Ignore feature?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SolidState

Re: Ignore feature?

Post by SolidState »

bearfacedkiller wrote: The Dunning–Kruger effect.
http://psych.colorado.edu/~vanboven/tea ... unning.pdf

The original paper is worth a read. Funny enough, they can get the results to repeat in most countries, except for in SE Asia. As an introductory college science teacher, I have found the paper to be the best advice and worst prison sentence I've ever had.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

So what's the consensus? Intentional troll (my guess) or actual person?
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

GoldenSpydie wrote:So what's the consensus? Intentional troll (my guess) or actual person?
Fruitcake obviously lacking an appreciation of bats......
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

GoldenSpydie wrote:So what's the consensus? Intentional troll (my guess) or actual person?
Considering the outcome and conduct up to this point, what's the difference?
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm guessing he really thought that his ideas were great. When he realized that he was being shot down in flames all time, he tried to troll deliberately.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

demoncase wrote:
Considering the outcome and conduct up to this point, what's the difference?
Lol good point.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

demoncase wrote:
chuck_roxas45 wrote:
Midnightrider wrote:
In all seriousness I have used the feature but not because of what somebody said. Only because he just posts wall of pics a hundred times a day with no text and it's annoying to scroll past it on a phone. So yeah I have to agree this is a pretty good bunch of guys.
And of the same set of knives each time. :D
All pointed straight at the bottom edge of the screen......yeah. I get ya.
what's the deal with zip tying a hexnut onto a knife or adding a Phillips head screw to a spydie hole?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Spydergirl88 wrote: what's the deal with zip tying a hexnut onto a knife or adding a Phillips head screw to a spydie hole?
A hex nut cable tied to the Spyder hole makes for a knife which is much more aesthetically pleasing. :cool:

A bolt or in this case a Philips Head Screw bolted through the Spyder hole is multi purpose. It too enhances the aesthetics, balances and makes it much easier to remove the knife from any pocket particularly in tip up carry. It also stops all manner of debris from accumulating in the Spyder hole and acts as a stop to stop you cutting all the way through certain materials. ;)

Hope this helps! :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bloke wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote: what's the deal with zip tying a hexnut onto a knife or adding a Phillips head screw to a spydie hole?
A hex nut cable tied to the Spyder hole makes for a knife which is much more aesthetically pleasing. :cool:

A bolt or in this case a Philips Head Screw bolted through the Spyder hole is multi purpose. It too enhances the aesthetics, balances and makes it much easier to remove the knife from any pocket particularly in tip up carry. It also stops all manner of debris from accumulating in the Spyder hole and acts as a stop to stop you cutting all the way through certain materials. ;)

:p I guess i prefer my spydies unadorned? ;)
Spydergirl88
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
:p I guess i prefer my spydies unadorned? ;)
Not really a problem for me. It's the constant posting of the same set of pics over and over. :D
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Hahahahahaha I’ve thought I’ve seen it all too.. :confused: :eek:
Josh
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Bloke wrote:

You will be receiving an invoice from me to replace my Sarcasm-O-Meter. I pointed it at your post and the needle span round the dial at 900rpm then fell off.

You can pay me in Vegemite :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

demoncase wrote:You will be receiving an invoice from me to replace my Sarcasm-O-Meter. I pointed it at your post and the needle span round the dial at 900rpm then fell off.

You can pay me in Vegemite :D
Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

We have incremental blade length change trolling in general again. :)

I am not taking the bait this time! ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Whoa!!! That escalated quickly!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

thread is gone now
Spydergirl88
bearfacedkiller

Probably for the best. That could not have possibly gone anywhere good from there.
-Darby
awa54

Post by awa54 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Probably for the best. That could not have possibly gone anywhere good from there.
Not really... and I'm still cringing from the mental image of all those beautiful grapefocado groves lit by the glow of NK missile strikes :(

I must admit that it wasn't a shiny footprints moment in the making, but MA has definitely worked hard to earn the designation of troll supreme on this forum.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
demoncase wrote:
chuck_roxas45 wrote:
Midnightrider wrote:
In all seriousness I have used the feature but not because of what somebody said. Only because he just posts wall of pics a hundred times a day with no text and it's annoying to scroll past it on a phone. So yeah I have to agree this is a pretty good bunch of guys.
And of the same set of knives each time. :D
All pointed straight at the bottom edge of the screen......yeah. I get ya.
what's the deal with zip tying a hexnut onto a knife or adding a Phillips head screw to a spydie hole?
Who knows? maybe the individual in question doesn't have a thumb or index fiber on their strong hand and needs these "mods" to open the knives.

...only half kidding :\
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Very interesting Dr. Mastiff! :)

The Dunning–Kruger effect.

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E ... ger_effect
I think this is very probably accurate in this case. And, it may explain many trolls and their tenacity of opinion and failure to respond intelligently to criticism.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation