4 more years of "dubya"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
sod

Post by sod »

I should have guessed that someone to lazy to vote would be unable to carry on a discussion without resorting to name calling!!!

I only wish you would put 1/4 of the effort, you do into complaining about your country, into doing something positive for your country!!!

At least that dumbazz Michael Moore put his money where his vote was!!!
AllenETreat

Unwillingness isn't laziness

Post by AllenETreat »

And it isn't. As for Michael Moore he made his $$$ off of
Fahreheit 9/11 - that piss poor attempt at a 60's
counter-culture romp that ultimetely got him nowhere
other than the bank.

You could've given me Strom Thurmond for interim President,
but don't lose dubya & Al Gore ( who I unfortunately decided
to vote for as both choices were lame - he lost. TFB - I shoulda sat
out that one, in retrospect. )

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
sod

Post by sod »

Blah Blah Blah, I did not care enough to vote, but I care enough to complain about the results, Blah Blah Blah.

You can't win if you don't play!!
AllenETreat

Post by AllenETreat »

sod wrote: You can't win if you don't play!!

Yeah, sport, they say that about the lottery too - ever check out
the million-or-so-one-to-odds?

If you're so into the voting system, go replace those poll worker's
that average 72yrs old! Be part of the "system" then!

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
Senate

Post by Senate »

Can you make a blank vote in the US system? I'm asking because here in France, when you don't wanna vote for either of the candidates, you can make a vote for no one and they're counted as null but at least you expressed your voice.
If such vote isn't possible in the US, I can understand AET point of view...
sod

Post by sod »

I'll take the high road, and you....... :rolleyes:
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

dyad wrote:Whoever controls Iraq..controls the Oil !!!
There's plenty of oil off of the shores of the USA in the coastal shelves; there's plenty in Alaska; there's plenty in Saudi Arabia (Americans and Brits found it and then their countries let Saudi Arabia 'nationalize' the wells); there's plenty in the Russian Federation; there's plenty in Iran; there's plenty in Kuwait; and there's plenty in various African and Asian nations as well.

Kuwait and Nigeria each currently pump out the same amount of oil that Iraq produces, Iran does just under twice the oil production of Iraq, and Saudi Arabia barrels up just under four times Iraq's daily output. Of these countries, Nigeria's closer and is more rife with civil unrest and Kuwait has the smallest amount of personnel fit for military service.

Because we did not invade more oppurtune targets, such as Kuwait, Libya (which almost rhymes with Dubya), or Nigeria, I would have to say that your statement is incorrect.

Now riddle me this: If there weren't weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and Saddam stood to benefit from opening up Iraq to UN weapons inspections, why was his regime always stalling when Blix and crew were over there?

Why is it so easy for you to believe that we're only in Iraq for the oil?

Speaking of coastal shelf oil, I say let's drill and get our fill. And work on making some bioengineered crops that produce an oil equivalent to petroleum. Sure, hippies stand in our way, but we can throw weed and hallucinogens at their feet and go about our merry way!
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
garrett

Post by garrett »

Allen, you never answered a question posed earlier. Who would be the best candidate for you? I think that your conspiracy theory about big money controlling politics (which now that I think about it, may have some credence) is a little too extreme. Could you run for president right now with your current bank account? I know that I couldn’t. I would, just to see how far I would make it if I was available. So please, don’t keep using the "Bu$h" if you are not going to say anything about the MILLIONS of dollars that Kerry has in his wives accounts.

But back to my question, who would have motivated you enough to get out and vote?

Inquiring minds want to know

Garrett
I actually have all the Spydercos I want. Isn't that wierd? On second though, no I don't...
garrett

Post by garrett »

Throm,

dont forget about South America, whe it come to where the oil is!!

Garrett
I actually have all the Spydercos I want. Isn't that wierd? On second though, no I don't...
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

SOD, I dont even waste my time following politics, Im not a citizen, I cant vote so I mearly observe.
What worries me about this great country (or is that continent from the size of it? :) ) is the likes of this "patriot act", it can be said its for the good of the country, and its cause of this n that.
But what happens when so many of these kind of laws are passed, that you are now sitting firmly in a communist enviroment, that because you wont have rights, only big brother will.

You can flame me, Im not saying such a thing will happen, its just a concern that if such a law can be passed as easily as it was, what else could be?
Will this country be back to a civil war oneday soon to get it back to the point that the 1st civil war had achieved?

Cheers

MaNcEr
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
Concord_Bob

Post by Concord_Bob »

AllenETreat wrote:Voting in the country is a right

That is correct, it's a right. And it is taken away from felons. Thank God for that.
CKE

Post by CKE »

No more good can come of this :(
Carlos shut this baby down, I expect this at the other forums....reason why I don't go there...not here!
Come on guys, seriously find something else to talk about or we will ALL lose the off topic forum.
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Ray.Hood

CKE's right.

Post by Ray.Hood »

Bought any cool toys lately guys and gals?
Sorry I left, feel kinda stupid now. :o
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Ray.Hood wrote:Bought any cool toys lately guys and gals?
Sorry I left, feel kinda stupid now. :o
We all need a break from time-to-time. Glad you're back.

No toys. Just books. I am cerebrally playing with myself lately. (Ooops. :o That may have been TMI. Please no mental picture interpretations.)
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
Ray.Hood

Ooookaay.

Post by Ray.Hood »

;) I do understand J. I just speed-read the newest T. Clancy. Yay.
It was ok. later.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

[quote="Ray.Hood"] ]
Better than Clancy (and it's real) is Eric Haney's Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit. Hayney was one of original members of SOF-D. The book is first person, well written, insightful, and gives you pause to wonder about what we're up against out there.

j
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

garrett wrote:dont forget about South America, whe it come to where the oil is!!
Thanks for the heads-up! I checked it out (skipping Guyana, French Guyana, and Suriname - was that wrong?) and it looks like Mexico and USA each produce more oil on a daily basis than Iraq and South America. We don't even have to leave the North American continent.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

java wrote:Better than Clancy (and it's real) is Eric Haney's Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit. Hayney was one of original members of SOF-D. The book is first person, well written, insightful, and gives you pause to wonder about what we're up against out there.

j

Funny you should mention the Delta Force I actually invented the Delta Force!
I was sitting in a Bar near Møldrup in Jutland way back when. This midget walks over to me and asks]"Single Malt and Sprite will make us fight!"[/color]....-where do you think that came from?!! :D ;)
Vox a.k.a. Delta Viking #1
Ray.Hood

Good to be here J.

Post by Ray.Hood »

Met a few operators in my time. I'll have to look into that.
Clancy is like brain candy. Last good book I read was about WW2.
The Rangers rescued POWs from a Phillipine camp.Killer story.
Anyone read Richard Marcinko?
Sword and Shield

Post by Sword and Shield »

Ray.Hood wrote:Met a few operators in my time. I'll have to look into that.
Clancy is like brain candy. Last good book I read was about WW2.
The Rangers rescued POWs from a Phillipine camp.Killer story.
Anyone read Richard Marcinko?
Ghost Soldiers, I presume? Heckuva book. :)
I am a man. But I can change. If I have to. I guess...-- The Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge #11.