You're a Spyder freak when...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Al

Post by Al »

....and when your Spydie collection numbers over thirty knives!..then you've got it real bad dood. :o
JD Spydo

Name Game

Post by JD Spydo »

When you give your :spyder: 's a name like it is a pet dog. Or like my Dodos I call Mr. & Mrs. designating plain edge & serrated edge respectively. I call my "Renegade" EARL because he is an old hard working redneck but very reliable. I wonder if Dr. Laura would understand. :o :spyder: :cool:
vass

Post by vass »

all off the above and when you find stuff like this!!goggle louis glesser and go to bandwidthmarket and check out the patent for the comp-lock :spyder:
loki88

Post by loki88 »

**** u have the same one as me!!!!! When u wear a spot under the shower because otherwise u would feel naked. :o
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

When you have an evil smile on your face as this serrated edge gets near that empty pizza box that won't fit in the trash can and you utter "hahaha, you're gonna get yours!"

-Dean
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

When your EDC spends more time opening packages containing new :spyder: s than any other chore.
Rob

Post by Rob »

when the display of your cellphone looks like this...
Attachments
cell.jpg
cell.jpg (32.25 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
Jeff/1911

Post by Jeff/1911 »

Oh man, those are great! And no, none of these seem the least bit odd to me. YIKES!

Jeff/1911.
thom lambert

Post by thom lambert »

When you buy swiss cheese, just because of the holes.

Thom
dialex

Post by dialex »

When you write down something and then you clip your pen IWB (it actually happened to me) :eek:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Rob F wrote:when the display of your cellphone looks like this...
Oooh, I want one on my phone :D .
loki88

Post by loki88 »

When u keep trying to wonder if u can really explain to anyone why u carry 5 spyderco knives at the same time without feeling like a nutcase. I do. I really carry up to 5 spyders at the same time!

another is that u see a real nice knife from a different manufacturer and u don't buy it because u would feel guilty not buying a :spyder: and u just hope :spyder: will someday make a similar one! :D
Hannibal Lecter

I Have Done This Myself

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

loki88 wrote:another is that u see a real nice knife from a different manufacturer and u don't buy it because u would feel guilty not buying a :spyder: and u just hope :spyder: will someday make a similar one! :D
I have stopped bothering to buy any brand other than Spyderco knives. Every time I obtain a knife that is not a Spyderco, I invariably nitpick the poor thing to death, becoming dissatisfied with it and trading it off. If I can't find anything more legitimate to complain about, the lack of a Spydie-hole for opening is the certain death-knell for the retention of any blade in my collection; I tell myself I can't possibly get used to any other opening mechanism, and all other blades just have to go.

Not that this is a problem... :D

Ta,

H
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
loki88

Post by loki88 »

quote "If I can't find anything more legitimate to complain about, the lack of a Spydie-hole for opening is the certain death-knell for the retention of any blade in my collection"

Luckely female's are equiped with spyderhole's hey Hannibal, if u needed one with a tumbstud u would have a HUGE problem! :D (MOD please delete if it is too offensive for the females inhere)

ps i LOVE spyderholes ! :D
fret

Post by fret »

...when you use your Spydie cut your bread, to butter your bread,use it instead of a fork, stir your soup, cut the hamloaf, open your mail, all at one sitting.
Hannibal Lecter

Oh, Carlos...

loki88 wrote:(MOD please delete if it is too offensive for the females in here)
I couldn't agree more; this would be my first choice as the course of action for such a, shall we say, inappropriate post. Carlos, would you care to do the honors?

Nothing personal, Loki; this is just how I am in this respect (respect being the operative word).

My signature on the forum is what it is for a very good reason.

H
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

[quote="Hannibal Lecter"]I have stopped bothering to buy any brand other than Spyderco knives. Every time I obtain a knife that is not a Spyderco, I invariably nitpick the poor thing to death, becoming dissatisfied with it and trading it off. If I can't find anything more legitimate to complain about, the lack of a Spydie-hole for opening is the certain death-knell for the retention of any blade in my collection]

well, what kinds of knives did you buy before? Frost?
Hannibal Lecter

Hardly...

Not Frost. Never frost.

Sometimes SOG. Gerber. Boker. Cold Steel.

Not bad blades. Just not Spyderco. :spyder:

H
---------------------

Blades

Post by Blades »

When, no matter what occasion(birthdays, bridal showers, baby showers, etc...) when someone ask what your idea is for a gift, you say "Spyderco!!"
:spyder:

Blades
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

I re-read all the posts on this thread. It's really priceless....man, we're pitiful :D

-Dean