Please No...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jezabel

Please No...

Post by jezabel »

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I need a sympathetic ear.
It seems that I might have lost my long time EDC, my faithful Ti M4 Millie.
The last time I felt like this bad was when my dog died.
I've turned the house upside down twice, been through the cars, the jeans, the bags, the sunglass cases and the normal hiding spots.
Tomorrow I'll be going through work with a fine tooth comb.
Now I'm three glasses into a bottle of Jamiesons...

Lets hope for the best.

J
MIL502.jpg
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
ZrowsN1s

Re: Please No...

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Noooooooo! :eek:

That's a tough one to lose. I hope it comes out of hiding.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

What!?!
No. Can't be. It will turn up.
Whoever find it will not appreciate it if it is truely gone.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

M4 Ti Military! Is a tough one to misplace... Hope you find it soon!

I "lost" my favourite EDC flashlight about 2 weeks ago, and turned the house upside down for over a week. Eventually I gave up and started seaching the net for an exact replacement. I showed a picture of it to my wife. My 8 year old daughter happen to see the picture and immediately said, hold on daddy I think I saw it in my room. She found it deep inside one of her shoes the previous day! I have no idea how it got there, I was just glad it turned up.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Jumpin'Spyder

Post by Jumpin'Spyder »

I understand your feeling precisely, sorry :( but something could happen:

Many years ago I've lost my very first Spyderco (a Cricket Aluminum scale) at a friend's house. It'was a party and we had to cut chestnuts for cooking onto the flame; a great opportunity to take my Cricket from my pocket and start processing the fruits, the point of Cricket was awsome for the purpose. then I leaved my knife on the table and the time passed. At the end of the evening I was looking for the knife, but nothing, it seemed vanished in the air :eek:
The friends of mine tell me that they would have searched everywhere because understood my loss. Next days nothing come out, luckily at that time I could find another Cricket, same model (at that time Spyderco hadn't so much models out :rolleyes: ) in a brick and mortar shop here in Italy.

Time passed, many months I mean...and another evening at friend's house, when arrived there, my friend said: guess??? and showed me my old Cricket :eek:
Where was it?? Under a big refrigerator. Bear in mind that the party was on the rooftop terrace and the refrigerator one floor down, with a stair of more then 30 steps away :confused:

Only solution to the case was that the cat (a big player of all the things he can find...) took it and playing with it brought downstairs and pushed under the refrigerator :mad:
I was so happy to find it you cannot imagine :D BTW I already had a Cricket (and so today, same one) that I gifted it to my friend, who had it now too :D :D :D from one Spydie user to two :spyder: :spyder:

So never give up, wait some time to settle down things and then start a Sherlock Holmes thinking and searching: knife could be EVERYWHERE in the house and most of the time it appears unexpectedly :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Bummer, always no fun losing a respected knife.....Just a few thoughts:

Did you consider that you dropped the knife and kicked it somewhere under a cupboard? Did you check the garbage before it is gone forever? Did you check in the chairs of your car and in seats and sofa's in the house? In shoes and boots?

Good luck, I hope you find it...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Have you tried the washing machine? I've found one or two there after I forgot them in the pocket.
Donut

Post by Donut »

My condolences! I guess the only good news for you is that the S110V Military is standard production. Maybe you can find a Jade M4 Military on the secondary market.

Chances are that once you get a knife to replace it, you will find it. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Blade HQ still has them if you need a replacement
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

One place is under the car seat where the seatbelt attaches to the floor. You cannot easily see down there so you may have to feel around as you also look really carefully. Hope you find it.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man that is a big loss.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Sorry to hear that. I lost my S110V Native LW last year. Just bought the CS S90V orange native to finally sort of replace it.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

That really sucks, hope it turns up for you
vivi

Post by vivi »

I lost my old Military I EDC'd for years. CPMD2 blade with a patina and aggressively reprofiled edge, swapped into a digital camo set of scales. Hope you find yours. I got a replacement but it's not exactly the same.
:unicorn
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have had a Spyderco or two snag on a strap or seatbelt and come lifting from my pocket before.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Username827

Post by Username827 »

Good luck friend, I hope you find it!
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Jumpin'Spyder wrote:I understand your feeling precisely, sorry :( but something could happen:

Many years ago I've lost my very first Spyderco (a Cricket Aluminum scale) at a friend's house. It'was a party and we had to cut chestnuts for cooking onto the flame; a great opportunity to take my Cricket from my pocket and start processing the fruits, the point of Cricket was awsome for the purpose. then I leaved my knife on the table and the time passed. At the end of the evening I was looking for the knife, but nothing, it seemed vanished in the air :eek:
The friends of mine tell me that they would have searched everywhere because understood my loss. Next days nothing come out, luckily at that time I could find another Cricket, same model (at that time Spyderco hadn't so much models out :rolleyes: ) in a brick and mortar shop here in Italy.

Time passed, many months I mean...and another evening at friend's house, when arrived there, my friend said: guess??? and showed me my old Cricket :eek:
Where was it?? Under a big refrigerator. Bear in mind that the party was on the rooftop terrace and the refrigerator one floor down, with a stair of more then 30 steps away :confused:

Only solution to the case was that the cat (a big player of all the things he can find...) took it and playing with it brought downstairs and pushed under the refrigerator :mad:
I was so happy to find it you cannot imagine :D BTW I already had a Cricket (and so today, same one) that I gifted it to my friend, who had it now too :D :D :D from one Spydie user to two :spyder: :spyder:

So never give up, wait some time to settle down things and then start a Sherlock Holmes thinking and searching: knife could be EVERYWHERE in the house and most of the time it appears unexpectedly :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Thanks for sharing! OP - Jumpin is right - it'll turn up.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

twinboysdad wrote:Blade HQ still has them if you need a replacement
Hmmm ...
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Thanks Guy's.
After going through the tool boxes and my desks at work, all hope was lost.
I turned up home last night went through the house again feeling very blue.... started thinking I actually cannot remember using this knife in past two weeks ( had been using my D2 Para's and M390 Millie mostly.
mmm.... Could be any where , have I left it onsite?? ... There has been a strange rattle in the van.... is it my mille rolling around the footwell?
Come to think of it, the last time I know I had this knife in hand was during a long over due sharpening session when I sharpened all of knives...

Blade HQ you say? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have look. After all the only knife I've ever lost was my little fishscale Caly Jr.. and replacing that did lead me to a nice Ti- Chinese Lum...

I'll check my "other" knife drawer again... for the fourth time.
What do you know? There she was hiding out between a stack of old paperwork!
Ahhh...The joy, the relief, I felt light on my feet again.... the Missus might get lucky tonight.

Lesson #1 learnt, don't start drinking when you actually need to find something important.
Lesson # 2. I need a back up M4 Mille... looks like I might be getting in touch with Blade hq afterall...

Cheers J.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

^ Glad it turned up! I hate misplacing stuff. It's always a relief when I finally figure out where I left the missing item.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!