Might have pulled a stupid

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
andalite_6

Might have pulled a stupid

Post by andalite_6 »

Hey. Brand new here, strange because I own several spyderco products.
So I may have pulled a stupid , I wanted one of the older runs of the military in cts 204 p found one on eBay. You know how the story goes. Boy goes on eBay meets a shiny. Boy buys shiny. Boy thinks it's a shady shiny. So I was looking for input. The box it came on was seemingly legit and with the special edition letter from spyderco/ blade exclusive. Just seen so many horror stories thought I'd ask the community here.
andalite_6

Re: Might have pulled a stupid

Post by andalite_6 »

Pics were too big. Put them on drop box.
The red stuff is lite wilson combat oil I rubbed on.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjt7x0bqzyq9 ... XMiIa?dl=0
anycal

Post by anycal »

I have one. Yours looks real... other than the juice stains. Great knife, by the way!

What makes you think it may not be legit, other than getting it second hand?

The Military with the floating stop pin, is fairly new. Haven't heard of these being copied yet.
Peter
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Let's move this to the general discussion area...

Welcome to the Spyderco forum andalite_6. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum, looks legit to me. Has all the right CQI's.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SG89

Post by SG89 »

legit
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

When I did still do business over at the bay I was very picky about the sellers/buyers that I dealt with. I wouldn't buy from any seller that had less than 50 deals under his/her belt. And if they had more than one negative feedback I wouldn't touch them at all. But I'm kind of a distrustful soul who has sustained a few business burns over the years and maybe I was a bit too careful. But by going on those guidelines I only got burnt once in the 6 years that I played on the bay.

I pretty much do most of my deals on BF now a days and preferably with guys and gals I've done business with before. Ebay's fees just got way too outrageous for me and around 2011 or so when I gave it up the fake, counterfeit stuff started showing up there as well. That 204P version of the C-36 Military isn't that old and there should be a few around that can be got from decent knife people.

I hope your acquisition is the "Real McCoy" because you will love the Military as a main EDC>> I've been EDCing my M390 Military for almost two years now and I don't see anything taking it's place anytime soon. Unless they were to do a Sprint Run of the C-60 Ayoob in one of the Supersteels. Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your quest for more Spyders :)
The Snowman

Post by The Snowman »

It looks fine, although I wouldn't exactly choose eBay as my first source for purchasing knives. There's a few reputable sellers, but the rest are pretty sketchy. I've gotten 2 fake Millies and a fake Rubicon from eBay. Luckily, they weren't exactly advertised as Spyderco and were around $25 each.
~Jonathan, the Snowman.
andalite_6

Post by andalite_6 »

Awesome. Thanks everyone. I work in law enforcement so I got bit by the spyderco bug looking at other knives. I love most spyderco s for edc. I carry the assist in my patrol bag and just got the autonomy Monday. I tend to destroy stuff on duty. Most stuff I get is from bladehq. I just got the military in cpm m4 from them the pm2 in s110v. But I'm told the automy is super strong, we shall put it to the test. Lol
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The fake machine would have to really be on top of things to get 1) a CQI knife out this quick (and have it look legit) and 2) do all that and make it a copy of a sprint/exclusive knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Welcome to our madness AKA the Forum.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Bile Bob

Post by Bile Bob »

Could have saved yourself the stress and bought straight from the dealer.

Still available from Knifeworks.. https://www.knifeworks.com/kw-exclusive ... usive.html
Donut

Post by Donut »

As far as I know, the counterfeit machine doesn't pay much attention to Sprints.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!