Well worn/used knives; show yours!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
mad german

Well worn/used knives; show yours!

Post by mad german »

Hey all,

I saw a post on the Benchmade Facebook page of a guy's Adamas that looked like it had been out through the wringer. Lots of wear on that blade. Not just a few scratches, but lots of wear on the coating that you could tell took years to accumulate. The guy said he has been using it every single day for the last several years.

That got me thinking. I use my knife (at least the one I'm carrying that day) mostly every day. However, most of my use is probably going to be laughed at: opening the mail, cutting open a small package, cutting a stray thread in a shirt, etc. I wonder how many guys actually use their knives in a "hard use" manner. I definitely respect the guys who put their knives through their paces on a daily basis. I don't mean the guys who intentionally abuse their knifes (stabbing open soup cans when the can opener is in the drawer, for example, haha!). As a mechanical engineer, if I designed a really nice knife that was very popular, like the Paramilitary 2 for example, I'd love to see pics of well used blades. It would make me feel good knowing guys are buying the blades to use as tools, not just play with.

So let's see your well worn, used blades. Ironically I don't have any that are worn. Envelopes don't tend to leave wear marks, haha. The worst example I have is sn old Buck 503 with a few teeth marks from one of my dogs when he was a pup, haha.

Looking forward to the pics!

Thanks guys,
MG
My collection is ever changing!
vivi

Re: Well worn/used knives; show yours!

Post by vivi »

D2 Military with 5 years of carry

Pacific Salt, I believe its from one of the first runs. Has the old style jimping and clip, pinned construction. About a decade of use on this one. Probably takes the best edge of any knife in my collection.

My first Military, an old 440V single liner model

vivi

Post by vivi »

Here's a Police 3 I bought back when they came out. 2007 was it? Planning on retiring it once I have a Police 4 in my pocket. This knife has been through so much with me.

Got this Tasman Salt around the same time. It was my first knife with H1....now I own several.

Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Old Police here :)

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

vivi

Post by vivi »

Did you dye that Tasman Salt? I've never seen them in that color.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Knife at work ...

Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
vivi

Post by vivi »

Well loved Police 3. You can see a slight J shape near the ricasso from all the sharpenings over the years.

:unicorn