Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Jazz

Re: Show your mods!

Post by Jazz »

Vivi wrote: Image

Wow, definitely kiridashi. Does it still fit the sheath?
- best wishes, Jazz.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Jazz wrote:
Vivi wrote: Image

Wow, definitely kiridashi. Does it still fit the sheath?
Yep. The sheath retention doesn't really depend on the blade forward of the finger choil. Still works just the same. Love how pointy it is now!
:unicorn
vivi

Post by vivi »

This was my dream EDC at the time. This was back before the Para 2 had been announced, and I carried smaller knives. Tip up wire clip Paramilitary.

Image[/quote]
vivi

Post by vivi »

and a tip up BG42/CF Military

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Vivi wrote:and a tip up BG42/CF Military

Hey Vivi, how did you secure the screws under the millie clip? I've been pondering different ways to do it.

I also like the wire clip on the Paramilitary. Is that some kind or barrel nut with a flange made onto it under the wire clip?
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
utor

Post by utor »

g-10 instead of uglyfrn. clipless. user. dirty. :D
Last edited by utor on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pictures from the outdoors | www.utour.de
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Very nice, utor. What's the clear looking yellow in the handle?
- best wishes, Jazz.
utor

Post by utor »

thanks jazz! its a piece of plexiglas rod to fix the lock-bar in the handle. the original scales have two molded stands on the inside, which are too difficult to reproduce in the flat slabs of g-10 that i had available. i also like the individual detail it adds to the plain black scales. polished g-10 is very nice material - would like spyderco to use in more in their regular production...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Here's my contribution for today. I think they both look great.

- best wishes, Jazz.
PiterM

Post by PiterM »

Mandalorian's Para3

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

- best wishes, Jazz.
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

Jazz you seem to be a prolific modder. I can appreciate making things work better for you. I picked up a Positron recently and due to problems getting to the lock I took a dremel to the scale and opened it up a little. It’s much easier to depress the lock now, even though it doesn’t look dramatic.
Attachments
Positron Scale Mod
Positron Scale Mod
:spyder:
Robert
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

The glossy scales on my Chaparral were getting fine scratches, so I sanded them with 2000 grit sandpaper. The scales are more of a satin feel now and scratches don’t show up as much. Touch-ups are easy. Also, I colored the outside of the liners black which makes the colors of the raffir noble stand out more. I wasn’t sure if I’d like the black under the scales so I experimented by using a black sharpie to fill them in. I like the look So need to figure out a permanent way to color them. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Chap Mod
Chap Mod
15E0F826-08BD-4B3B-86C3-12F5C8689AA4.jpeg (61.3 KiB) Viewed 3942 times
Robert
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

My Breeden Rescue, worked over by DigDug! Great work, friend!
Feels fairly similar to the Shaman.

Going back to Caly.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Rhix, yes, I like to make it "suitable for me". Your Positron mod is exactly what I'd do. Nice job. Also like the Chap.

Speedholes, that Breeden actually looks useful now. Very cool.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I wasn't happy with the titanium one, so I had to buy a purple Delica. More switcherooing, and I'm happy with all three:

The black really suits the Damascus, the ti looks great with a spanking new shiny VG10 blade, and my favourite, the wharnie, is in a very pleasing, friendly EDC color.
- best wishes, Jazz.
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

Rhix

Post by Rhix »

Thank you Jazz. I like your purple Delica and the black with the Damascus looks like it was made for it. I’ve really been wanting a wharnie Delica. I’m a hands on type and discovered a long time ago to not be afraid to work on things. It blows my friends’ minds when I get a really nice guitar and immediately start working on it to suit me. That’s actually how I got the idea for the satin finish on the Chap. I prefer satin guitar necks over glossy and I’ve done the satin mod on guitars before.
Robert
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Rhix wrote:Thank you Jazz. I like your purple Delica and the black with the Damascus looks like it was made for it. I’ve really been wanting a wharnie Delica. I’m a hands on type and discovered a long time ago to not be afraid to work on things. It blows my friends’ minds when I get a really nice guitar and immediately start working on it to suit me. That’s actually how I got the idea for the satin finish on the Chap. I prefer satin guitar necks over glossy and I’ve done the satin mod on guitars before.
I play guitar too, and they do feel better. Mine's a B.C. Rich from 1990. 80's metal head here. What about you?
- best wishes, Jazz.
Rhix

Post by Rhix »

Jazz wrote:
Rhix wrote:Thank you Jazz. I like your purple Delica and the black with the Damascus looks like it was made for it. I’ve really been wanting a wharnie Delica. I’m a hands on type and discovered a long time ago to not be afraid to work on things. It blows my friends’ minds when I get a really nice guitar and immediately start working on it to suit me. That’s actually how I got the idea for the satin finish on the Chap. I prefer satin guitar necks over glossy and I’ve done the satin mod on guitars before.
I play guitar too, and they do feel better. Mine's a B.C. Rich from 1990. 80's metal head here. What about you?
Those old BC RICH guitars are awesome. The 2 I play most are a couple of PRS, a custom 24 and a McCarty. Played a Les Paul for a long time but my old broke down back can’t do that anymore. I grew up playing Zeppelin, Hendrix, Sabbath etc. AC/DC and Ozzy were the first 2 concerts I went to, so yeah I’m with you. I saw an old GnR video recently and slash was playing a red BC Rich instead of his ubiquitous Les Paul. Lita Ford was a big BC Rich player too wasn’t she?
Robert