Looking forward to my first Byrds and Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Etna

Looking forward to my first Byrds and Spydercos

Post by Etna »

Just placed an order for three FRN Meadowlark 2, two Efficients and a black Robin 2 with my local reseller. Looking forward to trying them out once they arrive.

By the way, it seems that the Meadowlark is the only Byrd knife to have FRN handles and a mid spine lockback in the 2.75" - 3" blade length category? Would be nice if there were a little more offerings besides the Meadowlark. I know I would love to have the Efficient with FRN handles, the Byrd comet hole and the mid spine lockback... :D
sal

Re: Looking forward to my first Byrds and Spydercos

Post by sal »

Hi Etna,

Welcome to our forum. Share your thoughts after using them. Meadowlark is it in that size range at this time.

sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum Etna. I have some Spyderco Byrd Cara Cara knives and also the Byrd Rescue, the full sized one. And also a Byrd Hawbill. Beautifully made, inexpensive, and seriously durable tools.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

hi Etna, I follow your posts in Bladeforums with much interest, as I like your view and tastes on inexpensive knives and budget folders-
I absolutely love my Byrds and have found them to be among the best knives in their price range, from anywhere in the world.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine, and update us with your impressions!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin