Para 3 Cruwear in stock..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Para 3 Cruwear in stock..

Post by Sharp Guy »

foofie wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote: Does Suingab provide the extra standoff or will I need to source that myself?
If you delete the lanyard hole, he provides the standoff and screws (torx 6). Really quick and easy deliver, great guy to work with.
Thanks again. I sent him a message last night and he responded a few minutes later. He said the standoff and screws are an extra $5. I think the price for the scales is very reasonable considering it includes shipping to the US. I got a quote for a set of P3 OD micarta scales from another vendor in Europe and it was quite a bit more.

Gonna think on this one some more.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
vilePossum wrote:Is there any update on whether this sprint run has been fully delivered? Tried to get one from 2 sources, but both oversold and I was unlucky.
Bento Box has one for 210 if you just have to have one. Personally for that much I'd wait for the MAXAMET.
Thanks for the heads up, but yes, you are right, in that case I would rather wait for the maxamet one.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Received notification today from KnifeCenter that there are no more of these coming from Spyderco. Glad I got mine elsewhere.
hovan2yourknives

Post by hovan2yourknives »

What a bummer!! Got my hands on one but really wanted a backup because I like it so much.

Here’s the email:

Here at KnifeCenter, we always strive to keep our customers aware of the latest developments on their outstanding pre-orders. We have recently been notified by Spyderco that the C223GPGYCW Para 3 CRU-WEAR knife has officially sold out and is no longer available. We regret to inform you that Spyderco will not be able to fill our remaining C223GPGYCW orders. Please understand that we here at KnifeCenter are always working to keep our customers coming back again and again, but are sometimes at the mercy of the manufacturers. In this instance, Spyderco, was unable to deliver the C223GPGYCW in the quantities we had hoped for. Your order for this item has been canceled and your credit card was never charged.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We appreciate and value your patronage, and will continue to provide the best customer service experience possible.

Sincerely,

KnifeCenter Customer Service
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

hovan2yourknives wrote:What a bummer!! Got my hands on one but really wanted a backup because I like it so much.

Here’s the email:

Here at KnifeCenter, we always strive to keep our customers aware of the latest developments on their outstanding pre-orders. We have recently been notified by Spyderco that the C223GPGYCW Para 3 CRU-WEAR knife has officially sold out and is no longer available. We regret to inform you that Spyderco will not be able to fill our remaining C223GPGYCW orders. Please understand that we here at KnifeCenter are always working to keep our customers coming back again and again, but are sometimes at the mercy of the manufacturers. In this instance, Spyderco, was unable to deliver the C223GPGYCW in the quantities we had hoped for. Your order for this item has been canceled and your credit card was never charged.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We appreciate and value your patronage, and will continue to provide the best customer service experience possible.

Sincerely,

KnifeCenter Customer Service
So much for them saying they always fill all the pre-orders they take.
I officially gave up and cancelled both my Para3 and Caly pre-orders last week, I didn't see it happening at this point
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

foofie wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote: Does Suingab provide the extra standoff or will I need to source that myself?
If you delete the lanyard hole, he provides the standoff and screws (torx 6). Really quick and easy deliver, great guy to work with.
Wonder if he can add wire clip provisions for that 3rd screw... Hmm
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

abbazaba wrote:
foofie wrote:
Now that would be something, I've been hoping someone would do a wire clip mod scale.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

abbazaba wrote:
foofie wrote:
Now there's an idea!
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

They canceled mine too. Didn't expect to get it fulfilled but it was worth a shot. :(
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

If your willing to pay the $84 "Late Fee" BBS still has them.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I’m a little disappointed with KC right now. I was hoping for it to be my first para 3. Oh well.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
sustratiotes

Post by sustratiotes »

Also disappointed to get a cancelation email from KC today on the Para 3 Cru Wear. I'll remember and consider other options in the future.

I've just recently discovered Spyderco. Any recommendations from others with more experience looking for future Paramilitary 2 and Para 3 sprints?
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

sustratiotes wrote:Also disappointed to get a cancelation email from KC today on the Para 3 Cru Wear. I'll remember and consider other options in the future.

I've just recently discovered Spyderco. Any recommendations from others with more experience looking for future Paramilitary 2 and Para 3 sprints?
Maxamet is coming. Maybe before the end of the year. Pricy but awesome and a regular production piece. There is also a s90v coming too in the para 3. Keep checking on the forum and you will hear about them.
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

Slumblor wrote:
hovan2yourknives wrote:cancelled...Caly pre-orders last week, I didn't see it happening at this point
National Knives still has the Caly 3 Hap for a not totally pain causing 155...but probably not for long.
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

I too got a cancelation email from KC for my pre order Para 3 Cru Wear. Disappointing. I called several times through the last few weeks and was assured that they would fulfill their pre orders. Just recently started doing business with them. I am not too happy with them right now.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Sushimoto wrote:I too got a cancelation email from KC for my pre order Para 3 Cru Wear. Disappointing. I called several times through the last few weeks and was assured that they would fulfill their pre orders. Just recently started doing business with them. I am not too happy with them right now.
That's what they do ....I learned my lesson long time ago :(
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I've never had any luck with preorders.
I've had the best luck here on the forum. That's my advice, instead of preordering, check the forum in the mornings, usually any sprint releases, deals, or anything else of interest will be posted. Early bird gets the spyder :spyder:
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:I've never had any luck with preorders.
I've had the best luck here on the forum. That's my advice, instead of preordering, check the forum in the mornings, usually any sprint releases, deals, or anything else of interest will be posted. Early bird gets the spyder :spyder:
I've actually had great luck with several pre-orders but I've always signed up fairly early. If it was more than a few days after the pre-order started then I wouldn't bother. As you suggest, watching the forums for word that the knife in question has started to drop and then checking your favorite dealer works well.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I've also had fairly good luck with pre orders, like SG suggested, get in early, I use a blended approach, put the pre orders in but also seek releases at other vendors as they occur, then cancel pre order if I'm satisfied.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
tookej

Post by tookej »

Knife Center got me as well. Disappointed with them for sure. I stuck with them on this one and Calay 3 Hap 40 thinking they knew what they were doing. Apparently not. They have been slow in the past but decent service. I won't do a preorder with them again but maybe a regular production run when I get over it.