I wish Spyderco would make...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jimmd

Re: I wish Spyderco would make...

Post by jimmd »

sal wrote:Hi Jimmd, Blendergasket,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Thanks!
Jim
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

A Gayle Bradley 1 with a stainless steel blade.
I really like m4 for sharpening and edge reasons, but for edc I like something more maintenance see.
Knife Knut

Post by Knife Knut »

A Spyderco version of the Gerber EAB
kitanis

Post by kitanis »

I would actually like to see Spyderco re-visit the Efficient.

Yes, I know its a Spyderco value line blade that is made in China. But aside of the 8Cr13MoV blade.. I really enjoy this knife and have it in my regular rotation.

I would love to see a higher end steel and maybe an improvement on the washers on one of these.
villageidiot

Post by villageidiot »

I wish for the WHATSITBIG it was a 5 inch endura proto that was shown several years ago but did not make production. I am sad...
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

villageidiot wrote:I wish for the WHATSITBIG it was a 5 inch endura proto that was shown several years ago but did not make production. I am sad...
I'd like a Tatanka in 3v if we are going for a big folder :)
emjay4248

Post by emjay4248 »

I wish Spyderco will make a M390 version of the Shaman with CF
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

I wish Spyderco would make a hap40 delica with upgraded handle materials that is not pakkawood(looks like plywood to me). Maybe a titanium delica with hap40 ? Maybe even a damascus blade that is not vg10.
vivi

Post by vivi »

villageidiot wrote:I wish for the WHATSITBIG it was a 5 inch endura proto that was shown several years ago but did not make production. I am sad...
I need photos.
:unicorn
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Vivi wrote:
I need photos.
5 inch you say?
Pics, we NEED pics :eek:
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

I doubt I would ever see it happen but I would like to see a Sprint Run of a Maxamet blade for the Chaparral series that I could swap out and install in my Titanium Chaps. I love Maxamet and I love my Titanium Chaps. I am probably the only one interested in this, but I'd sure like to see it. :)

Dave
vivi

Post by vivi »

CTSBD1, FFG, thin G10 scales like the ronin 2, skletonized for lightness, no filework.
:unicorn
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

I like the blade on those Szabo's, but not a big fan of the Perrin/Szabo style choil (too big a transition from the handle).
Also, not a fan of BD1. But make that blade in a steel with better edge retention (there are just so many choices these days) and it will be a winner!
Great suggestion! And I'm also a fan of any wharncliffe Ronin type suggestion
archangel

Post by archangel »

Evil D wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Such a shame the Spyderwrench didn’t make it. Even a bigger shame that it was discontinued before my time. Looks like s helluva tool and there was obviously a ton of work that went into the design. I would love to own one!
Multitools are a harder sell for me than knives are, I'm even more picky and selective about the tool assortment than I am about knife steels and ergonomics. So far the best tool for my needs has been the Victorinox Spirit but there are several things I'd change about it if I could. The best thing about a Spyderco multi would be that it should have a far better blade than other tools but I always have a dedicated knife on me so I'm more concerned with the tool selection.
I own a LM Surge, plus a whole bunch of add-ons for it, all squeezed into the leather sheath. It‘s way too heavy to carry it on me, I carry it with me in my work bag though.

I don‘t think I‘d sell it, even if the Spyderwrench would be available (and affordable). But I‘d buy Spyderwrench anyway, in a heartbeat. And so would a couple hundred guys and gals from this forum. No doubt about that. And it would be in my EDC rotation, as long as it‘s not three times heavier than your average EDC.

Sal, so many Spyderwrench supporters here. What do you say? :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

For $75, I'd buy a Spyderco Chimera (multitool) with:

- externally accessible blade in a cheap steel like CTS-BD1 or even 8CR13MOV. Sprint runs or primo options in something real tough could be offered for more money

- Needle nose pliers with a wire cutter

- Phillips head and flat head screwdrivers (whatever is most standard)

- 3/32 punch (Glock and many gun owners will enjoy this, and punches are just awesome)

- Bottle opener

- optional: butter knife dull blade for the NKP
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

A hatchet that performs as a camping, hiking, outdoors tool.

Rich (Candyman)
Think for yourself
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

archangel wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:Such a shame the Spyderwrench didn’t make it. Even a bigger shame that it was discontinued before my time. Looks like s helluva tool and there was obviously a ton of work that went into the design. I would love to own one!
Multitools are a harder sell for me than knives are, I'm even more picky and selective about the tool assortment than I am about knife steels and ergonomics. So far the best tool for my needs has been the Victorinox Spirit but there are several things I'd change about it if I could. The best thing about a Spyderco multi would be that it should have a far better blade than other tools but I always have a dedicated knife on me so I'm more concerned with the tool selection.
I own a LM Surge, plus a whole bunch of add-ons for it, all squeezed into the leather sheath. It‘s way too heavy to carry it on me, I carry it with me in my work bag though.

I don‘t think I‘d sell it, even if the Spyderwrench would be available (and affordable). But I‘d buy Spyderwrench anyway, in a heartbeat. And so would a couple hundred guys and gals from this forum. No doubt about that. And it would be in my EDC rotation, as long as it‘s not three times heavier than your average EDC.

Sal, so many Spyderwrench supporters here. What do you say? :)
Count me in for a new Spyderwrench. Heck, I would buy a Sprint of this in a heartbeat! (Perhaps we’ll see this appear in the mid-year supplement? Lol). :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

...an Urban in either Ti or CF with an Elmax blade.
Captain Howdy

Post by Captain Howdy »

More LW Natives. M4, XHP, Cruwear
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Lil Native compression lock version with fluted carbon fiber with s90v
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb