Gentlemens Folder Suggestion....Centofante Memory feedback?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chopping Broccoli

Re: Gentlemens Folder Suggestion....Centofante Memory feedback?

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I just opened the box that DLT sent me. Two nice specimens of the Centofante Memory. I think they will work. I was worried they would be too heavy as I'm used to the heft of the similar sized stainless Delica model. That thing feels like an anchor sometimes. I'm glad the Memory is titanium. It does not feel overly heavy for its size. I still think a jigged bone or other inlay Kopa would have been best but I'm happy with the Memory as that is what was available. I'm glad I didn't open up the box and start feeling buyers remorse. Luckily, I had the opposite feeling. And I'm glad this knife is considerably different than all the other knives I own.
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:I just opened the box that DLT sent me. Two nice specimens of the Centofante Memory. I think they will work. I was worried they would be too heavy as I'm used to the heft of the similar sized stainless Delica model. That thing feels like an anchor sometimes. I'm glad the Memory is titanium. It does not feel overly heavy for its size. I still think a jigged bone or other inlay Kopa would have been best but I'm happy with the Memory as that is what was available. I'm glad I didn't open up the box and start feeling buyers remorse. Luckily, I had the opposite feeling. And I'm glad this knife is considerably different than all the other knives I own.
Nice! Congrats on the wedding and that is a great thing to do for your buddy.

Great name BTW. One of my favourite SNL skits of all time. Phil Hartman was funnier than Dana Carvey in that IMO. Priceless facial expressions. :D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote:I bought it only due to peer pressure from Ken.
Haha, you’re welcome, brother. Like Paul, it checks a lot of my “don’t like” boxes, but dang if it isn’t one of the best all round knives I own.

As another suggestion, if you need to keep looking ;) Lil’Nilakka. It’s my “church” knife. Small. Pretty light. Very attractive, IMO. I wouldn’t want it to be a regular duty knife but as a dress carry it’s terrific

Ken
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

bh49 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:The only minor thing I’d mention is that it is a bit on the heavy side.
Heavy side? Seriously? For gentleman like you? Can you, please refresh my memory, you are this tiny, small guy, who is only only 6' 4" right? :D
Haha! You’ve got me there, my friend. :o Ever since I turned 35, I guess I’ve just gotten weaker (and a bit whinier). :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
idubodywork

Post by idubodywork »

My dress up knife is the sprint run squeak in titanium and elmax. deep carry clip ,very thin, very light and very legal just about anywhere. Certainly not a full grip knife but great ergos and design allow for a confident and controllable user experience. Would be easy to evgrave
or personalize if giving as a gift. discontinued now but still availabe for a great price if you look around a bit.
Congrats !
:spyder: What A Great Knife ! :spyder:
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

idubodywork wrote:My dress up knife is the sprint run squeak in titanium and elmax. deep carry clip ,very thin, very light and very legal just about anywhere. Certainly not a full grip knife but great ergos and design allow for a confident and controllable user experience. Would be easy to evgrave
or personalize if giving as a gift. discontinued now but still availabe for a great price if you look around a bit.
Congrats !
+1. Great steel and ergonomics, top end finish, plus even your granny wouldn't feel threatened by it!
Mick

Post by Mick »

Beautiful fit and finish and opens smooth as silk. I carry mine to every dress-up occasion.