Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by abbazaba »

I hope this works out for them too. SMKW holds a special place in my heart because of the MASSIVE catalogs that used to arrive at my parents house when I was a little kid. My friends and I would spend hours looking through the pages. #BeforeTheInternet
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

curlyhairedboy wrote:also, there was a situation where SMKW left off a 1 in front of a 20 dollar price tag...

...they honored it!
Yes, everyone that ordered 1 or 20 of them, let's all collectively give SMKW a swift kick to the frontal area, you know, for THEIR mistake, for having the audacity to keep it listed at the incorrect price for so long. Aren't they "asking for it"? Ummm, no. But I have a better idea. Rather than give in to our primordial urge to not just "have it", but "have it" at a price that is certainly under their cost and which will ultimately cost SMKW money, why don't we be "the better person" and just cancel our preorder knowing that even if SMKW honors it, our windfall will be hurtful to their bottom line? We can order it at the reasonable correct price later.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

on_the_edge wrote:
curlyhairedboy wrote:also, there was a situation where SMKW left off a 1 in front of a 20 dollar price tag...

...they honored it!
Yes, everyone that ordered 1 or 20 of them, let's all collectively give SMKW a swift kick to the frontal area, you know, for THEIR mistake, for having the audacity to keep it listed at the incorrect price for so long. Aren't they "asking for it"? Ummm, no. But I have a better idea. Rather than give in to our primordial urge to not just "have it", but "have it" at a price that is certainly under their cost and which will ultimately cost SMKW money, why don't we be "the better person" and just cancel our preorder knowing that even if SMKW honors it, our windfall will be hurtful to their bottom line? We can order it at the reasonable correct price later.
agreed! my input was more of a data point into what may happen based on what they did in the past.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sorry to be "that guy" here, but if you guys want to keep chatting about this sprint pricing mistake, start a dedicated thread about it. This thread is for active deals.

(That said, I'm pretty stoked about this guy coming in at $78!)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
spy4life

Post by spy4life »

KC doesn’t take pre-orders anymore and it says Caly Jr. is discontinued now. I hope my pre-order get shipped out.
~spy4life~

Collections: GB1, GB2, Dice, Urban-K390, Positron-S35VN, Sliverax, Southard brown&blk, CS Native 5 S90V, KW Military S90V Carbon/Ti
spy4life

Post by spy4life »

Any good deals available for green g10 worker? What is reasonable price for this sprint run? How do you like it if you own one?
~spy4life~

Collections: GB1, GB2, Dice, Urban-K390, Positron-S35VN, Sliverax, Southard brown&blk, CS Native 5 S90V, KW Military S90V Carbon/Ti
SG89

Post by SG89 »

spy4life wrote:Any good deals available for green g10 worker? What is reasonable price for this sprint run? How do you like it if you own one?
beautiful to look at, haven't found it to be practical for my edc uses, sits in a drawer. mine was a gift but I believe it was around $140.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

spy4life wrote:Any good deals available for green g10 worker? What is reasonable price for this sprint run? How do you like it if you own one?
I own one and love carrying it. Not as low ride in the pocket as i prefer and the lockbar is strong, but that precise tip is a splinter getter.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
spy4life

Post by spy4life »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
beautiful to look at, haven't found it to be practical for my edc uses, sits in a drawer. mine was a gift but I believe it was around $140.
Thanks and I’m seeing price ranges from $160-$180 (at BHQ, BB)which seem to be pretty high.
~spy4life~

MCM

Post by MCM »

$156.95 shipped at KW
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
bh49

Post by bh49 »

IIRC originally, which was few years ago, worker sprint was selling for $170+. But it never became hot, so prices dropped.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Not really a "deal" but the Caly 3 sprint hap40 is in stock at gpknives - $128
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Bought a worker sprint a year ago for 120. Forget which dealer.

It's a very well made knife. Fit and finish are great.
spy4life

Post by spy4life »

bouhunter wrote:Bought a worker sprint a year ago for 120. Forget which dealer.

It's a very well made knife. Fit and finish are great.
120 sounds more reasonable.
~spy4life~

MCM

Post by MCM »

With 26 Exclusives and at least 8 Sprint type runs in 2017 alone.
Things will probably not be moving like they used to.
Bought my worker sprint back in 2014. Large run of 1500 as I recall.
Nice knife, Pick one up as I bet they are probably close to being sold out.
And with the length of time it took to sell out, It might be a while until we see another one.
Just a guess.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

MCM wrote:With 26 Exclusives and at least 8 Sprint type runs in 2017 alone.
Things will probably not be moving like they used to.
Will agree with that. Look at all the Millie exclusives still in stock months or in the case of one of them, almost 2 years. Even the 52100 millie sprint is still around.

A quick search found several places with the 2014 vg10/green worker sprint still in stock. One dealer is showing 48 in stock .
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Blade HQ- Alcyone, Roadie and a tactical stocking for $69.99! :)
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... EDC--78225
Think for yourself
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

DLT has the pink Para with a free Tenacious. If you have bonus $ from previous purchases this is a very good deal. These make nice gifts. Thanks DLT.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

Little native compression now in stock at GP Knives. $104
bh49

Post by bh49 »

nice
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian