Spyderco presence at Seki city cutlery festival?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
janka

Spyderco presence at Seki city cutlery festival?

Post by janka »

I'm planning on attending the Seki City cutlery festival on Oct 7-8, and I was wondering if Spyderco has any kind of presence there, official or otherwise?
Unfortunately the one very good brick and mortar knife store in Tokyo that carried Spyderco knives closed in June.
Johnnie1801

Re: Spyderco presence at Seki city cutlery festival?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

I have no idea but it would be cool if you could share some photo's with us. Would be cool to see what;s going on over there.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
janka

Post by janka »

I'll try to post some pictures afterwards.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Janka,

Welcome to our forum.

We won't be in Seki for the festival. It's more of a local thing. Some of our makers might show some product.

sal
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

janka wrote:I'm planning on attending the Seki City cutlery festival on Oct 7-8, and I was wondering if Spyderco has any kind of presence there, official or otherwise?
Unfortunately the one very good brick and mortar knife store in Tokyo that carried Spyderco knives closed in June.
Which store is that? I hope it's not "The edge".. I was planning to visit them again next time i go to Tokyo..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

janka wrote:I'll try to post some pictures afterwards.
Please do, this sounds very interesting
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

Such a shame that The Edge in Shibuya closed. Was one of the best shops I've ever seen. Had so many vintage models it was like a museum.
sal

Post by sal »

As in many countries, laws against knives and knife carry are taking their toll. I don't if this is why they closed, but I'm sure it is having an effect.

sal
spyderwa

Post by spyderwa »

In the past they had a sale at the G. Sakai factory where you could purchase a number of older G. Sakai made Spydercos. On my most recent visit they moved into the indoor knife show with a table of assorted knives including a few Spydercos. At the last show they had a few Everest Workers though I think those are probably gone by now. At a different table I saw a few embellished Mini-Mariners at crazy-good prices. There is also a museum and a civic hall that has a few Spydercos on display. Seki is tough to get around without a car, but well worth exploring. The outside sale occasionally has Spyderco knives, but emphasizes kitchen knives. Even so, with patience you can sometimes turn up a gem.

spyderwa
Rare and Unusual Spyderco Website www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
janka

Post by janka »

Sal, thanks for the welcome.

Larry, sorry yes The Edge closed. I went by one last time about a week before it closed to see if they were having a sale or special discounts but no such luck except on some high end customs. They did have an impressive selection though.

Spyderwa, thanks for the info!