Re: Spyderco Warranty & Repair / Customer Service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allan0141

Post by Allan0141 »

I have not long received a spyderco pits from knivecentre in USA it came with a blade and handle in such a state that I'm sure it is secondhand been used and abused Torkx pin not flush in the handle very scratched up and an absolutely useless edge after the reviews I've read about the knife I'm pretty disappointed it could leave a factory like that but knivecentre customer service assure me they do not do repairs or secondhand knives so say my blade was done at spyderco factory like this. I refuse to believe this as it looks like it's been hacked at with a file and not a wetstone so now I'm stuck with a rediculous paperweight that I now have to risk losing as I post it through mail and wait weeks for blade to clear uk customs just so I can get a factory edge on my blade it will probably be the last spyderco I buy tbh I shall have to wait and see if it will come back from servicing sharp I've had the knife less than a week it couldn't even cut paper when it was fresh out of the box so dissatisfied with knifecenter.com for selling me what is obviously a repair job as a brand new knife
Allan0141

Post by Allan0141 »

I can only hope the spyderco service is as good as I've heard it is tbh it's not there fault that I received a knife in such a state as I ordered it elsewhere its just annoying having to send a so called brand new knife to them to be fixed so it's fit for purpose having read there reviews I'm sure it will eventually be fixed and to a good standard
Evil D

Spyderco Warranty & Repair / Customer Service - Response from Spyderco

Post by Evil D »

I would have returned it and bought another one from another vendor.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would have made KC make it right and make them cover return shipping with insurance.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TazKristi

Re: Re: Spyderco Warranty & Repair / Customer Service

Post by TazKristi »

Rather than tagging onto a 4-year-old thread, I think it's best that your posts have their own thread, Allan0141. I've split your posts and any after yours to this new thread. I'm sorry for your disappointment Allan0141. If you'd like to send me a private message with your first and last name and when you shipped the PITS to our W&R department I will follow up with them. Have you already sent it?

Welcome to the Spyderco forum. We do hope that you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

They'll take care or u
palonej

Post by palonej »

Wow!
This is not a warranty issue at all. KC should have taken care of you. Sounds simple, but I have found KC is not the easiest dealer when it comes to any issues.
I had a similar experience with them and found their CS extremely lacking.
If you haven’t shipped your knife to Spydie yet, give KC a call and ask for a manager or supervisor. Explain the issue calmly and see what they say. Might be cool to e mail them pics also. Pics posted here couldn’t hurt either.
Good luck!
Joe
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

palonej wrote:Wow!
This is not a warranty issue at all. KC should have taken care of you. Sounds simple, but I have found KC is not the easiest dealer when it comes to any issues.
If you haven’t shipped your knife to Spydie yet, give KC a call and ask for a manager or supervisor. Explain the issue calmly and see what they say. Might be cool to e mail them pics also. Pics posted here couldn’t hurt either.
Good luck!
Joe
Exactly.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

palonej wrote:Wow!
Good luck!
Joe
There's certainly a good chance this is true. I'm sure KC does not intentionally sell second-hand knives but I suspect that, like most retailers, returns may not always get inspected by someone familiar with the product before being put back on the shelf.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I'll just add that my Spyderco purchases with KC have come with issues (unlike, for example, my Knifeworks orders) and I've also found their CS lacking.

Hope you get this sorted out!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

ThePeacent wrote:I'll just add that my Spyderco purchases with KC have come with issues (unlike, for example, my Knifeworks orders) and I've also found their CS lacking.

Hope you get this sorted out!
That’s very good to know, also being an overseas purchaser. I’ve come close to buying through these guys, but certainly won’t now.