Military M4 Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
palonej

Re: Military M4 Exclusive

Post by palonej »

Great job on the vid David! Enjoyed it and I REALLY just love that sound the Millie makes on lock up!!
It's like a definitive sound of finality. Too cool!!
Joe
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

palonej wrote:Great job on the vid David! Enjoyed it and I REALLY just love that sound the Millie makes on lock up!!
Joe
If you hold your palm against the back of the handle it amplifies and makes a nice satisfying clack when opening. My wife hates it :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
palonej

Post by palonej »

Evil D wrote:
palonej wrote:Great job on the vid David! Enjoyed it and I REALLY just love that sound the Millie makes on lock up!!
Joe
If you hold your palm against the back of the handle it amplifies and makes a nice satisfying clack when opening. My wife hates it :D
I love it brother!!! The sound my Ti Millie makes on lock up is worth every dollar I spent on it!!
Nothing like that sweet CLACK!!
Joe
archangel

Post by archangel »

palonej wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Joe
I love it brother!!! The sound my Ti Millie makes on lock up is worth every dollar I spent on it!!
Nothing like that sweet CLACK!!
Joe
The sound of my K2 locking is also impressive. Music in my ears! :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

I love the knife and the steel; the handle colors make me hesitate. I would have to get custom handles.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

dreadpirate wrote:I love the knife and the steel; the handle colors make me hesitate. I would have to get custom handles.
You could probably trade the natural scales off pretty easily, or if nothing else they should take almost any color dye.
~David
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Evil D wrote:You could probably trade the natural scales off pretty easily, or if nothing else they should take almost any color dye.
The Jade scales use larger bolts than the previous models. I wonder what kind of problems this would cause in trading scales.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bdblue wrote:
Evil D wrote:You could probably trade the natural scales off pretty easily, or if nothing else they should take almost any color dye.
The Jade scales use larger bolts than the previous models. I wonder what kind of problems this would cause in trading scales.

That's true, there are less options for trade. I also don't know how many custom scale makers have made the jump to the new design either.
~David
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

accidental post testing images :o
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DougC-3 wrote:accidental post testing images :o
Unacceptable. Since this is my thread I must demand you post a pic now. :D
~David
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Evil D wrote: .. if nothing else they should take almost any color dye.
Oh - that's a great idea!
StuttgartMadness

Post by StuttgartMadness »

I hope this knife is still around when i can afford it... I love M4...
Currently lusting after the PM2 in S110V... And the Para 3... And the Military... And pretty much everything else...

"A man without a knife, is a man without a life"
-Anonymous (This guy has some great quotes)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Evil D wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:accidental post testing images :o
Unacceptable. Since this is my thread I must demand you post a pic now. :D
:eek: :D ;) I haven't really had a chance to compare the different hosting sites yet, so I'm just gonna post this pic I already posted from imgur :p

If I had a few more funds to throw around I might get the jade Millie and swap the M-4 blade into this one:

But it's hard to justify buying a 7th millie :( HMmm... maybe I could find somebody who wanted the resulting jade S30V millie. By the way, thanks for the video.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.