What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Peter1960

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by Peter1960 »

During the last months I always have a Victorinox Alox or Cellidor with me, more and more it is this useful Compact -

Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
retsailor1969

Post by retsailor1969 »

So, I have this knife that my late Uncle gave to me. The only markings I can find on it to identify it are KG118 China. Here's a picture of the knife. Any ideas?
Attachments
Test Knife Size.png
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

This old thing
bh49

Post by bh49 »

No others. I sold my ZT, like previously I sold my BMs, Kershaws, Gerbers and Emerson. They just do not cut as well as my :spyder:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Today it was a SAK tinker to go with my old school Police.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

GEC #15 Scout
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
remnar

Post by remnar »

I hate to admit it, but after thinking that I lost a PM2 up on a mountain top covered in huckleberries, I started carrying a Kershaw Thermite to work. I wouldn't be too upset if this thing gets plucked out of my pocket by some unruly berry bushes or a tree branch. I bought the knife used for $15 and I'm kinda warming up to it. We'll see how well it handles the damp NW Fall weather.

BTW: The PM2 was found clipped to pants that I had previously worn. Apparently I didn't notice that I left the house in the morning without it, and when I realized that it wasn't in my pocket about half way through the day, I feared it had snagged on a bush when I was walking through some huckleberry fields. I had a real kicked in the gut kinda feeling for about a day and don't want that to happen again.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

*Landon*
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

That's a real beauty Landon, what type of wood?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

farnorthdan wrote:That's a real beauty Landon, what type of wood?
Gabon ebony. One of my favorite choices for wood covers. Not as much character as ironwood or the like, but very durable. Would really love to have some ebony scales on one of my Caly 3.5s.
*Landon*
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

xceptnl wrote:
Gabon ebony. One of my favorite choices for wood covers. Not as much character as ironwood or the like, but very durable. Would really love to have some ebony scales on one of my Caly 3.5s.
Oh yes, that would look amazing. I've really become fond of my Pakkawood Delica, I could defiantly go for some more wood covered spydies
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

farnorthdan wrote:
xceptnl wrote:
Oh yes, that would look amazing. I've really become fond of my Pakkawood Delica, I could defiantly go for some more wood covered spydies
It happened with the Kopa models so anything is possible.
*Landon*
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

xceptnl wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
xceptnl wrote:
It happened with the Kopa models so anything is possible.
Love the Kopa's, only have one though, pacific blue, missed that run. The other one I hope to luck into some day is the Sage 4, crazy expensive these days unfortunately.

remnar

Post by remnar »

remnar wrote:I hate to admit it, but after thinking that I lost a PM2 up on a mountain top covered in huckleberries, I started carrying a Kershaw Thermite to work. I wouldn't be too upset if this thing gets plucked out of my pocket by some unruly berry bushes or a tree branch. I bought the knife used for $15 and I'm kinda warming up to it. We'll see how well it handles the damp NW Fall weather.

BTW: The PM2 was found clipped to pants that I had previously worn. Apparently I didn't notice that I left the house in the morning without it, and when I realized that it wasn't in my pocket about half way through the day, I feared it had snagged on a bush when I was walking through some huckleberry fields. I had a real kicked in the gut kinda feeling for about a day and don't want that to happen again.
The warming has stopped. The Thermite doesn't hold an edge well at all and the lock gets wedged in and sticks if you do any cutting that requires a little force. I think that I'll go back to the PM2 for work carry and just take the risk of possibly losing it.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

*Landon*
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

^^^^ Very NICE Landon.. One of those is on my "Next" list!! What yr?? John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jmh58 wrote:^^^^ Very NICE Landon.. One of those is on my "Next" list!! What yr?? John
I honestly don't know. Early 70s i think.
*Landon*
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

xceptnl wrote:
jmh58 wrote:^^^^ Very NICE Landon.. One of those is on my "Next" list!! What yr?? John
Count the dots.. 10 dots..70, 9-dots..71, etc.. That is a 1970-1979 tang stamp.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jmh58 wrote:
xceptnl wrote:
Count the dots.. 10 dots..70, 9-dots..71, etc.. That is a 1970-1979 tang stamp.. John :)
Thank you for the education... 2 dots = 1978?
*Landon*
mb1

Post by mb1 »

xceptnl wrote:Image
That's a beauty Landon. I would've snatched one of those up in a heartbeat if I had my ear to the ground when they were released. I just noticed that long pull has a different swedge than mine. Subtle but interesting differences.

I really enjoy carrying these to the office. They fit nicely in the watch pocket of jeans too.

- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man