Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
utor

Re: Show your mods!

Post by utor »

i modded a urban with this wood scales. because the wood turned out to be too fragile (or me not working precise enough) to support the axis - see crack in on scale - i decided add steel lines, which added to the weight of the knive, but in my point of view also to its classy appearance. :D looking forward to your opinions.

johnson

Post by johnson »

I Love the Native 5 LW. It's a nice size and weight for me to use as an EDC. I've got big thick thumbs :D . On my original Native I did the same mod as was done in the first couple of pages of this thread. Did the same mods om my N5LW as well. I Enlarged the :spyder: hole by about 1mm and removed some of the material from the scale to get better access to the :spyder: hole with my thumb. It now works like a charm with my big thumb :D
Attachments
image2[84].JPG
image1[83].JPG
vivi

Post by vivi »

BOOMER52 wrote:Delica with my Lil'Para MOD... textured black G10 with orange G10 liners and back spacer... Wilson Combat Blast pattern...
Hey Boomer52, could you make Pacific Salt handles? It's my favorite model, and I've been trying to find someone that could make me a one piece Titanium handle.

If anyone reading this knows someone that could do it, please contact me.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Jazz wrote:
Douglas wrote:I think this probably counts as a mod:

Not gonna lie - that is really interesting, in a good way.
That's pretty slick. I could swear I saw a while back someone who made a kitchen style mule where the handle was higher than the edge.

I have a couple of Mules that I was going to try to do that on, but haven't really found my way to it yet.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

johnson wrote:I Love the Native 5 LW. It's a nice size and weight for me to use as an EDC. I've got big thick thumbs :D . On my original Native I did the same mod as was done in the first couple of pages of this thread. Did the same mods om my N5LW as well. I Enlarged the :spyder: hole by about 1mm and removed some of the material from the scale to get better access to the :spyder: hole with my thumb. It now works like a charm with my big thumb :D
Very nice. I did that to an older style Native. Works great. Never thought of doing it to this one. It just so happens I can't get mine out of my pocket lately. Nice knife. Thanks for sharing the cool mod.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Donut wrote: That's pretty slick. I could swear I saw a while back someone who made a kitchen style mule where the handle was higher than the edge.

I have a couple of Mules that I was going to try to do that on, but haven't really found my way to it yet.
I suspect you're remembering my original project thread, back about 5 years ago. I just checked and you posted in it. The project sat idle for a long time, and I just finally got around to finishing it.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Douglas wrote:
Donut wrote: That's pretty slick. I could swear I saw a while back someone who made a kitchen style mule where the handle was higher than the edge.

I suspect you're remembering my original project thread, back about 5 years ago. I just checked and you posted in it. The project sat idle for a long time, and I just finally got around to finishing it.
No, maybe 4 or 5 years ago someone posted an image of a Santoku handled Mule.

Either that or I'm just making it up. :P

I just googled Kitchen Mule... Maybe you're right or maybe I'm remembering the guy who posted his mule with a modified handle in your thread.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

Vivi wrote:
BOOMER52 wrote:Delica with my Lil'Para MOD... textured black G10 with orange G10 liners and back spacer... Wilson Combat Blast pattern...
Hey Boomer52, could you make Pacific Salt handles? It's my favorite model, and I've been trying to find someone that could make me a one piece Titanium handle.

If anyone reading this knows someone that could do it, please contact me.
I run a high speed spindle CNC that has no capacity to machine metals... the RPM speed is entirely too fast.

I also do not have the CAD/CAM/G-code files for a Pacific Salt...
hom76

Post by hom76 »

Last edited by hom76 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Nice Urban, hom!
- best wishes, Jazz.
utor

Post by utor »

yeah nice carbon handle - beautiful work! did you manage to attach the clip on the other side, and if yes - how did you drill the slots?
OkanSeven

Post by OkanSeven »

The Tenacious Turtle
:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
OkanSeven

Post by OkanSeven »

:spyder: CO1 Worker 2014 Sprint(x2)-Southard-Myrtle-PM2 S110v-Sage 5-Sliverax-Lum Tanto FB Sprint-Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189-Delica 4 G-10-Manix 2 FW-Endura 4-Tasman-Roadie-Delica 2 Stainless-Tenacious Turtle-Bug :spyder:

Dreaming for a Pacific Salt 2 FFG LC200n and a
Manix 2 XL back lock
hom76

Post by hom76 »

plumlum

Post by plumlum »

I'm Batman.
Image[/url]
always looking for more lums :spyder:
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

Lil'Para mod and G10 sculpted pocket clip...

embry386

Post by embry386 »

plumlum wrote:I'm Batman.
Image[/url]
Nice! What'd you use to blackify the blade?
plumlum

Post by plumlum »

Figured out a decent deep carry clip for the little lum. fits like a glove Image[/url]

Image[/url]
always looking for more lums :spyder:
Dferg10

Post by Dferg10 »

Xplorer wrote:
polyhexamethyl wrote:Wow, Chad that's awesome!

where did you get the helicoils in such a small size?
Thanks polyhexamethyl!

It took me a while to find the right helicoils. I eventually ordered them from Bisco Industries, which is an electronics and fastener supplier serving the aerospace industry. The parts were actually made by Kato Fastening Systems. The problem with obscure little parts like this is they're about $.08 each if you buy thousands of them but if you only want a dozen they're like $6.50 a piece :eek: . But whatever...they worked great and left the knife looking clean. $20 feels like too much money for 3 tiny helicoils, but I prefer to think of it as $20 for a complete tip-up Millie mod....in those terms it doesn't sound so bad. :p :)

Best regards,

Chad
Well done! Great job!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Modded 3 today. The Roadie's a little rough. I don't have a grinder, but I thinned the blade a lot, made it an easy opener with handle cutout, that also serves as a finger groove.

I made the Spy-DK an easy opener too, also feels great when gripping.

I clip pointed another Pingo. I did the black one years ago, and made the orange to a drop point. Just never liked it, so it got a better looking clip with no swedge.

- best wishes, Jazz.