Pakkawood Endura HAP40 exclusive at KC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Re: Pakkawood Endura HAP40 exclusive at KC

Post by captnvegtble »

I wonder if this Hap40 Delica will have the same thinness of blade as the other orange FRN sprint run.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

captnvegtble wrote:I wonder if this Hap40 Delica will have the same thinness of blade as the other orange FRN sprint run.
Why would it not?
foofie

Post by foofie »

I learned about this release four days ago. I pre-ordered four days ago. Already, I can't wait! What's taking so long?! :eek:

I have issues...
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Popsickle wrote:
captnvegtble wrote:I wonder if this Hap40 Delica will have the same thinness of blade as the other orange FRN sprint run.
Why would it not?

The Burnt Orange HAP40 Delica had an ~0.1-0.2 mm thinner blade than normal (~2.4 mm vs. 2.5 mm thickness), which doesn't sound like a lot, but makes it a notably better slicer. I love the thinness of it, but I'm not sure if the Hap40 stock is normally thinner or if this was an "error". I would love it if this is standard Hap40 thickness, but I suspect it probably is not.
Last edited by captnvegtble on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

Just got word from KC that the Delica has arrived and pre orders will ship today!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

BrianD wrote:Just got word from KC that the Delica has arrived and pre orders will ship today!
I guess they didn't lie when they said a few days. That's awesome, hopefully the first shipment was large enough to fill all our preorders. Can't wait, let's see some pics when they arrive.
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

Slumblor wrote:I guess they didn't lie when they said a few days. That's awesome, hopefully the first shipment was large enough to fill all our preorders. Can't wait, let's see some pics when they arrive.
Customer service said that they got the entire run in today, so all pre orders will be filled. Good way to start the week!
attila

Post by attila »

Well, there goes my money!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

attila wrote:Well, there goes my money!
All weekend I have been vomiting money I do not have. What's one more for a killer Delica? I'm gonna be glued to my email today!
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
attila

Post by attila »

PayneTrain wrote:
All weekend I have been vomiting money I do not have. What's one more for a killer Delica? I'm gonna be glued to my email today!
They're in stock now!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

one Endura is on its way to Spain! :D
Last edited by Filoso- on Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A-TAZ

Post by A-TAZ »

I bet the pre-orders all are filled, because I just ordered one new (no pre-order) .... this will be my first Delica. I was on the verge of a ZDP-189 version, but this sprung up....
SG89

Post by SG89 »

PayneTrain wrote:
I know what you mean! My card was charged today which means mine is shipping out :D
RIP my finances lol
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

A-TAZ wrote:I bet the pre-orders all are filled, because I just ordered one new (no pre-order) .... this will be my first Delica. I was on the verge of a ZDP-189 version, but this sprung up....
Wow what a first Delica to have! Awesome!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
A-TAZ

Post by A-TAZ »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
A-TAZ wrote:I bet the pre-orders all are filled, because I just ordered one new (no pre-order) .... this will be my first Delica. I was on the verge of a ZDP-189 version, but this sprung up....
Wow what a first Delica to have! Awesome!
Thank you Spydergirl88! I have been avoiding, probably irrationally, VG-10. (A holdover from my kitchen-knife preferences/prejudices). I have a dozen spydies... but never a Delica before. Can't wait till it gets here!
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

Spydergirl88 wrote:I know what you mean! My card was charged today which means mine is shipping out :D
RIP my finances lol
Yup, just checked mine and there's the charge! It's not my balances that worry me, it's my pending balances. :o
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I guess they got both models in. I ordered one of each and have both charges pending. I was not overly prepared for this. :eek: I need a summer job! That said, can I get a Stretch also!

Thank you Spyderco!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

My credit card charged, too!
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

Card charged and ship notification received. Let's just hope the guys at customs don't spend too much time admiring it.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

eeeeEEEEEK! It's coming! By Friday, judging from past experience! Wow, so excited, it's been a while since I bought a new Spydie, let alone one straight up my alley!

The Stretch was the first thing that came to mind once I saw that both the Delica and Endura were getting this. I think it would be a crime not to do a Stretch in this style. It's clearly going to happen. I wonder if they're going to do the smaller guys though. I feel like you'd want a larger scale so you can really appreciate the grain and the variations throughout it.