Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Rhix

Re: Show your mods!

Post by Rhix »

Also threw my smurf blue Persistence in the pot with the Para 3 scales. It came out sort of dark blurple.
Attachments
Persistence
Persistence
EC198B53-CCB6-48AE-8EF0-09EDEC5C833F.jpeg (38.98 KiB) Viewed 13242 times
:spyder:
Robert
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

I also threw part of the Delica GITD kit into the racing red soup.
Attachments
DEL GITD
DEL GITD
7C612CCD-42C8-45C2-82AA-2FC545D542C0.jpeg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 13239 times
Delica GITD Light
Delica GITD Light
CF02ACF9-E055-49E6-9D11-B993BCA7891E.jpeg (38.08 KiB) Viewed 13239 times
:spyder:
Robert
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I have a Dfly ZDP 189 that, for some reason has a downward, negative angle blade. It's always bugged me. I thought, I'll make it a wharnie, since the normal Dflies wouldn't look right wharnied (the blade would end up too positive angled when done). Well, this worked okay. It's one of a kind, and it's a wee ZDP 189 wharncliffe Dragonfly... plain edge... razor sharp.

- best wishes, Jazz.
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

I modified a Spyderco Endura to resemble the Military model... similar to what I have done previously with the GrindMod Delica/Lil'Para MOD. Charcoal G10 scales with gray G10 inlaid shields and red G10 inlaid crosses... fanburst texture.

Originally I designed and machined a custom G10 sculpted TEMPLAR shield/cross pocket clip but once installed it became obvious that you can have too much of a good thing. The inlaid shield/cross clip competed with the pocket clip's shield/cross for the eye. I believe for the pocket clip to work with this design the inlay should only be on the presentation side of the knife. I ended up putting on a bright finish stock spoon clip and that improved the appearance.

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

BOOMER52 wrote:I modified a Spyderco Endura to resemble the Military model...
Looks like the liners have to be modified...can I see a clear shot of how it looks in that area/the bottom of the grip? Can you see any liner exposed or does the scale cover it still?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

The stainless liners require a small amount of grinding at the nose to allow them to nest within this new modified profile.

BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

BOOMER52 wrote:The stainless liners require a small amount of grinding at the nose to allow them to nest within this new modified profile.

Excellent work. I am super impressed! :eek:
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

I would love to get my hands on an OD green 'Millica', or whatever you call this mod. Now that would be a beautiful Endura!
-Brian

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

I tried out 'Militura' as a name for this MOD... but it didn't stick. I've slipped back into referring to it as Endura/Military.

Here are some pics of one that's mostly but not quite all OD green... frag blast texture... w/matching Delica/Lil'para...

BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Wow! Is your work for sale? These are the finest scales I have personally seen. Excellent work, Boomer!
-Brian

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

BOOMER52 wrote:I tried out 'Militura' as a name for this MOD... but it didn't stick.

Enduritary :cool:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

z4vdBt wrote:This is the plan. Will post after pic when it comes back.

Josh's pic (Razor Edge Knives).

BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

z4vdBt wrote:
z4vdBt wrote:This is the plan. Will post after pic when it comes back.

Josh's pic (Razor Edge Knives).

That is squared away! Liking the lines.
-Brian

z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

Delica Salt 1, by Josh / Razor Edge Knives. Got it in hand and it's perfect. I thought the H1 logo could be affected but I need not have given it a second thought - it wasn't touched.

Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Anodized my scales

gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Re Scale Techno:
There isn't much need for a G10 Scale on the Techno but a little more traction isn't bad either.
Used course texture G10, then sanded it down to reduce some of the aggression. I think it gives a nice look.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Enigma wrote:Anodized my scales

That is beautiful!
- best wishes, Jazz.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

BOOMER52 wrote:I tried out 'Militura' as a name for this MOD... but it didn't stick. I've slipped back into referring to it as Endura/Military.

Here are some pics of one that's mostly but not quite all OD green... frag blast texture... w/matching Delica/Lil'para...

Outstanding work as always Steve. I need to commission some more scales.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
remnar

Post by remnar »

Inspired by EvilD and others but not quite as extreme as some: I finally decided to expose my Yo-hole and I'm glad that I did.

Things are about to get dusty: Before pics.

After pics.

It actually looks better in person but you can see that I also softened the sharp edges on the scales with some 500 grit sandpaper. I could have spent more time to make it look a little better but I'm impatient and the changes accomplished what I wanted. The hole is much easier to access and the knife feels more comfortable. :) :spyder:
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

remnar wrote:Inspired by EvilD and others but not quite as extreme as some: I finally decided to expose my Yo-hole and I'm glad that I did.

It actually looks better in person but you can see that I also softened the sharp edges on the scales with some 500 grit sandpaper. I could have spent more time to make it look a little better but I'm impatient and the changes accomplished what I wanted. The hole is much easier to access and the knife feels more comfortable. :) :spyder:
I like that mod.