Orange Delica 4 S30V Wharncliffe - Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Re: Orange Delica 4 S30V Wharncliffe - Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive

Post by ABX2011 »

abbazaba wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:I cannot seem to decide between this and the HAP40 Wharnie that is said to be coming. I know, I know, get both. Ughhh....
By the time the HAP40 happens I'd probably be happy I jumped on this... BUT, hard to get excited about S30v... BUT, from Seki... Ugh is right!
I like the burnt orange color much more than the safety orange.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

dang it. lousy timing for me :/ This is the week I buy other people presents so moneys tight (I do my christmas shopping this week so I can get those black friday deals :D ). I may end up having to wait for the Hap40. Who ever said "More money, more problems." obviously didn't have any bills to pay.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Just got my shipped notice from KC for this one, will be my first Warncliffe D4 so kinda excited to see this one.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

farnorthdan wrote:Just got my shipped notice from KC for this one, will be my first Warncliffe D4 so kinda excited to see this one.
I thought this was a CS exclusive.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Maybe someone can enlighten me here... What is the advantage to this style of blade over a normal knife blade? I have tried sheepsfoot blades before and couldn't stand them for my applications. I know this isn't a sheepsfoot though.. Also, I'd like to know if this takes up more pocket space than a PM2... I'd like to try one of these out, just can't figure out if I would really appreciate it .
Donut

Post by Donut »

I think the idea is that the motion your hand makes while cutting something, if the edge curves like it normally does: chances are that what you're cutting will slide off the blade instead of cutting. A straight edge will keep applying edge to what you're cutting longer.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Cool thanks - I bought one. Getting rid of my Para 3 to justify it. The blade shape is like nothing I have, so I am intrigued :)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Sharp Guy wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Just got my shipped notice from KC for this one, will be my first Warncliffe D4 so kinda excited to see this one.
I thought this was a CS exclusive.
Misfire on my part, meant CS :o
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I cannot seem to decide between this and the HAP40 Wharnie that is said to be coming. I know, I know, get both. Ughhh....
I know... I had to wait for the HAP40 one... pre-order done, now just the wait!
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
rivy

Post by rivy »

daknight wrote:
Where can the HAP40 be pre-ordered?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

rivy wrote:
daknight wrote:
Where can the HAP40 be pre-ordered?
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP11FP ... sprint-run
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

ross8425 wrote:Maybe someone can enlighten me here... What is the advantage to this style of blade over a normal knife blade? I have tried sheepsfoot blades before and couldn't stand them for my applications. I know this isn't a sheepsfoot though.. Also, I'd like to know if this takes up more pocket space than a PM2... I'd like to try one of these out, just can't figure out if I would really appreciate it .
If you have time, Jazz really walk you through why it’s more useful in some applications. Check this long (but fun) thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70607
Chris :spyder:
mn700vforce

Post by mn700vforce »

Anyone got one of these yet? Thinking of getting one wanted to know what people think
rivy

Post by rivy »

mn700vforce wrote:Anyone got one of these yet? Thinking of getting one wanted to know what people think
I got one, love it so far. It's a lot like a delica... but better. ;)

Seriously though, I love a wharnie blade and the upgraded steel and colored handle made it a no-brainer for me.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Do you really want to know what I think? ;) I think you'll really like it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

I sold my para 3 to buy one. No regrets at all. Really cool little knife for sure!
tangent

Post by tangent »

I just ordered mine...plane to swap blade into a yellow salt 2 handle since I prefer that handle. We'll see how it goes.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Ordered. I was waiting for something other than VG-10. I can't believe it happened so quickly. Super excited for this one. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Fred Sanford on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I actually had a dream about this knife last night. :D I woke up this morning and almost ordered it before I went to work. I still have more Xmas gifts to buy so I held off. I have a HAP40 wharnie on pre-order. So not the end of the world if this CS exclusive is gone after the holidays.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
tangent

Post by tangent »

Here is my homemade 'Wharny Salt'...sort or...S30V blade. The objective here was not to have a true 'Salt' but to have a Wharncliffe blade in a linerless handle. I quite like it.
Attachments
IMG_0692.JPG