Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Re: Crazy deals @ Sierra and other places

Post by bh49 »

DougC-3 wrote: The knife inside, however, was a fake blackblade PM2
I am sorry to hear this. I am sure that you will get your money back, still sorry for disapointment.
Just curious, what is seller's feedback?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:
DougC-3 wrote: The knife inside, however, was a fake blackblade PM2
I am sorry to hear this. I am sure that you will get your money back, still sorry for disapointment.
Just curious, what is seller's feedback?
They had 98.9% positive feedback, but just 402 total sales. This seems reasonable, but some sellers have 100% positive. I knew I was taking a little bit of a chance about getting the right Manix, but I didn't expect to get a fake knife. However, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting a refund. I'll just resort to using ebay's guarantee if necessarey. Thanks for your concern :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I hate, when bad things happen with good people. I am sure that you will get your money back.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bh49 wrote:I hate, when bad things happen with good people. I am sure that you will get your money back.
Thanks. I see now that they have a 2 week money back guarantee, so I requested that they send me the correct knife or a refund. I'm sure they'll comply, and even if they didn't ebay would step in and give me a refund. I don't mind going to a little trouble like this occasionally in the pursuit of good knives :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
vgex

Post by vgex »

Just to make sure everyone had a chance to roll the dice, there are still 12 slots available of 350 (as of 23:45 Central) for the Massdrop Blue Box: Spyderco Native 5
Last edited by vgex on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

vgex wrote:Just to make sure everyone had a chance to roll the dice, there are still 29 slots available of 350 (at the time of this post) for the Massdrop Blue Box: Spyderco Native 5
This is actually really tempting. If I didn't already have a LW and G10 Native 5 I would be all over it. The possibility of the upgrade is nice, but I really just want the maxamet.
PM2 Cruwear, PM2 S35VN, PM2 S30V, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 LW CTS-XHP, Native 5 LW S35VN, Native 5 G10 S35VN, Mantra M4, Sage 5 S30V, Chaparral CTS-XHP, Stretch Hap40, Stretch VG10, Centofante 3 VG10, Delica 4 Hap40, Delica 4 ZDP 189, Delica 4 VG10, Dragonfly 2 VG10, Ladybug 3 H1, Caly3 ZDP189, Urban LW K390
cpl

Post by cpl »

A couple Amazon deals on the Manix 2:

S30V, G10 (black), $85: https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Manix-B ... B002ECY7XI

CTS BD1, FRCP (black) $70: https://smile.amazon.com/Spyderco-Manix ... C0C45T78CQ

CTS BD1, FRCP (translucent blue), $80: https://smile.amazon.com/Spyderco-Manix ... Z6ZNKMB34V
foofie

Post by foofie »

Spydergirl88 wrote:So can someone explain to me why Amazon is getting away with sub-MAP on non discontinued spyderco knives?
I wonder too if tax somehow factors in? Many reputable resellers on Amazon don't need to charge tax on orders, but Amazon itself does for most states. For the cost of any knife, this adds $10-20. I am guessing the pricing algorithm finds a sweet spot and lowers the Amazon price so more people purchase direct rather than from a third-party seller?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Knives Plus... FREE SPYDERCO ROADIE

WHEN YOU SPEND $149.00 OR MORE

BE SURE TO INCLUDE "ROADIE" IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AT CHECKOUT

Since we are closing in on our Independence Day, we wanted to offer you a FREE Spyderco Roadie with any purchase over $149.00. We only ask that you put "Roadie" in the comments box at checkout. We will add the Roadie to your order when we process the orders. We hope you enjoy. Happy Independence Day!

*Limited supply, offer good through the 4th or until we run out of Roadies
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Another ebay coupon, but a limited list of stores, shown on this page:

http://www.ebay.com/rpp/july-4th-coupon ... 8128df696a

A few are outdoor, sporting goods,etc, but so far the only one I've found with a significant number of spydies is Botach, which has many spydies, but not one I'm looking for at the moment.

The coupon code is P20JULY4TH and is good for $20 off 100.

Good for 2 uses.

"Ends July 4th" (I guess that means at the end of July 4th.)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Botach's ebay store, mentioned in my post above, has 3 Merlin C08Bk knives, with ATS 55 blades, released, I think, in 2001 -- they have the Boye Dent and come in the older black boxes.

"This knife is a re-released of the C21 Merlin, it was given the same reference number as the Harpy – C08."

At $149.99 minus $20 with the coupon, they would be S129.99, with free shipping. If I could afford it I'd "collect" one of these since I don't own any ATS55.
archangel

Post by archangel »

DougC-3 wrote:Botach's ebay store, mentioned in my post above, has 3 Merlin C08Bk knives, with ATS 55 blades, released, I think, in 2001 -- they have the Boye Dent and come in the older black boxes.

"This knife is a re-released of the C21 Merlin, it was given the same reference number as the Harpy – C08."

At $149.99 minus $20 with the coupon, they would be S129.99, with free shipping. If I could afford it I'd "collect" one of these since I don't own any ATS55.
All gone, it seems. :( But thanks, looked like a nice opprtunity.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

archangel wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:Botach's ebay store, mentioned in my post above, has 3 Merlin C08Bk knives, with ATS 55 blades, released, I think, in 2001 -- they have the Boye Dent and come in the older black boxes.

All gone, it seems. :( But thanks, looked like a nice opprtunity.
I think it looks like they are still available. They also didn't show up in one of my searches, until I selected "all categories." I think they are listed in the sporting goods category. There's also 10% off if you buy two. If you wanted 2 in the US though, it would be cheaper to order them separately and use the $20 coupon twice, since there's free shipping in the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-C08SBK ... SwnNBXUfV1 <--Merlins

http://stores.ebay.com/botach/sch/_i.html?_nkw=spyderco <--All their spydies
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

DougC-3 wrote:Another ebay coupon, but a limited list of stores, shown on this page:

http://www.ebay.com/rpp/july-4th-coupon ... 8128df696a

A few are outdoor, sporting goods,etc, but so far the only one I've found with a significant number of spydies is Botach, which has many spydies, but not one I'm looking for at the moment.

The coupon code is P20JULY4TH and is good for $20 off 100.

Good for 2 uses.

"Ends July 4th" (I guess that means at the end of July 4th.)
Nice deal. Wish I could find a N5 maxamet in that deal
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I have a hard time searching within the confines of eBay's coupon deals. Is there a better way than attempting to filter on brand once inside the deal search? My search kung fu is weak...

On a side note, I just discovered National Knives has an eBay store. Didn't know that. That's the most legit Spydie store I've run across in my limited looking there.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
setldown

Post by setldown »

mb1 wrote: On a side note, I just discovered National Knives has an eBay store. Didn't know that. That's the most legit Spydie store I've run across in my limited looking there.
If buying from National Knives on eBay check their site for the same item. I have sometimes found (not always) the same item cheaper on their site. Probably because they don't have to pay eBay fees.

But on the occasions when you have a coupon, it's a no brainer.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Found the Merlin, but now I see that they do not ship to Germany. I keep striking out on all ebay coupon deals... :mad:

Thanks anyway. Keep up the good work!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

G10 Manix on Amazon 84.90 this morning.
fanucman

Post by fanucman »

bouhunter wrote:G10 Manix on Amazon 84.90 this morning.
This is a great deal.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

House of blades is doing 10% off for 4th of July weekend. Any other big sites offering discounts?