2018 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Re: 2018 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by ZrowsN1s »

8legs wrote:Can somebody please give me a step by step method to enable me to post my entry to the 2018 calendar. Pretend I'm completely ignorant to posting. Thank you.
Hi 8legs. Welcome to the forum! Be sure to read all the submission rules at the beginning of this thread before posting, but AFTER you have the pic and want to post it here.... Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75367 I explain how to use a photo hosting site and post the pic on pages 1 and 2. Alternatively if you make a copy of your Hi-Res Calendar pic and re-size it to less than 500kb you can post it directly by dragging and dropping the pic into this editor here and placing the attachment in line. If you have any problems you can shoot me a direct message and I'll help you out if I can.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Forum Name: SpyderNut

Product Names:
· Spyderco Schempp Persian Folder - C83GPRD – Plain Edge, Red G-10 Handle
· Spyderco Wayne Goddard Jr. - C18PSWH – Combo Edge, White Micarta Handle
· Spyderco Dodo - C80GSBL – Serrated Edge, Blue G-10 Handle

History of Image:
The month of July is a special time for my wife and me. Not only do we enjoy celebrating the birth of our Nation’s independence on July 4th, but we also look forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary—which is also on July 4th. This year marks nine wonderful years of marriage for us. I am truly fortunate to have her in my life as my best friend and spouse, as she is more than I deserve. Two of the three knives pictured (the Persian Folder and the Goddard Jr.) were gifts from my wife. This picture represents some of my fondest memories of the summer. I hope you enjoy. :) Best of luck to all and thank you to Spyderco for the opportunity!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

8legs wrote:Can somebody please give me a step by step method to enable me to post my entry to the 2018 calendar. Pretend I'm completely ignorant to posting. Thank you.
1. Take a beautiful breathtaking picture on a digital camera that meets the requirements in the first post of the thread (The Competition Rules)
2. Join a free photo hosting site online (I use Imgur but others are available)
3. Upload your image from your camera to the site following their instructions
4. Open the image on the site and look for the forum code link on the page (will have IMG in square brackets ['IMG] and end [/'IMG])
5. Copy and paste all that link information including the stuff in square brackets onto a post here, with a description that meets the rules requirements.
6. Hit submit
7. Relax with a refreshing beverage of your choice
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
embry386

Post by embry386 »

My entry showcases my Native 5 lightweight (currently my only Spyderco). I've got the all-black DLC-coated version, and the color complements the black lichen in the foreground and contrasts nicely with the pale rocks and vivid rusty lichen. Photo was taken during a hot and humid day a few weeks ago in the Arizona desert where I live.

Last edited by embry386 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slice 'n dice

Post by Slice 'n dice »

This is my recently acquired Spyderco Urban Sprint in K390, or as I like to call her, Ibis. Ibis is named after the Northern Bald Ibis, an endangered species of bird that migrates from Austria to Italy. It just so happens that the steel, Bohler K390, comes from Austria, and the knife, Urban, is assembled in Italy. The Spyder follows the same path as the bird! The grey/blue FRN scales also reflect the color of a cloudy day. This image was taken to represent the connection between the steel, the knife, the sky, and the bird.
Grasshopper 3CR, Dragonfly 2 H1, Tenacious 8CR13MOV, ParaMilitary 2 CPM S110V, Small Paring Knife MBS-26, Roadie N690Co, Urban K390, Baliyo Grey, Manbug HAP40.
Uke

Post by Uke »

Model Name: Dragonfly 2 Salt C28YL2
Forum Name: Uke

I recently emigrated from England to the United States (a dream of mine for many years!) but had to let go of most of my worldly goods in order to make the move. Unfortunately that included the majority of my Spyderco collection so I had to make a few tough choices, but I always knew my Dragonfly 2 Salt was coming with me! Super lightweight, rust proof and with cutting ability well above its size it has been with me through thick and thin. I took this shot yesterday evening whilst slicing cable ties to hang some lights out on the deck. With the sun setting and Old Glory hanging proudly in the background it was a moment that made me extremely grateful to finally be living here, in the land of the free...and all things Spyderco! :)
SergG

The Manix and two apples.

Post by SergG »

Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight s110V

The Manix is the best EDC knife in the world. It has the best steel s110v, which is keeping sharp of the blade very much time. And the manix has little weight, it's very important for me. It has the awesome wire clip and a better lock mechanism. All these things make it the best EDC knife. And after I bought the manix, I am carrying it every day in the city.
Last edited by SergG on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Deacon

Gaspeite Kiwi

Post by The Deacon »

The Kiwi has been my favorite small Spyderco for over fourteen years. This particular one was customized with gaspeite scales by Santa Fe Stoneworks about eight years ago. Photo was taken on a hike through John Boyd Thacher State Park when I still lived in New York.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

Does anyone know if the old calendar photos from previous years are posted anywhere? thx!
always looking for more lums :spyder:
brj

Post by brj »

My trusted Pacific Salt (that I've purchased back in 2006, used constantly and modified to FFG, mirror polish & zero grind) overlooking the beauty of the Transfagarasan - according to Top Gear, "the best road in the world".
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

DSC_1609.JPG
Knife: FB03BRG
Forum Name: chuckd
The Lum Tanto is one of my favorite knives of all, such that I don't use it enough. However, I have used to for some tasks like cracking bee hives. These knives are too sweet to be safe queens entirely!
Last edited by chuckd on Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JibaJab

Post by JibaJab »

Spyderco Manix 2 CRUWEAR - C101GPGY2

This is my first post to the forum, but I've been reading and viewing threads on here for awhile. I have three Manix's and I love them all. They are one of the most ergonomic knives for me.

I thought my Manix looked cool with blue rit dyed handles, so I wanted to share it. There are little bits of snow in the picture, better seen on the full size image. Those with the blue handles give a suddle winter theme.
20161223_145540 (1) copy 2.jpg
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Forum Name: DutchBlades
Product: Spyderco Nirvana (C199TI)

The Spyderco Nirvana was one of those "Love at first sight" situations for me.
From the moment I held the prototype, I knew it would end up in my collection some day.
Truly a remarkable feat of engineering with it's integral body in a production folder.
Combine this with premium materials, a great design with matching fit&finish, and you'll get why I had to get one.
I hope you guys and gals enjoy the picture as much as I do the knife and good luck to all participating! :)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
SpyderJoe

Post by SpyderJoe »

Spyderco Domino

A slab of Titanium a dash of Carbon Fiber a slice of Stainless Steel, carefully crafted into a Full-Flat-Ground Blade layered between two lightning fast Ball Bearings washers..

Fresh ingredients for a wonderfully refreshing Knife!

Do you find yourself eating more fresh fruits and vegetables because you love using a particular knife? Well I Do!

I recently diced up some delicious peppers and the Domino breezed right though it :D

Good Job Spyderco! =-D

:spyder:

Image Info
Original Size 24.3MP
6000x4000

Click the link below to download a Medium Rez (2200x1467) Wallpaper version
http://i.imgur.com/HTFQD5M.jpg
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Forum name: tap78
Model: Spyderco Sage 3 C123CFBAP and Spyderco Square Bead Pewter BEAD1

I've chosen this knife because of fantastic pixel pattern on carbon fiber/g10 handle scales that makes the light play at different angles. It has eye-pleasing appearance and fantastic performance as an EDC knife. Sage 3 is a great, ergonomic knife that cut well and look good... especially on geometric pixel patterns, floating dust and bokeh...

Thank You Spyderco for making the contest, and I wish a good luck to all contestants.
Tomasz tap
Last edited by tap78 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

forum name: i am travvy
knife: Manix 2 C101GBBK2

The Manix 2 is one of my favorite knives. From its ergonomics to its ease of use thanks to its caged ball bearing lock, this knife is a winner!

Imagecontest image by Travis Raffety, on Flickr
Wralle

Post by Wralle »

As a child i loved to play Domino's, and thanks to Spyderco i never have to forget my amazing memories as a child and as an adult i can create more memories using the Spyderco Domino (C172CFTI).

Last edited by Wralle on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Matriarch 2, Manix 2 translucent blue, Manix 2 Carbon Fiber CPM154/S90V, Scorpious, PM2 S110V, Para 3 SPY27, Streetbeat FRN, Bug, Chaparral Rafir Noble, Chaparral Ti, Tenacious, Mule Team 21, Domino, Rhino, Spot, One Eyed Jack, Dogtag Ti, Native 5 Fluted CF, Amalgam, Coin 2017 :cool:
Amika

Post by Amika »

I decided to change my post to this image i took of my Hubbies PM2 Midnight Blue S110V (C81GDBL2).

He loves this knife and its part of his EDC. So i hope this pic can get him a Para 3 :) Thank you

Last edited by Amika on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
budoka92

Post by budoka92 »

Here's my Spyderco C11WDP Delica, that i got as a anniversary gift
Pic is taken from our anniversary evening with my spouse, good wine, little snack, great knife. :)