The Last Jedi (No Spoilers)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Liquid Cobra

The Last Jedi (No Spoilers)

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Well folks, the day I’ve waited and thought about for two years straight is finally here. In a few short hours from now I will be at an advanced screening of Star Wars Ep VIII The Last Jedi. To say I’m excited would be a severe understatement. I’m currently doing my best to lower my expectations as much as possible so I won’t be disappointed, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’ve got a good feeling about this one.

Anyone else excited or going to see it this weekend? Please keep this thread spoiler free.

MTFBWY
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Re: The Last Jedi (No Spoilers)

Post by Evil D »

Man I won't be able to see it until maybe Saturday and it's killing me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I'm certainly going to see it.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Yes, I’ll see it, hopefully next week. I’ve been carefully avoiding spoilers.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

Saw it six hours ago. It was okay -- better than the last one. (Mark Hamill, meh.) Very entertaining. You'll be glad afterwards.

Cheers,

H2
Last edited by Hattori Hanzo on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
He who walks in the company of fools suffers a long way; company with fools, like an enemy, is always painful; company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinsfolk. Therefore, one ought to follow the wise, the intelligent, the learned, the much enduring, the dutiful, the elect; one ought to follow a good and wise man as the moon follows the path of the stars.

--Buddha, The Dhammapada, Chapter XV, Verses 207-208.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

This post brought back memories to me. Years ago before the Internet and social media I was teaching America history at a high school in Omaha. I was able to score tickets to a sneak preview of The Empire Strikes Back on a Sunday. The next day I told my first class that I'd seen the movie and the kids all asked how it was, I said it was great and by the way Darthvader is Luke Skywalker's father. Needless to say I had to duck to avoid the cascade of wadded up paper, pencils and erasers that were hurled at me. :p
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

holeshot wrote:This post brought back memories to me. Years ago before the Internet and social media I was teaching America history at a high school in Omaha. I was able to score tickets to a sneak preview of The Empire Strikes Back on a Sunday. The next day I told my first class that I'd seen the movie and the kids all asked how it was, I said it was great and by the way Darthvader is Luke Skywalker's father. Needless to say I had to duck to avoid the cascade of wadded up paper, pencils and erasers that were hurled at me. :p
Why would you do that?!?

People like you is the reason I have to see movies like this right away. I’d prefer not to go on opening night with a full crowd of people who don’t know how to behave in a movie. But the alternative is someone spoils a major plot line for you out of the blue because they saw it first.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Liquid Cobra wrote: I’d prefer not to go on opening night with a full crowd of people who don’t know how to behave in a movie.
I never go too the theatre for this reason. Second, I won't go to the theatre because it is a rip-off. I'll see the movie when I can watch it from my own chair.
Justin
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Our local 1 screen theater played it last night, and I enjoyed it. My main issue was that it felt like there were a lot of filler scenes in a movie that didn't need them. Cut about 30 minutes, and you'd have a much tighter movie. Still, there were some great scenes, some that are already my all time favorites. I look forward to the chance to watch it at home, because I'm sure I missed some of the smaller details.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Going to the movies is an experience so I’ll never stop going. I’ve learned ways to limit the chances of people ruining it for me though. No weekends, no nighttime, etc.

@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I moved a year ago and sold the home theater system with the house but I had a dedicated room with a 110 inch screen, a HD projector and a built in surround sound system for ten years. Now I live miles from the closest theater and it is a really small theater. I have not actually been to a movie theater in many years. I still wait for the ability to watch movies from the comfort of my own home. Homemade chicken wings, cold beer, a wood stove going and a good movie is my style.

That said, I hope this is another good one and as soon as I can watch it from home I will. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Just out here - I can't wait! I'm *almost* as excited as I was in 1977 as an 11 year old for the original!
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

ChrisinHove wrote:Just out here - I can't wait! I'm *almost* as excited as I was in 1977 as an 11 year old for the original!
This came to mind when you said that:

Just kidding!

Cheers,

H2
He who walks in the company of fools suffers a long way; company with fools, like an enemy, is always painful; company with the wise is pleasure, like meeting with kinsfolk. Therefore, one ought to follow the wise, the intelligent, the learned, the much enduring, the dutiful, the elect; one ought to follow a good and wise man as the moon follows the path of the stars.

--Buddha, The Dhammapada, Chapter XV, Verses 207-208.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
holeshot wrote:This post brought back memories to me. Years ago before the Internet and social media I was teaching America history at a high school in Omaha. I was able to score tickets to a sneak preview of The Empire Strikes Back on a Sunday. The next day I told my first class that I'd seen the movie and the kids all asked how it was, I said it was great and by the way Darthvader is Luke Skywalker's father. Needless to say I had to duck to avoid the cascade of wadded up paper, pencils and erasers that were hurled at me. :p
Why would you do that?!?

People like you is the reason I have to see movies like this right away. I’d prefer not to go on opening night with a full crowd of people who don’t know how to behave in a movie. But the alternative is someone spoils a major plot line for you out of the blue because they saw it first.
I was young and stupid. Forty years later I'm somewhat wiser. :o
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

holeshot wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Why would you do that?!?

Reading my comment back it seems a bit harsh. Sorry if it came across that way. Live and learn right? :D

@liquid_cobra
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
holeshot wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Why would you do that?!?

Reading my comment back it seems a bit harsh. Sorry if it came across that way. Live and learn right? :D
Not harsh at all. When I told my girlfriend now my wife that story shortly after we met, her first reaction was you're a total A-hole and she and you are spot on. The amazing thing is she still married me. :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

ChrisinHove wrote:Just out here - I can't wait! I'm *almost* as excited as I was in 1977 as an 11 year old for the original!
Oh yes. I remember the original in '77.
I was 5 or 6 years old. It was really awesome for back then.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

I have always loved the original star wars series. The first one I saw was at old sticky floors. Sticky floors was a dollar theater that played old movies. We called it sticky floors because you needed to make sure your shoes were on tight or lose them. It was for the poor and frugal. It was one of my first movies at a movie theater and didn't know it had come out 8 years earlier. Since Disney has bought the star wars series I have enjoyed them again. I look forward to this one too, but from the comfort of my own home.
Justin
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I only have one question for you all. When do you and me get our very own functional Light Sabers? :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:I only have one question for you all. When do you and me get our very own functional Light Sabers? :)
Spyderco is as close as we’re gonna get friendo.

Well, I saw it for a second time today. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time around. I think I just had to get used to it.

Anyone see it yet?

@liquid_cobra