2018 Calendar Contest – WINNERS!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dtoad

Re: 2018 Calendar Contest – WINNERS!

Post by dtoad »

TazKristi wrote:Here's a list of the members that I can confirm receipt of images for. If you uploaded an image and you are not on this list, please upload again. Please make sure your image is not larger than 16MB or it will not upload. Thank you!

Sharpguitarist
IR192
Amika
surfingringo
mb1

I have just submitted my image as well. Congrats to all of the selected winners this year. I am honored to have finally made the selection.

My file uploaded was a 7MB jpeg, but have this as a full size image, or even in PSD format if needed once you get this to the editing point.

Kristi, will you be updating this list as you have received? I did not get conformation that mine took either. Please let me know if there is a issue.

Thank you once again Spyderco, and congratulations to all the great photos winners!!!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I just submitted mine for the second time (first time yesterday afternoon), and still no confirmation so I'm really not sure if it's getting through. It's a 6.9MB jpeg, so I don't know why it wouldn't. I'll keep an eye here for updates I guess?
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I submitted mine last Fri 18 Aug and again a moment ago. I watched it upload to at least 98% and the upload indicator disappeared, so I figured it had uploaded, but no success message appeared. I think this is the same thing I saw Friday on my first attempt. The .JPG is well below 16MB.

Thanks for checking on this for us :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
pR13S7

Post by pR13S7 »

my photo - 9Mb, tried to upload twice an still no confirmation :(
Carlito86

Post by Carlito86 »

I tried as well several times but I get no confirm. I will try from a desktop pc later.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Surfingringo wrote:I just re-submitted mine and got a message screen saying "Thank you, your image has been submitted".
... and I tried it again four times in a row now and never got a confirmation like yours :(
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Me to... 8 times I've uploaded my image but never got a confirmation... 2 different browsers (Firefox/Chrome)
Surfingringo, what browser do You use?
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

tap78 wrote:Me to... 8 times I've uploaded my image but never got a confirmation... 2 different browsers (Firefox/Chrome)
Safari on a Mac. I don't think I got a confirmation the first time I did it either. Not sure about that though. I did it again for good measure and definitely got the confirmation the second time.
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Uploaded a 12mb jpeg, no confirmation, I guess I'll try again later. If we could get an updated list that would be great! :)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Sorry, everyone. I've asked our webmaster to look into it. This is the first "contest" running through the new site and we all know that technology isn't always all it's cracked up to be. I'll post back when we have it resolved. In the meantime please hold off on uploads. To have multiple images multiple times makes it more difficult.

Thanks for your patience.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Surfingringo wrote:
tap78 wrote:Me to... 8 times I've uploaded my image but never got a confirmation... 2 different browsers (Firefox/Chrome)
Safari on a Mac. I don't think I got a confirmation the first time I did it either. Not sure about that though. I did it again for good measure and definitely got the confirmation the second time.
Hey, Lance:
You were on the list that I posted so you're good to go.

Kristi
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

DerRock wrote:
swisspyder wrote:Strange, just got this error message. Image is ca. 5 MB and is a JPG.
Invalid image. Images must be less than 16MB and either JPG or PNG. Image size was
Can I just send my image by email or something like that?
I tried to load the image again. I click on the link and see your data. Change to their own does not work.
Wait what you see my address and stuff? That's not cool :eek:
Spydercos currently in my collection:
Gayle Bradley 1, Urban K390, Tenacious
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

Surfingringo wrote:Swissspyder you broke the internet! :eek: :cool:
Haha, I don't know what the **** happened but if you guys all saw my information, it is a bit concerning that suck a "leak" was possible.
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

swisspyder wrote: Haha, I don't know what the **** happened but if you guys all saw my information, it is a bit concerning that such a "leak" was possible.
I think maybe they mean they saw the "Invalid image. Images must be less than 16MB and either JPG or PNG" "data" (message). :D I don't think it's possible that any of your server data, let alone your personal data, could have been shown. IMHO

Maybe a very, very remote chance that it could have been your file size data? But that seems impossible, too, unless the spydie server was in the twilight zone :eek:

I got that "Invalid image" message some of the times but not ever time I tried last night, on chrome and Firefox.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

DougC-3 wrote:
swisspyder wrote: Haha, I don't know what the **** happened but if you guys all saw my information, it is a bit concerning that such a "leak" was possible.
I think maybe they mean they saw the "Invalid image. Images must be less than 16MB and either JPG or PNG" "data" (message). :D I don't think it's possible that any of your server data, let alone your personal data, could have been shown. IMHO

Maybe a very, very remote chance that it could have been your file size data? But that seems impossible, too, unless the spydie server was in the twilight zone :eek:

I got that "Invalid image" message some of the times but not ever time I tried last night, on chrome and Firefox.
Unfortunately, it actually was his personal information that appeared. It was corrected soon after, but still appeared for a short time none the less.

If it makes you feel any better, I generally ignored the information and replaced it with my own in a frantic attempt to resubmit my photo.
-Nick :bug-red
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

Anyhow, thank you guys for bringing it to my attention.
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

swisspyder wrote:
DerRock wrote:
swisspyder wrote:Strange, just got this error message. Image is ca. 5 MB and is a JPG.
Invalid image. Images must be less than 16MB and either JPG or PNG. Image size was
Can I just send my image by email or something like that?
I tried to load the image again. I click on the link and see your data. Change to their own does not work.
Wait what you see my address and stuff? That's not cool :eek:
I will not tell anyone :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Mushroom wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

Unfortunately, it actually was his personal information that appeared. It was corrected soon after, but still appeared for a short time none the less.

If it makes you feel any better, I generally ignored the information and replaced it with my own in a frantic attempt to resubmit my photo.
Amazing :confused: Oh well, it may be in the phone book or city directory anyway. I suggest that any forumite who remembers the address (very unlikely) could send swisspyder a Spyderco decal or similar memento as a gesture of good will :)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, everyone:
First, I want to apologize again for the technical glitch. Everything has been resolved and you should be good to go to upload your images and information. The link once again is, https://www.spyderco.com/contests/calendar/.

swisspyder: I sincerely apologize if your address information was shown to anyone. We could not duplicate the issue but have made some tweaks that will prevent it from occurring.

I have images/info from the following members. If you are not on this list please visit the link once more and upload your image and info. See below for a screenshot of what you'll see following a successful upload.

Sharpguitarist
Liquid Cobra
IR192
Amika
surfingringo
mb1

Once an image is successfully uploaded you'll see this screen:
2017-08-23.png
Thanks much to everyone for hanging in there with us!

Kristi
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Resubmitted and received the confirmation page. Thank you!