You have to get out fast. What one Spyderco knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stuart Ackerman

Re: You have to get out fast. What one Spyderco knife?

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Fluted Ti Millie
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Red m390 pm2, which is pretty much on me all the time anyway. Otherwise the cruwear print pm2 or caly 3 HAP40 sprint, which both were gifts and hold sentimental value too. '

stop buying all those knives, how many more do you need?' imagine my surprise getting a pm2 sprint in cruwear. Never expected her to actually delve into what sprints are, let alone my favorite steels and models, but apparently she does listen to my boring stories! Not the best blade I have but definitely the most valuable to me. Think I might carry it today as well!
Caustic Dick

Post by Caustic Dick »

phaust wrote:Never really thought about it, but we got a mandatory evacuation message at about 10:30 last night and had to decide what to take quickly.

Long story short, grabbed a multitool and a trustworthy Spydie:

(Dog had to choose her carry quickly too and went with a well chewed favorite.)

What Spyderco would you take out the door in a rush?
I would take my Military too. For the record......I'm really digging that awesome edge you have on your Military.
Don't get bit by your Spyderco........
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Aqua Salt, or JM2
If folder, Pacific Salt. Reasons are pretty obvious :D
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Thankfully I'm 30 miles away from the big fire near me. But I've been getting things ready in case any pop up near by. Got the cat carrier, cat food, water. Got myself my bag with 2 changes of clothes, toiletries, leatherman, ect... got my photos and all my spydies in their Pelican cases (carrying the Yo2, HB DFly, and a Super blue delica.) These fires spread so quick when the weather is like this. The big fire near me went from 50 acres to 500 acres in less than 2 hours. It's burned about 4000+ acres now and is still only about 15% contained.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

I keep an Endura and a leatherman in my truck. If no truck, then I'm stuck with my M4 PM2 that's usually in my pocket. If I have time to think, I'd grab the Kerahawk.

I'm in Riverside. We've been spared by the winds and the fires but many of my friends have been dealing with the evacuations.
Ryan

“Every created being is so constituted as to be capable of vice and virtue. For he can do nothing praiseworthy, if he had not the power of turning either way.” - Justin Martyr
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I'd probably have a Buck 110 Folding Hunter and a Leatherman Supertool 200 already strapped to my pants belt, so I'd either grab my Spyderco Military, Spyderco Manix 2 XL, or Spyderco C95 Manix. I'd also try to grab my Spyderco Delica 4 PE as well.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I thought Military before I read the responses and I see I have company.
palonej

Post by palonej »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Thankfully I'm 30 miles away from the big fire near me. But I've been getting things ready in case any pop up near by. Got the cat carrier, cat food, water. Got myself my bag with 2 changes of clothes, toiletries, leatherman, ect... got my photos and all my spydies in their Pelican cases (carrying the Yo2, HB DFly, and a Super blue delica.) These fires spread so quick when the weather is like this. The big fire near me went from 50 acres to 500 acres in less than 2 hours. It's burned about 4000+ acres now and is still only about 15% contained.

Been praying for you guys. Hope all of the evacuated are home safe very soon.
Hang in there.
Joe
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

palonej wrote:....
Hang in there.
Joe
Thank you Joe. I hope for everyone's safety and well-being too. I was fortunate again, many were not. A lot of horses were killed and a lot of structures were destroyed. That fire is 95% contained now, but I could see a HUGE fire still burning in Mexico today, and there's still fires further north of here in Ventura and Santa Barbra that are still only 25% contained. Hopefully the weather will give them all a break and we'll get some moisture back into the air, and the winds will calm down so fire crews can get a handle on things. Those guys must be exhausted after a week of fighting fires.

I took this from work this afternoon.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

This is one I don't even have to think about because it would just be reflexive. One of my Manix 2 LW's lives by my phone next to my chair and another lives in the bowl where I toss my wallet, keys, etc. I always grab my phone and knife together. I actually have to put thought into not grabbing whatever knife is sitting by my phone and in fact I usually have to remember to swap them out the night before if I want to carry something different.

In the emergency scenario as opposed to going to work, etc., I'd just have to take a second to grab the S&W Shield that also lives next to my chair, although a little more discreetly.
palonej

Post by palonej »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
palonej wrote:....
Hang in there.
Joe
Thank you Joe. I hope for everyone's safety and well-being too. I was fortunate again, many were not. A lot of horses were killed and a lot of structures were destroyed. That fire is 95% contained now, but I could see a HUGE fire still burning in Mexico today, and there's still fires further north of here in Ventura and Santa Barbra that are still only 25% contained. Hopefully the weather will give them all a break and we'll get some moisture back into the air, and the winds will calm down so fire crews can get a handle on things. Those guys must be exhausted after a week of fighting fires.

I took this from work this afternoon.
WOW!! I cannot imagine what those firefighters are going through fighting that beast!
Joe
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

phaust wrote: Yep SoCal
Prayers sent for your safety.

To answer your question, my spydie would be the one in my pocket, K390 Urban but if I had time (and thought I’d need more than a Hilton Garden Inn stay) I’d grab a couple Busse’s too. Aqua Salt would be great if I owned one. Sadly, not the case.

Ken
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Shaman is a good choice, but since it’s still the new kid on the block I pick a Military.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
brj

Post by brj »

Millie here as well
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I have a bug out bag for that scenario.There is a SE Pac Salt somewhere inside.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'd probably opt for my Back Lock Manix 2 (This is the best all around folder in the line up, in my opinion). The Military would be a secondary choice. My tertiary choice would be a Light Weight Manix 2.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
vernonremington

Post by vernonremington »

Gotta go fixed blade. What for The Repsect to be released then grab that.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

If I had to "Get Out Of Dodge" immediately :eek: I would probably just take the two I'm carrying today>> and those are my M390 Military and my old trusty ATS-55, full SE, Stainless RESCUE model :cool: There is a reason that those two have been my "Go-To" folders in the past few months and unless I can find a plain edge that would put my M390 Millie to shame and a Spyderedged blade that would outperform my Stainless RESCUE I really don't see any reason to change at this present time.

I would probably add my Victorinox Swiss Tool X & Spyderench along with a tool kit of survival essentials I've built up over the past few months. Also a very important tool to take in a situation like that would be a good sharpening tool>> and it would be in the Spyderco line up for sure.
eddiebob

Post by eddiebob »

Have to be a fixed blade for me so it would be a Mule Team.