Kitchen knife set anyone?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mic1

Kitchen knife set anyone?

Post by Mic1 »

I for one would like to see a few more kitchen knives from Spyderco. Maybe a Polypropylene handle butchering knife bring back the boning knife and larger chef knife. Steak knives would be cool. Or a Spyderco set with ceramic sharpening rod and wood block with the logo on it . That would be cool I would love that in my kitchen. Black block with red Spyderco bug :spyder: :)

I really love my kitchen knives there comfortable, work well, easy to sharpen, they take a good edge and they dont cost all that much.
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: Kitchen knife set anyone?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I agree with you on this Mic. I want to see a Spyderco kitchen knife with the same basic steel and handle formula, and also a butcher with standard butcher blade.
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

:) Well at least somebody does!
Haggenator

Post by Haggenator »

I would like to see a set of there VG-10 cooks and chefs knives. Especially a set of steak knives. Has anyone tried the VG-10 cook or chefs?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yes, I have had the Cooks since it was first released. Beautiful knife, and a pleasure to use. I'm looking forward to the larger Chef's.

I don't usually think to take many photos of it, even though it does have great lines, but here's one from when I first got it.
Going back to Caly.
npad69

Post by npad69 »

i'd like to see a bigger cook's knife, gyuto and an improved santoku with ridges to keep potatoes from sticking. if they can grind VG-10 as thin as the MBS-26 im in for it. i'd also like to see kitchen knives in sprint run metals such as laminated hap40s.

other kitchen tools (although farfetched) i'd like to see spyderco do are peelers (with premium steels) and spyderco kitchen knife-friendly chopping board and knife rack.

a spyderco 4-sided wooden strop with some compounds would be nice
Mic1

Post by Mic1 »

SpeedHoles wrote:Yes, I have had the Cooks since it was first released. Beautiful knife, and a pleasure to use. I'm looking forward to the larger Chef's.

I don't usually think to take many photos of it, even though it does have great lines, but here's one from when I first got it.
Do you have the other knives and if so how does it compare to the polymer handle 6"
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Mic1 wrote:
SpeedHoles wrote:Yes, I have had the Cooks since it was first released. Beautiful knife, and a pleasure to use. I'm looking forward to the larger Chef's.

Do you have the other knives and if so how does it compare to the polymer handle 6"

Sorry, only one I have.
Going back to Caly.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The Cook's Knife is my favourite kitchen tool, and the new Chef's Knife is definitely on my shortlist for 2017 (just below the s110v UKPK).

IIRC the intention is to gradually create a top end "set" of kitchen knives - and Spyderco are doing a fine job so far!
atv223

Post by atv223 »

I've been thinking about upgrading from Wusthof Classics with a Japanese set, something with VG-10 or similar. I would love to have a full set of Spyderco Knives in a cool wood block with a big bug on the side. Heck, I'd make my own block if Spyderco had a full set. My wife isn't going to want me to replace knives on a mix and match basis, it'll need to be a full set.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

I've had Shun classics for 10 years, and would love Spyderco to actually execute kitchen knives properly.

Would be great to have full sets of matching knives in nice wooden blocks with burned-in Spyderco logos in kitchens around the world. The wife acceptance factor is a big thing here, which for me means that they have to look nice and match--not one handle for the Santoku, a different handle and material or color for a paring, etc. Handles like their Cook's knife would be great, across a whole line.

Higher performance steel (not VG10) would be great, and would actually get guys like me (who owns probably 40-50 Spydercos) to pull the trigger on a set even though my Shuns are still great. I could geek out about the fact that the knives are made out of a cool steel, and my wife would think they look nice enough.

This seems so simple to me, but maybe I'm missing something.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I'd like an oval ceramic sharpening rod. I have most of the kitchen knives from the first release so a set isn't on my radar
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

I've been asking for more kitchen knives for years. A lot of potential here I would think.
Molle Ninja

What steel would you guys want in a set?

Post by Molle Ninja »

LC200N?
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Still looking forward to the release of the Chefs!
Going back to Caly.
sal

Post by sal »

ChrisinHove wrote:The Cook's Knife is my favourite kitchen tool, and the new Chef's Knife is definitely on my shortlist for 2017 (just below the s110v UKPK).

IIRC the intention is to gradually create a top end "set" of kitchen knives - and Spyderco are doing a fine job so far!
The new Chef's knife is now coming in. The maker is fairly new in Seki and has had some theething problems and some family health issues. We Should be shipping this second design next month.

We do have an additional set in-the-works fro a well known and very skilled designer. Planning several variations in materials.

LC is being considered for a kitchen set.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

NoFair wrote:I'd like an oval ceramic sharpening rod. I have most of the kitchen knives from the first release so a set isn't on my radar
Hi Sverre,

We have two "V" sets coming out in the next year. (one home and one commercial) There is a gentleman in Sweden making single rods with handles from our CAT's eye ceramic stones that we'll be using in our sets. His name is Ake Lyden.

sal
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

Excellent news Sal! Don't forget a Spydie block to store them in as well.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

This is good news.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
npad69

Post by npad69 »

sal wrote: The new Chef's knife is now coming in. The maker is fairly new in Seki and has had some theething problems and some family health issues. We Should be shipping this second design next month.

We do have an additional set in-the-works fro a well known and very skilled designer. Planning several variations in materials.

LC is being considered for a kitchen set.

sal
now this is the news i've been wanting to hear for some time!