Can I purchase new screws and back spacers from Spyderco.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wade7575

Can I purchase new screws and back spacers from Spyderco.

Post by wade7575 »

I work in a wood shop and get saw dust everywhere in pocket's wallet and also in my Paramilitary 2 and every so often I like to tear it right down and clean my knife as the saw dust get's every where because we have are own re-saw and the saw dust that comes off of it is just like sand when we do pine and that is the wood we use the most.

I have not stripped any part's yet as I don't really tighten the screws down very much but sooner or later they are going to strip,I'm just wanting to know if I get order from Spyderco a complete screw kit and back spacer kit that way I can have them on hand.

I have been wanting to just call Spyderco and ask them but I keep getting home to late from work.
Sharp Guy

Re: Can I purchase new screws and back spacers from Spyderco.

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spyderco doesn't sell parts. Not sure why you think you'll strip a screw but if you call or send them an email and ask they might send you some. Not sure they'd send you a whole set of screws though. The PM2 doesn't use a backspacer so you'll need to source an aftermarket one from somewhere else.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
wade7575

Post by wade7575 »

What meant by back spacers I meant the parts that the screws go into.
vivi

Post by vivi »

they offered a parts kit for enduras and delicas which is similar to what you're after for the PM2, but I'm pretty sure they stopped selling those. As far as I know there isn't a way to get extra parts aside from asking to purchase some directly from Spyderco, which may or may not be possible. Can't hurt to email their warranty and repair department and ask, they're very nice people.
:unicorn
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Contacting Spyderco Warranty & Repair Department would be the way to find out for sure, but I can understand the time issue with a phone call, which would be the best way to contact them if you could. An email fully explaining the reasons for wanting the parts will get a reply, but please be patient waiting for an answer because the crew in W. & R. are kept busy with phone calls and business during the work day.

As Vivi stated, they are very nice people and will help you if they can.

Dave
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

General answer would be that the only parts Spyderco sells are clips. They are generally willing to send out a replacement screw or two, gratis, if you explain that you lost or damaged them, but they do not sell "kits" with full sets the screws and stand-offs.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well, I will say apparently you need to be extra EXTRA explicit when sending things in for repair. I recently mailed them my Manix 2 that has stripped holes in the back spacer. The knife was apart, I circled the stripped holes with a marker and wrote "stripped" literally on the side of the back spacer, and left a note stating that I wanted the back spacer replaced. All they did was jam screws into the same back spacer and mail it back to me. I'm completely lost as to what I paid $25 for, since I clearly could have done that myself.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Spyderco is the one you should be asking. Give them a call.

FWIW I've had good luck getting everything I needed from them.