Things wot I painted

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
demoncase

Things wot I painted

Post by demoncase »

So, as you can see from my avatar and the various threads on Cosplay, I used to love Warhammer 40,000.

For those not in the know, WH40k is a tabletop sci-fi battle RPG set in the very worst dystopian future possible which leads to great fun. It's been going 30 years this year, and as a result Games Workshop have released the new improved 8th edition rules.

About 20 years ago (3rd edition rules or thereabout) I gave up 40k gaming due to discovering the delights of beer, motorbikes and ladies who liked heavy metal
(but still read the many novels for fun)

Recently, in search of a hobby to keep us entertained, the missus decided we should have a crack at the new game....she liked it, we bought the new boxed set and both starting building our armies.

So: A key part of the hobby is building and painting your army.
The scale of these is 25-28mm in size, so mostly these are larger than actual size

Below are the first few I have painted in over 20 years....it seems the way I git gud and go all 'Bob Ross' of minature painting is to put the brush down for 2 decades :)

Hope you enjoy....I've got myself a new-old hobby :D
First couple of the new Primaris Space Marines I had a crack at- in Dark Angels livery (My favourite chapter of the God Emperor Of Mankind's glorious Adeptus Astartes)

Then I went mad and built the whole set and painted 'em all up

More pictures of my next projects to follow.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
demoncase

Re: Things wot I painted

Post by demoncase »

Some detail shots
Primaris Captain who isn't yelling "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!" for us '80s kids ;)
Inceptors with their grav-packs for a jump about. Enjoyed doing the bases on these too
Helps to put the little Angels Of Death into scale....And showing the drybrushing I did on the jet packs
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

That's great!. It reminds me of when I was young we used to build models and paint them in detail, sometimes using a single hair on a brush to do the smallest filagree.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Nice work. In the late 70's for us it was D&D fantasy figurines and micro-tanks. My painting was abysmal, though. My orcs always looked more like transvestites. The tanks were easier.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

I think that's a really good hobby and a great way to relax and enjoy some creativity. Back in the 50's I enjoyed collecting and painting American civil war miniatures from both sides of the conflict and even received some recognition for my efforts. It appears the troops are a bit different in appearance these days, but that is some very fine work that I can personally relate to never the less. Whether or not your armies win or lose I know you will enjoy the battle! :)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Great job my friend! You are very skilled, thank you!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nice work man. I've never done miniatures but I used to do a lot of model cars and Gundam Wing models. I get the itch now and then but for me it's borderline overwhelming getting back into this stuff because I'm so obsessive over the details.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David