Poll: Favorite FRN/FRCP color

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What is your favorite FRN or FRCP color?

Some shade of black
6%
Some shade of blue
32%
Some shade of gray
22%
Some shade of orange
13%
Some shade of red
4%
Some shade of yellow
1%
Some shade of brown
5%
Some shade of green
13%
Some shade of purple
3%
Some shade of pink
1%

Total votes: 143

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Poll: Favorite FRN/FRCP color

Post by Doc Dan »

Vivi wrote:I'd take black and foliage green.

Surprised at how unpopular black is. It's my go to, with green being an occasional carry.
Black has been over done so much it is tiring. Sal even mentioned he is tired of it, as well.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
krikun98

Post by krikun98 »

USN Catcherman green.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Orange for a lot of things, blue for knives, so I voted orange and blue. I'd especially love denim blues, or a return of the Stretch blue.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Blue and grey are my favorites. Really love the grey on the Maxamet Native 5.
Josh
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

Doc Dan wrote:

Surprised at how unpopular black is. It's my go to, with green being an occasional carry.
Black has been over done so much it is tiring. Sal even mentioned he is tired of it, as well.

How about a knife in Vantablack. If not familiar with it a quick google will show you some cool stuff. Not sure if it would work for this application but would be kinda cool as a collectors piece.

BTW I voted blue in poll. I do like a variety of colors. I have a purple Endura but really like the Blurple color. Orange is nice for hiking camping knives.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I voted blue and green. From old ZDP Stretch blue to smurf Delica blue, I like them all. BRG to Delica green, all good. The toxic green is practical for finding the knife on a pier, but a bit loud otherwise.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Cricket Bite wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

How about a knife in Vantablack. If not familiar with it a quick google will show you some cool stuff. Not sure if it would work for this application but would be kinda cool as a collectors piece.

BTW I voted blue in poll. I do like a variety of colors. I have a purple Endura but really like the Blurple color. Orange is nice for hiking camping knives.
You can choose two colors.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

My Native 5 S110V looks just perfect, so that's my choice. Second is black. Third is a nice visible yellow... say, how about goldenrod? ;)
- best wishes, Jazz.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I think that goldenrod looks good. I like most colors.

I actively avoid black. I have black knives but I wish they weren't. It isn't enough to get me to pass on a knife I want but it is a factor in my decisions. I would rather carry a pink knife than a black one. :eek:
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I think that goldenrod looks good. I like most colors.

I actively avoid black. I have black knives but I wish they weren't. It isn't enough to get me to pass on a knife I want but it is a factor in my decisions. I would rather carry a pink knife than a black one. :eek:
Not too sure on goldenrod Darby, but I'd rather a pink knife over a black one any day! ;)

The black handle and the two holes are the reason I don't own a Junction. :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

If my wife leaves her pink Native5LW laying around I'll throw it in my pocket for a day. It just means I like boobs. Seriously though, my mother is and my grandmother was a breast cancer survivor. I have kind of embraced the pink thing. :) I am very grateful that Spyderco makes pink knives and donates proceeds from them.

I think part of my aversion to black is that I do not have a tactical bone in my body. That is what I see when I see black knives. I am much more of a country boy so camo on the other hand makes me happy. Not in the Military sense but rather because I have been a hunter and outdoorsman all my life. I need a zome Delica. They look camo.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

Well its safe to say yellow is slowing the Salt line sales : ) I'm a merchant mariner and I still haven't bought one yet. I'd like to though :)
always looking for more lums :spyder:
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Desaturated colors are nice, such as the foliage green models and original zdp allotment that evil d posted, and the bluegreen micro dyad was a great bluegreen that didnt get its 15 minutes. Too many 'obvious' colors in the line up imnsho, so i tend to prefer the shades of grey and black that are offered lately. But who cares right? It's like blade centering, its not funtional then to **** with it, other than for visibility issues.