How do you purchase an autonomy?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco. READ RULES PRIOR TO POSTING!
Vivi

How do you purchase an autonomy?

Postby Vivi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am

I love H1, wharncliffes, blacked out knives and big handles. The Autonomy has been on my radar for a year or so, but I'm not sure how to actually purchase one.

I'm not Military or LEO but it would be 100% legal to carry and use where I live. But every site I've seen that has them in stock seems to require a government ID showing I'm LEO or similar.

My apologies if this isn't allowed.

farnorthdan

Re: How do you purchase an autonomy?

Postby farnorthdan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:09 am

Honestly I can't remember where I bought mine, maybe BHQ, but no requirements other than a credit card that worked. I'd still like to get the orange and probably will at some point.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

Bloke

Postby Bloke » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:41 am

Hi Vivi,

For what it's worth mate the orange handle jobbie went straight into my cart at BH the same as always. I didn't buy it but everything was normal. I went up until credit card details.

They've probably heard just how hard and responsible we Australian are. :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

Evil D

Postby Evil D » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:07 pm

I'll tell you how I do it.

I make obnoxious threads and post silly gif's in them pleading for a PE Autonomy.

Then I bump the thread every now and then to let the powers that be know I'm not going away until I break their will.

And then I wait.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

ConspicuousConsumption

Postby ConspicuousConsumption » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 am

Vivi wrote:I love H1, wharncliffes, blacked out knives and big handles. The Autonomy has been on my radar for a year or so, but I'm not sure how to actually purchase one.

I'm not Military or LEO but it would be 100% legal to carry and use where I live. But every site I've seen that has them in stock seems to require a government ID showing I'm LEO or similar.

I've got the info you need! I purchased mine through KnifeCenter. The site let me get all the way through the transaction without any fuss, then I had to go to a webpage on their site and agree to the restricted item terms and conditions. It was just a checkbox and then I was done. They basically put the legal responsibility on you to answer honestly whether it's legal for you to purchase an automatic. That's another conversation.

It was very easy and I had my Autonomy lickety split.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:

BLUETYPEII

Postby BLUETYPEII » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Vivi wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am
I love H1, wharncliffes, blacked out knives and big handles. The Autonomy has been on my radar for a year or so, but I'm not sure how to actually purchase one.

Hi vivi, just try BHQ. I have bought automatic knives from them before. No extra steps,weird questions or boxes to check. It’s as simple as it gets.
:spyder: :spyder: 14 Spyderco in 7 different steels and 1 Byrd :spyder: :spyder:

knivesandbooks

Postby knivesandbooks » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:04 am

Hi, Vivi, not sure where you order from but I've ordered autos from DLT, GPKnives, BHQ, Knifecenter.. Never a problem. Click a box that says you can have it.
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

The Meat man

Postby The Meat man » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 am

Vivi wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am

How did this turn out Vivi? You ever end up getting one of the Autonomy models?
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

Evil D

Postby Evil D » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:49 am

Autos are legal where I live with my concealed carry permit. I'm not sure how that translates into what is and what is not legal to SHIP, but I ordered my Autonomy 1 from Blade HQ and they didn't even ask to see anything like that, I just put it in the cart and ordered it like anything else. Maybe it has something to do with shipping to Kentucky vs if you tried to ship it to New York etc.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

Return to “Spyderco Restricted Models Discussion”