What would you like Spyderco to make next?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DOD-Gixxer

Post by DOD-Gixxer »

G10 Delica w/BB lock and a moveable (or reversible) clip, in different colors. :cool: :spyder: :cool:
Easyrider

Post by Easyrider »

I would like to see an updated Navigator. Something built as stout as the Spyderco Mouse was but on an improved Navigator pattern.
Shiden

Post by Shiden »

A small Spydie (like Kopa, Dragonfly or Cricket) with anodized titanium handles.

Shiden
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

i would love a civi with a rescue style handle instead of an endura style handle
i love my delica (same handle shape just smaller) but to me the rescue handle is just more comfortable and seems to stick in my hand better

or a kerambit style handle with the civi blade - i have a feeling it would look even nastier than the normal civilian

just my $.02

anyway - im currently saving to get a yojimbo or a ronin
klattman

Post by klattman »

spyderknut wrote:Klattman,
Just put your hands if you can on a UK penknife. It is soooo much better than the Pride. You will be pleasantly surprised. I'm not saying that :spyder: should make a slipjoint version of each of its knives. Probably max 5 or 10 of the small to medium sized knives (Kiwi, Dodo, Salsa II come to mind) but with similar locking versions for those of us for whom it is legal. I bet they would be able to expand their market and give US collectors some interesting pieces to go after. I'd bet some of these would be really popular in the US market too. I mean, who else makes a high quality one-hand opening slip-joint. Very few out there.
To answer the question I am looking forward to the Kopa. Don't know that it is next. I also hope the C100 will be something special (like 25th Anniversary Delica or Worker Evolution special).
Well for collectors, sure, anything goes. But in a user, I'd prefer a lock, as I would imagine all who can legally own one would. In the future (near?) we may be forced to go that route in the US, but until then...

One or two slippie designs would be good. There are plenty of good two-handed slippies out there that would be tough to beat. But I would prefer an updated CalyJr. or a Kiwi drop point with G10 and s30V to compete with slippies. One hand and the lock is really what makes it better.

I think I'm rambling...

I carried a stockman for the longest time before getting stuck (permanently?) on the Caly Jr.

That brings me to another question (sorry) Does :spyder: sell more to users or collectors? I would imagine collectors, since users buy only a few and they last forever. Also, this board is full of collectors, so my preception may be biased.
vass

Post by vass »

endura and delica in g-10 with compression lock :) that´s my two cents
wotanson

Imho

Post by wotanson »

I would like to see more ergonomic FRN handles like the Native III translated to the Endura and Delica, something more hand filling. Thumb notching behind the hump ala Rescue Jr. A metal non wire clip, and most importantly, an adjustable pivot. I think the above additions would add longevity to those models and not increase the price too much. I like the Endura and Delica as they are, but if asked my opinion...well there ya go ;)
HOW BOUT THEM RED SOX!!
ODIN, GUIDE MY SWORD TO ETERNAL VICTORY!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Spidernoir wrote:A slighter larger Cricket, say 2.25 inch blade in carbon fiber. ****, I'd be happy if Spyderco would offer the current Cricket with carbon fiber scales. ~jeff
Jeff, CF Crickets show up on eBay pretty regularly. They tend to be a tad pricey, but not really hard to come by.

As for what I'd like to see next...

after the Kopa, Atlantic Salt, SzaboFly, and Nav II are released...

after the SD crowd get their Pikal and Em-dura...

once the Bison, Dialex's, and Daywalker's designs have made it out of the prototype phase and into production...

Then perhaps, the world will be ready for the C67-2. Solid, flat ground, S30V blade with a 14mm :spyder: hole and "Jester like" texturing on the thumb ramp and choil. Dual steel liners in a truss pattern that evokes the original "R". Screw mounted, replaceable G10 scales, with extras available, perhaps in colors, so that owners can experiment with texture, color and, for the strong of heart and steady of hand, even try matching the cutouts in the liners.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
stonefrog

Post by stonefrog »

I wouldnt mind a folding throwing knife. That would be a bit of fun. Alway love doing a upwards spyder drop to above my shoulder with my chinese folder but know that if I ever throw it Ill probly end up really really sad. Anyways it would be pretty cool to have a folder that was built and balancd for throwing.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Re do the Ti Herbst
sod

Post by sod »

Dialex, has had some really good designs. Some, that I would have prefered to some of the wilder new creations from :spyder: man.
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

a flipper of Johnny Liao design.
alanforbes

Post by alanforbes »

A frame lock Lum Chinese w purple anodized titanium handle, S30V blade.

I would accept just about any color but black, IE the previous green, blue.
sod

I found it!!!

Post by sod »

Courtesy of Dialex!!!
Attachments
Blade15.jpg
Blade15.jpg (64.81 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

Gentlebug. If thats the intended size I'd be game for one.

~jeff
Blades

Post by Blades »

alanforbes wrote:A frame lock Lum Chinese w purple anodized titanium handle, S30V blade.
Now that one sounds good to me. Make it the large version, and we would have a winner!! :)

Blades
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Mmmm. well Spyderco have been making abit of everything nowdays, even a beutiful looking balisong.
The knife Im still in the market for but am still unsure about (manufacturer wise) is a good big ol Bowie.
Aint them Bowie's just awsome looking blades?, probably one more reason why I love my Chinook so much.

Cheers

MaNcEr
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
bell

Navigator

Post by bell »

Navigator in linerless G-10, S30V, lockback with Meerkat clip.
Rob

Post by Rob »

sod wrote:I found it!!!
I'll second that! I would buy one in a heartbeat. In my opinion this design is the logical evolution onward from the Jester.

Where do I have to send money :D

Cheers, Rob
dialex

Post by dialex »

bell wrote:Navigator in linerless G-10, S30V, lockback.
With full flat grind, black DLC blade and wire clip. Like this one, maybe? ;)
Attachments
C41.jpg
C41.jpg (30.46 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.