The Last Jedi (No Spoilers)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
StuntZombie

Re: The Last Jedi (No Spoilers)

Post by StuntZombie »

Yep. I have to admit, at first, I was feeling a bit "meh". I mean, I liked it, but I didn't love it. Over the past couple of days though, I've been thinking about the movie, and it has definitely grown on me. Sure, it drug in some parts, and there's one scene with Leia that just does not look good. But, there were some truly awesome moments in that flick. It has one of the most beautiful fight scenes I've seen, and there's one scene in particular that looks like it was ripped out of an anime that made me sit up and say "Woah". It's honestly the first Star Wars movie to amaze me.

If this experience has taught me anything, it's that I should probably take a day or two to think over a movie before I form an opinion on it.

I'm fighting the temptation to go see it again, but it is definitely one I will own on Blu-Ray when it comes out.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Do you think there have been crazy situations where someone who saw a movie like this left the theater and saw the others waiting online to watch it...and intentionally spoiled it for them, told them the end or what happens to notable characters, and this broke out in a physical fight?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Do you think there have been crazy situations where someone who saw a movie like this left the theater and saw the others waiting online to watch it...and intentionally spoiled it for them, told them the end or what happens to notable characters, and this broke out in a physical fight?
Yes, undoubtedly. :( Some folks are just that way, unfortunately.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

SpyderNut wrote:
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Do you think there have been crazy situations where someone who saw a movie like this left the theater and saw the others waiting online to watch it...and intentionally spoiled it for them, told them the end or what happens to notable characters, and this broke out in a physical fight?
Yes, undoubtedly. :( Some folks are just that way, unfortunately.
This is the kind of "person" who would do such a despicable thing...

https://youtu.be/1RGohIKxc9M

If you are impatient, skip to 5:45. But, it's worth watching in its entirety if you haven't seen it before...
He who walks in the company of fools suffers a long way; company with fools, like an enemy, is always painful; company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinsfolk. Therefore, one ought to follow the wise, the intelligent, the learned, the much enduring, the dutiful, the elect; one ought to follow a good and wise man as the moon follows the path of the stars.

--Buddha, The Dhammapada, Chapter XV, Verses 207-208.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

That's a big difference between movie fans and Spyderco knife fans. We ASK for and WANT as many "spoilers" aka sneak previews as Sal can give us of what's new and upcoming in the knives :)
johnson

Post by johnson »

What does the " :spyder: Force" think of this ?
Force m1.jpeg
Force m2.jpeg