paramilitary 2 left handed

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
jerry30707

paramilitary 2 left handed

Post by jerry30707 »

my wife purchased a paramilitary 2 l/h for her dad who is right handed.. will he not be able to operate this knife comfortably? whats the difference?
Sharp Guy

Re: paramilitary 2 left handed

Post by Sharp Guy »

Hi Jerry!

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum. As simple as possible, the right-handed compression lock knives (PM2 etc) have the access to the lock on the right side. So it's easier to operate with your right hand. The left-hand version is opposite. He should still be able to operate his LH knife with his right hand but it's not quite as easy as it would be with a RH knife. I operate my RH compression locks with my left hand often but I wouldn't want the LH version. I'd suggest that your wife return the knife she bought and get him the RH one.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jerry30707

Post by jerry30707 »

thks didnt lnow if it was worth restocking fee pr not
eddiebob

Post by eddiebob »

I am a lefty and thought I would comment. We live in a right handed world so us lefties have learned to be flexible. I have a lefty PM2 and several of the normal ones. I don't find either one to be a problem. They are both easy to use. That being said a right handed person could have trouble with a lefty. For the sake of argument return it for the right one. Ed B