How do you purchase an autonomy?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
vivi

How do you purchase an autonomy?

Post by vivi »

I love H1, wharncliffes, blacked out knives and big handles. The Autonomy has been on my radar for a year or so, but I'm not sure how to actually purchase one.

I'm not Military or LEO but it would be 100% legal to carry and use where I live. But every site I've seen that has them in stock seems to require a government ID showing I'm LEO or similar.

My apologies if this isn't allowed.
:unicorn
farnorthdan

Re: How do you purchase an autonomy?

Post by farnorthdan »

Honestly I can't remember where I bought mine, maybe BHQ, but no requirements other than a credit card that worked. I'd still like to get the orange and probably will at some point.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Hi Vivi,

For what it's worth mate the orange handle jobbie went straight into my cart at BH the same as always. I didn't buy it but everything was normal. I went up until credit card details.

They've probably heard just how hard and responsible we Australian are. :p
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'll tell you how I do it.

I make obnoxious threads and post silly gif's in them pleading for a PE Autonomy.

Then I bump the thread every now and then to let the powers that be know I'm not going away until I break their will.

And then I wait.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Vivi wrote:I love H1, wharncliffes, blacked out knives and big handles. The Autonomy has been on my radar for a year or so, but I'm not sure how to actually purchase one.

I'm not Military or LEO but it would be 100% legal to carry and use where I live. But every site I've seen that has them in stock seems to require a government ID showing I'm LEO or similar.

I've got the info you need! I purchased mine through KnifeCenter. The site let me get all the way through the transaction without any fuss, then I had to go to a webpage on their site and agree to the restricted item terms and conditions. It was just a checkbox and then I was done. They basically put the legal responsibility on you to answer honestly whether it's legal for you to purchase an automatic. That's another conversation.

It was very easy and I had my Autonomy lickety split.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Vivi wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am
I love H1, wharncliffes, blacked out knives and big handles. The Autonomy has been on my radar for a year or so, but I'm not sure how to actually purchase one.

Hi vivi, just try BHQ. I have bought automatic knives from them before. No extra steps,weird questions or boxes to check. It’s as simple as it gets.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Hi, Vivi, not sure where you order from but I've ordered autos from DLT, GPKnives, BHQ, Knifecenter.. Never a problem. Click a box that says you can have it.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Vivi wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 am

How did this turn out Vivi? You ever end up getting one of the Autonomy models?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Autos are legal where I live with my concealed carry permit. I'm not sure how that translates into what is and what is not legal to SHIP, but I ordered my Autonomy 1 from Blade HQ and they didn't even ask to see anything like that, I just put it in the cart and ordered it like anything else. Maybe it has something to do with shipping to Kentucky vs if you tried to ship it to New York etc.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Autos are also legal to carry where I live with a concealed carry permit. Not sure why a CCW is required for carry, but there you have it.

As far as I know, you can buy one, just don't leave your property with one.

What is strange too is that you can buy and carry an assisted, but not an auto. Hahahahaha....who elects these people!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:38 pm
Autos are also legal to carry where I live with a concealed carry permit. Not sure why a CCW is required for carry, but there you have it.

What is strange too is that you can buy and carry an assisted, but not an auto. Hahahahaha....who elects these people!
If I remember correctly the federal switchblade ban was invoked because of a movie. Not because of actual happenings but because a movie instilled fear in people. Sometimes I wonder about how things work :confused:
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

VashHash wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:26 am
Naperville wrote:

If I remember correctly the federal switchblade ban was invoked because of a movie. Not because of actual happenings but because a movie instilled fear in people. Sometimes I wonder about how things work :confused:
The people running for positions, are the people we elect. We need better, more common sense individuals running for offices globally.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

VashHash wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Read the following: https://blademag.com/knife-history/why- ... es-illegal
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Accutronman wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:37 pm
VashHash wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Read the following: https://blademag.com/knife-history/why- ... es-illegal
That's even worse
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree...
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032