D01 display case

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
brj

D01 display case

Post by brj »

Stupid question: where can the D01 be purchased from? It doesn't seem to be listed on the site (unless my google-fu totally failed me) and a number of distributors mention it as discontinued by manufacturer.
The Deacon

Re: D01 display case

Post by The Deacon »

If I was in the market for one, I'd give SFO a call. They may only be made on an "as needed" basis, so It's possible they don't list them on the site but can take an order for one. FWIW, on the '17 Price Sheet the price for the D01 is $450.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

If I can gather the dosh, I would definitely be interested. Would be the crown jewel of my home office :P
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
brj

Post by brj »

The Deacon wrote:If I was in the market for one, I'd give SFO a call. They may only be made on an "as needed" basis, so It's possible they don't list them on the site but can take an order for one. FWIW, on the '17 Price Sheet the price for the D01 is $450.
Thanks Paul, I think I'll try that. I've seen the price info, kinda steep but unfortunately I think I need one in my life... :)
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Anyone havea picture of it since i don't know which one it is..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

brj wrote:Thanks Paul, I think I'll try that. I've seen the price info, kinda steep but unfortunately I think I need one in my life... :)
I hear you. Been in that place more than once. ;)
Larry_Mott wrote:Anyone havea picture of it since i don't know which one it is..
Larry, it's in the 2017 and 2018 catalogs, if that's any help.
Paul
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Thanks Paul! Never reflected on the names of the monters/cabinets and i thought it might be the old one i have a picture of somewhere..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Larry_Mott wrote:Anyone havea picture of it since i don't know which one it is..
Still no pics? OK here's one to display the display cases:

Candyman

Post by Candyman »

The case is extremely nice. You can display on both sides and it spins. I added lights to mine. Add a motor to that and you'd have yourself one heck of a display case!

Rich (Candyman)
Think for yourself
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Any word on whether they can be ordered?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

nicked.onaut wrote:Still no pics?
Ok, for the benefit of those too lazy to look in the catalog, :p this is the current display case, and the base that can be purchased to go with it. These have been available since 2015...
This is the previous one, from around 2010...
And this is the one I have, these were made up to around 2005...
Pretty sure there's another one as well, kind of a much taller version of the '05 version, but can't seem to find it in a catalog.
Paul
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Software glitch? Paul, didn't the image I posted display on your screen? It does have the specialized html grabbed from the pdf, but it should have displayed properly. Let me know if it was unseen on your display, and next time I'll convert/upload e.g. to imgur. Thanks for your catalog pics of previous displays.

Was there an "image" place tag, or did nothing show at all?

Here's a screen grab (I clipped the bottom for this post in the grab; the entire image was displayed, same as yours):

The Deacon wrote:
nicked.onaut wrote:Still no pics?
Ok, for the benefit of those too lazy to look in the catalog, :p this is the current display case, and the base that can be purchased to go with it. These have been available since 2015...
mattman

Post by mattman »

Nick,
Just an img tag for me (Chrome mobile)
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

mattman wrote:Nick,
Just an img tag for me (Chrome mobile)
Thank you mattman, that is very helpful.

kind regards,
nicked.onaut
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

nicked.onaut wrote:Software glitch? Paul, didn't the image I posted display on your screen? It does have the specialized html grabbed from the pdf, but it should have displayed properly. Let me know if it was unseen on your display, and next time I'll convert/upload e.g. to imgur. Thanks for your catalog pics of previous displays.

Must be. Here's what I see in three different browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) on my Win10 desktop...
Paul
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

Greetings all,

If anyone is interested, I have what I believe is the first Spyderco display case. It was made specifically for the first six Clipit knives in the mid '80s. If so, let me know, and I will post a few photos of it in the Spyderco Archeology thread in the picture gallery.

Cheers,

H2
He who walks in the company of fools suffers a long way; company with fools, like an enemy, is always painful; company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinsfolk. Therefore, one ought to follow the wise, the intelligent, the learned, the much enduring, the dutiful, the elect; one ought to follow a good and wise man as the moon follows the path of the stars.

--Buddha, The Dhammapada, Chapter XV, Verses 207-208.
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

The Deacon wrote:
nicked.onaut wrote:
Must be. Here's what I see in three different browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox) on my Win10 desktop...
Thanks Paul--that helps. I think I see the code fix--but easier just to re-host in the future.