Caly 3 HAP40 dropped

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vgex

Re: Caly 3 HAP40 dropped

Post by vgex »

Missed out on the DLT Hap40 by seconds. It was in my cart, but once I logged in to purchase, it was gone. Oh well.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

bearfacedkiller wrote: Image
Nice. Thank you Darby for sharing. Spyderco need to make more dark green knives. :)
Just wondering, when we will see dark green Caly3.5 :p :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

vgex wrote:Missed out on the DLT Hap40 by seconds. It was in my cart, but once I logged in to purchase, it was gone. Oh well.
Do not worry. Watch this thread and you will get Caly.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
vgex

Post by vgex »

bh49 wrote:
vgex wrote:Missed out on the DLT Hap40 by seconds. It was in my cart, but once I logged in to purchase, it was gone. Oh well.
Do not worry. Watch this thread and you will get Caly.

Thanks. It's not the end of the world. I picked up a Para 3 Cru-Wear to console myself. Was able to redeemed some DLT points to boot.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I agree Roman. I love this color. Hands down my favorite. I passed on the Worker sprint multiple times and often wish I hadn't. There are not too many dark green G10 knives that will get by me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

bh49 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote: Image
Nice. Thank you Darby for sharing. Spyderco need to make more dark green knives. :)
Just wondering, when we will see dark green Caly3.5 :p :)
Good to see you're socializing the new guy right away. Don't want any fights breaking out in the pack. The little guys can be mean! :D :spyder:
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The whole Caly family :D

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
foofie

Post by foofie »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Have one ordered finally. Yesterday I would have seen this and felt a bit of stress and remorse at being slow on the uptick. Today I can say beautiful knives! You really do like green.

And to everyone still looking to find one. I believe this sprint is 1200 pieces so there should be plenty for everyone on the first round.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:The whole Caly family :D

I can see this was a difficult decision for you. ;)

Beautiful collection. What size was the larger Superblue?? Looks like it had a different dad.
- Mark

bearfacedkiller

There was a Caly3 and a Caly3.5 in Super Blue. I am sure I am not the only one hoping for a Dark Green HAP40 Caly3.5 and I think our chances are quite good.

While my lamination lines are not perfect (not complaining) they are quite good. I will say that based on my Pakkawood Delica and this piece as well as all the other pics I have seen of those two it does seem as though the last couple of runs of laminated blades have been noticeably better than previous runs. Very nice!!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I see. All the 3.5 blades look similar length. But that 3.5 SB has a little sleeker looking profile, along with a longer handle (?).

I'm liking the 3.5's in comparison. I still have one of those on back order with the crazy deal possibility.
- Mark

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The 3 and 3.5 SB are very similar in size in hand, I actually prefer the 3.5 but the 3 is still one of my favorite EDC's. A 3.5 HAP40 would be a must have for sure.
Last edited by farnorthdan on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Sign me up for a 3.5 :D
Josh
bearfacedkiller

Getting it dirty on the first day. :)

-Darby
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

I wasnt so impressed with the gaps between the back spacer and steel liners on the 1st one I got. Gaps go all the way up on the lock bar as well, open or closed. I know some of you might not mind this but I am used to better fit & finish from my Spydercos. So I bought another one :)
20170825_155458.jpg
delphidoc

Post by delphidoc »

Are those areas due to uneven heights of the liners and back spacer or gaps between them? If they're uneven heights can sanding them smooth fix it?
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

delphidoc wrote:Are those areas due to uneven heights of the liners and back spacer or gaps between them? If they're uneven heights can sanding them smooth fix it?
Yea gaps. Anyone else's like this?
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Spider bite wrote:
delphidoc wrote:Are those areas due to uneven heights of the liners and back spacer or gaps between them? If they're uneven heights can sanding them smooth fix it?
Yea gaps. Anyone else's like this?
No gaps in mine that's one of the first things I look at. 90% of the back I can't even detect a seam at all. Loving this knife ;)
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spider bite wrote:Yea gaps. Anyone else's like this?
Mine's perfect!

Now you have me looking at all mine with liners and backspacer. Thankfully, they're all good!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I just looked mine over and it's perfect! Must of been a dud!
Josh