Spyderco Natural G-10 Manix 2 M4 Blade HQ Exclusives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Re: Spyderco Natural G-10 Manix 2 M4 Blade HQ Exclusives

Post by vivi »

Crap. When I saw this post on my phone I thought they were XL's, but now that I'm on my desktop taking time to look at the info more carefully I see they're clearly the mini-manix.

Maybe someday. Seems like aside from the Millie the big knives get no love when it comes to sprints.
:unicorn
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

animportant wrote:Website says skeletonized. What a great price!!!

The BHQ website description for the Black DLC version does indeed mention Skeletonized Liners, and the description for the Satin version, which was the one I was looking at, does not mention liners at all, so I thought possibly full liners based upon the listed weight of 5 oz.
But I would guess if one version has skeletonized liners then both would be configured the same.

Either way it is a fine way for me to experience the M4 steel in a favorite knife, and indeed at a great price. Lots to like there. :)

Dave
Last edited by El Gato on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
palonej

Post by palonej »

Just pre ordered that gorgeous DLC version......I figured 6 assorted Manix 2s had me covered.....I guess not!!
I'm carrying the s90v Cutlery Shoppe exclusive along with the Cruwear version! Guess I just can't get enough of this model!!
Joe
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

How did you preorder?

I'm guessing these will both have skeletonized liners and both are a hair over 4 ounces. Just a guess.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I wonder if this means they might do a DLC natural G10 Para 2 now?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

WireEdge Roger wrote:How did you preorder?
There is no pre-order that I can see. Only the option to receive an email when they go up for sale.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I wonder if this means they might do a DLC natural G10 Para 2 now?
I was already tempted to get the M4 / natural Military, and have a DLC S30V Military on my "someday" list. If they did a DLC M4 run of them I'd be sold immediately.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Are you kidding me?! :spyder: is blowing up!

DLC, Golden, M4 (don't have yet)! Wish it was a backlock flavor. Or better yet, like LC said, PM2.

Regardless, I may not be able to resist.
Peter
vivi

Post by vivi »

anycal wrote:Are you kidding me?! :spyder: is blowing up!

DLC, Golden, M4 (don't have yet)! Wish it was a backlock flavor. Or better yet, like LC said, PM2.

Regardless, I may not be able to resist.
I feel like their variety of offerings is through the roof these days. It's something I really appreciate from them as a company.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Seems like this was discussed or theorized somewhere...will DLC coating inhibit or prevent corrosion, or (c) none of the above?
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I wonder if this means they might do a DLC natural G10 Para 2 now?
:eek:

Love this DLC M4 option out of no where!
vivi

Post by vivi »

mb1 wrote:Seems like this was discussed or theorized somewhere...will DLC coating inhibit or prevent corrosion, or (c) none of the above?
It's a clearly observable fact that it makes a drastic difference. My Para 2 is a testament to that. I've done things with that knife that would spot plain S30V within 24 hours, and the blade is rust free 5 years later. Liners, stop pin etc. are a different story ;)

Same story with my DLC Manix 2 XL. I carry it IWB in the summer in the coastal southeast. If I do that with my uncoated Police 3 I get rust spots within a day. I love that they coated the Manix XL's liners too. It's one of the only folding knives I can carry in the summer without babying it that isn't made out of H1.
palonej

Post by palonej »

WireEdge Roger wrote:How did you preorder?

I'm guessing these will both have skeletonized liners and both are a hair over 4 ounces. Just a guess.
There is an option to be notified when in stock.
Attachments
IMG_3080.PNG
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

Omg!
That is awesome. Especially since I missed the previous m4/manix release/sprint.
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

What flavor will be everyone be getting? Looks like the DLC version is getting more hype on his thread. Mainly because this is Spyderco’s first DLC M4 blade? I prefer the satin blade. It will acquire a “natural” patina that goes along with the “natural” G10. Not to mention I hope it is see though.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

I will opt for the Satin version also, for the same reasons. Living in a relatively dry environment I do not have a need for the DLC coating and in fact don't mind a bit of natural patina on my blades. I also feel the Natural G-10 scales are going to be very attractive.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I'm leaning toward the DLC version, but I hope the black skeletonized liners don't take away from the translucent scales too much.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Tabo wrote:What flavor will be everyone be getting? Looks like the DLC version is getting more hype on his thread. Mainly because this is Spyderco’s first DLC M4 blade?
I'd buy two DLC versions if they were Manix sized, or "XL" as they say in 2017. As it stands I'll pass. I have man hands and am a dick about it. *shrug* To me this is still the mini manix. PM me when the regular version gets a sprint, I'll buy it.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Must have
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I like BHQ, I've ordered many knives from them, but their email notification system for in stock items is way too slow if you're really excited to get something ASAP. I just got notified yesterday that the Sliverax was in stock, a good week after I had already bought from the competition.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David