Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bouhunter

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by bouhunter »

jdw wrote:I enjoy carrying my $102 Caly 3.5 all of the time. It's a knife that I wouldn't have bought except for this thread.
Same here - that was a great deal ;)
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

abbazaba wrote:KW lowered the price of their CF/Ti S90v Military to $249.99 ($30 off) for a Labor Day sale. This one has been testing my will power for a while.
abba, this is the exact same position that I am in. I had planned to pick this up once it went on sale, but $250 is still a whole bunch for a model that I have 6 copies of (admittedly none with the RIL or S90V). Not sure if I will be able to to hold out all weekend!
rivy

Post by rivy »

Any other spydie retailers running Labor Day deals?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

The green CTS-204P Military has also been lowered to $174.95 this weekend at KnifeWorks. That is very tempting, because I am absolutely enamoured with the green g10 on the Caly3.
Josh
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

murphjd25 wrote:The green CTS-204P Military has also been lowered to $174.95 this weekend at KnifeWorks. That is very tempting, because I am absolutely enamoured with the green g10 on the Caly3.
That is very tempting especially for me since I don't have a Millie and I don't have anything with 204P.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jdw

Post by jdw »

murphjd25 wrote:The green CTS-204P Military has also been lowered to $174.95 this weekend at KnifeWorks. That is very tempting, because I am absolutely enamoured with the green g10 on the Caly3.
Yeah, that's what just pushed me over the top. I have been waffling and wanting to try CTS-204P but I could never pull the trigger on another Millie. I decided to grab one before they go away.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

You look close to the edge, here is a push. ;) What a bunch of dirty enablers we are. :o

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

^^ Highly recommend the Millie.

I'm now looking away as I'm trying to behave and a sucker for a good deal.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
rivy

Post by rivy »

Man, I want that caly...
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Sharp Guy wrote:
That is very tempting especially for me since I don't have a Millie and I don't have anything with 204P.
Mine is only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Ti/CF - I think I already have my favorite version!

:D
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Man you guys suck! Dirty bunch of enablers! :p
Josh
vivi

Post by vivi »

the cts204p version is really, really nice. incredibly smooth action and the steel is pretty nice from what I've seen.

you'd also be surprised at how well it carries. Not much worse than an Endura IMO...it's very light for its size and pretty thin, but not too thin :)
:unicorn
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Extremely tempting for me. It is dark green. Knife budget is very low. I have to resist. And Military is so huge, but dark green is so beautiful :o :p
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Vivi wrote:the cts204p version is really, really nice. incredibly smooth action and the steel is pretty nice from what I've seen.

you'd also be surprised at how well it carries. Not much worse than an Endura IMO...it's very light for its size and pretty thin, but not too thin :)
Can you , please stop this?
Owner of my company already commented that my little Caly3 is a dangerous looking knife. He is old school. Probably 70+, so I commented that the most dangerous weapon is a man. he agreed :cool:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
vivi

Post by vivi »

bh49 wrote:
Vivi wrote:the cts204p version is really, really nice. incredibly smooth action and the steel is pretty nice from what I've seen.

Can you , please stop this?
Owner of my company already commented that my little Caly3 is a dangerous looking knife. He is old school. Probably 70+, so I commented that the most dangerous weapon is a man. he agreed :cool:
Caly 3 and a Millie is a great EDC combo ;) Used to go with a UKPK and D2 Millie myself. UKPK for small mundane stuff, Millie for the heavier duty cutting. :D
:unicorn
LDB

Post by LDB »

Massdrop has the Para 3 for $119.97 which is online pricing but it includes a case. Decline the case and it's $104.97, a $15 savings plus free shipping.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/spyderco-p ... 3592970632
PaleMoon

Post by PaleMoon »

Wow, thanks a bunch for the heads up! This couldn't have come at a better time; I had been mulling to buy my first Millie for many, many weeks now, but couldn't settle on a model. The S30V didn't have the CQI upgrades, I already had a PM2 in S110V, the M4 wasn't stainless, and the 204p's ~$40 premium was a bit too much, IMO. This discount made my decision all too easy :D
The problem of a coherent civilization is the problem of living with ignorance and not being frustrated by it.
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

At that price seriously thinking of grabbing a backup copy of my beloved green Millie. Anyone ever do that with one of their favorites?
illacky

Post by illacky »

MidwayUSA has the Q Ball for $134.34 with free shipping, you have to add it to cart to see the price.
-Ivan
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Flipping Addict wrote:At that price seriously thinking of grabbing a backup copy of my beloved green Millie. Anyone ever do that with one of their favorites?
Often, seems once afflicted with this :spyder: disease, all rational thought seems to be out the window. ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."