cans? It held up fine for that? Amazing. Its a very durable steel.
Skoalart

Post by Skoalart »

I love my Endura 4 as well. I prefer the ffg, but a plain edge Saber is a beast. I will try to aquire a few more Endura 4 variants before I get too deep into my military addiction.
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

My first one is in the mail but I have a Pacific Salt and a Cara Cara 2. Big knives but surprisingly feel small in the pocket and super light. Big fan of this size knife.
Parkourdude

Post by Parkourdude »

Oh man, the timing of this thread.

I've been on the fence about getting an Endura. I almost convinced myself that all I need is my trusty delica too, and then this thread pops up. :D

I do a lot of food prep and I often find the Delica a little short. On the other hand I feel like the Endura would be a little big for edc. What do I do?! :eek:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I have yet to find a knife that could permanently push the Enduras out of my pocket. My muscle memory makes an Endura easier and faster into action than any other knife including autos. It has been a reference standard for over 2 decades for me. The Stretch, Police 3 & 4 and Millies are next in line followed closely by the Native.

Joe
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I also have more than one Endura. Started with Superblue, then ZDP, the sabre grind (passed it on to a friend), and 3 FFG (purple, blue & orange). And the HAP40.

If the Vtoku comes in Emerson, I’ll get them.

And yes, participated in this: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/tha ... a.1304098/
Chris :spyder:
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:That is very cool that you found all those uses for that, Hopsbreath. How was the edge after opening the paint cans? It held up fine for that? Amazing. Its a very durable steel.
I used the tip for prying open the paint cans. Blunted it up a little, but nothing I couldn’t sharpen out. Good stuff that VG10.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

SEF, I have an Endura that I like so much I will never part with it. I like the blade shape and overall size and weight. On my large hands, that first finger bump thing just hit me wrong. However, just a little sanding had that taken care of and now it is as right as rain. I have a gray one that matches my gray Delica.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
C99c

Post by C99c »

My first Spyderco was an older Endura (this was mid 1990s). I had previously carried and used one of the original Gerber EZ Outs (?) and while I had no complaints with it, I instantly liked the Endura design better.

It was used a lot daily and was replaced with a Delica when it was confiscated by a well meaning LEO on the side of a Tennessee backroad.
To his credit, he realized his mistake and took great effort to find me and very apologetically return the knife to me some months later.

I've owned a lot of Enduras since that first one and even though I carry a Delica more often, if I had to pick one knife to leave the house with, having no intent of ever returning, it would probably be an Endura of some sort.
Support Knife Rights. https://kniferights.org/

Don't buy knives from EBAY or AMAZON. There are plenty of good companies that will appreciate your business and don't sell fakes.
amishviking

Post by amishviking »

I started my Spyderco collection with a found Delica. It was my gateway into a PM3, which then led me to try a Native 5, and then the Endura's. Started with a superblue. Then HAP40 orange. Then HAP40 Pakkawood. Then ZDP. I had to get in line for the VTOKU.

The Endura fits the bill for me. Huge hands find a nice place to land. Enough blade for most anything I throw at it. I've thought a g10 police might call me away from the Endura, guess the future will tell.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Parkourdude wrote:Oh man, the timing of this thread.

I've been on the fence about getting an Endura. I almost convinced myself that all I need is my trusty delica too, and then this thread pops up. :D

I do a lot of food prep and I often find the Delica a little short. On the other hand I feel like the Endura would be a little big for edc. What do I do?! :eek:
Get an Endura of course! :D
It's not too be big for EDC in my opinion and it's a great knife. You'll definitely get a bang for your buck with this one.
A Spyderco classic for good reasons!
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

My name is steelcity16, and I love the Spyderco Endura. :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I got a shock. I thought for a second SEF had returned.

I also love the Endura, quite a lot.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

The Spyderco Endura 4 is my favorite folder of all times and all brands. :)

Just the right amount of cutting edge, long enough but still not making the closed knife TOO long
For me perfect ergos
The best locktype
Light weight
Hand reasonably close to the edge when held on the actual handle plus a Ricasso that´s perfectly suited for choking up on
Rather thin blade (though it could be thinner for me: The 2.5mm of the Delica instead of the 3.0 mm) that is still very strong and has that a bit reenforced tip (imho the better design than a thicker blade, but then thin tip (like on a PM2)
FRN scales
Available in several variants (ffg, sabre grind, PE, CE, SE, wharnie)

Only thing that I really missed so far: A fully serrated ffg version in the regular blade shape.
But now the upcoming Pac Salt 2 in LC 200N basically will offer just that!!! :) :) :)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)